Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I won't live ...

4 posters

Go down

I won't live ... Empty I won't live ...

Post by Guest Wed May 22, 2013 7:52 pm

Beyond 50... The rate at which I'm getting mild heart attacks daily Sad

Back to top Go down

I won't live ... Empty Re: I won't live ...

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed May 22, 2013 7:59 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote: Beyond 50... The rate at which I'm getting mild heart attacks daily Sad

Depends....left side or right side?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 22, 2013 8:15 pm

Kid fainted on stage. Fell chin-first from one-step-up stand. Actually it was two steps up. But she stepped down one before finally falling.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed May 22, 2013 8:27 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:Kid fainted on stage. Fell chin-first from one-step-up stand. Actually it was two steps up. But she stepped down one before finally falling.

Oh...so sorry to hear that... hope she is fine and I am sure she will be fine in 2 days...

Now, that part is over...here is the real part...

you will have a lot more of such things and more bigger heart attacks coming. Didn't anyone tell you about Teenage years? For E.g. when is she getting her driver's license ?.....

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Thu May 23, 2013 8:30 am

Tracy,

People who say "I won't live beyond.."..usually live for 100 years:) Hope you do too.

Hope your daughter is doing okay.

take care.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 23, 2013 9:34 am

Thanks M. She is ok. It was vasovagal something and I'm told not to worry. It was a hot day yesterday. She doesn't drink much water, had just one lemonade in the morning. The stage was super hot, and she has massive hair. From the beginning of the third song I could see she was uneasy, and son kept telling me she is not singing. She was also swaying a bit on her spot. 5 minutes before her, another girl had stepped out to sit out coz she wasn't feeling well. So when daughter stepped down the stand I thought she is stepping out too. And then bam, she fell straight on the stage. Son thought she died. Anyway, we ran over. Took her outside. A student volunteer brought her water and said he is a lifeguard so he can give cpr, etc if needed. The school people wanted paramedics to check her out anyway. So this lifeguard stayed with us until then. They took her vitals. And she wanted to watch until the end of the show, so we stayed. I texted my sis and she said not to worry, it's vasovagal. Telling you, it's nerve wrecking overall.

The dad had his own gripe, first with her and then I got wrapped up in it too. Two years ago she had had a dizzy spell coz of dehydration. Since then we been constantly reminding her about water. She did fine in all of Florida trip last month, so I thought Chalo she has finally learned. Apparently not. She handles water as if a plug has blocked her throat and nothing will go in. The dad was like, "why didn't YOU make sure she drank water before leaving. When I was taking care of them, I made sure both of them had eight glasses of water each...blah blah blah". Which is true. They three would be in each others face all day about these little minor things when he lived with us for some months last year and he took care of them primarily. Nitpicking over hair, teeth, clothes, water, food, what to say to who. In his mind they both are still 3 years old. It used to be amusing and sad at the same time to see the two gang up against him. Many times I had to come to his rescue when I would see him go near tears, lol. Other times I had to come to their rescue whenever he launched his 30-60 minutes lectures.

Growing up, mom used to yell at me repeatedly. 'marjaani, tu hee mujhe maaregi jaldi mera bp bada bada ke (hindi curse word, you will kill me early by raising my bp).' lol. Guess that's where my own exasperation is coming from.

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Thu May 23, 2013 9:52 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote: Beyond 50... The rate at which I'm getting mild heart attacks daily Sad

time to lease it out to some TLC person Smile

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 23, 2013 9:58 am

garam_kuta wrote:

time to lease it out to some TLC person Smile

Lol. That's cute. Unfortunately I don't look like a damsel in distress, so no suckers for my heart out there wanting to protect me and such.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Thu May 23, 2013 11:07 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:Thanks M. She is ok. It was vasovagal something and I'm told not to worry. It was a hot day yesterday. She doesn't drink much water, had just one lemonade in the morning. The stage was super hot, and she has massive hair. From the beginning of the third song I could see she was uneasy, and son kept telling me she is not singing. She was also swaying a bit on her spot. 5 minutes before her, another girl had stepped out to sit out coz she wasn't feeling well. So when daughter stepped down the stand I thought she is stepping out too. And then bam, she fell straight on the stage. Son thought she died. Anyway, we ran over. Took her outside. A student volunteer brought her water and said he is a lifeguard so he can give cpr, etc if needed. The school people wanted paramedics to check her out anyway. So this lifeguard stayed with us until then. They took her vitals. And she wanted to watch until the end of the show, so we stayed. I texted my sis and she said not to worry, it's vasovagal. Telling you, it's nerve wrecking overall.

The dad had his own gripe, first with her and then I got wrapped up in it too. Two years ago she had had a dizzy spell coz of dehydration. Since then we been constantly reminding her about water. She did fine in all of Florida trip last month, so I thought Chalo she has finally learned. Apparently not. She handles water as if a plug has blocked her throat and nothing will go in. The dad was like, "why didn't YOU make sure she drank water before leaving. When I was taking care of them, I made sure both of them had eight glasses of water each...blah blah blah". Which is true. They three would be in each others face all day about these little minor things when he lived with us for some months last year and he took care of them primarily. Nitpicking over hair, teeth, clothes, water, food, what to say to who. In his mind they both are still 3 years old. It used to be amusing and sad at the same time to see the two gang up against him. Many times I had to come to his rescue when I would see him go near tears, lol. Other times I had to come to their rescue whenever he launched his 30-60 minutes lectures.

Growing up, mom used to yell at me repeatedly. 'marjaani, tu hee mujhe maaregi jaldi mera bp bada bada ke (hindi curse word, you will kill me early by raising my bp).' lol. Guess that's where my own exasperation is coming from.

Hopefully this was nothing serious, and your daughter will be fine. You take care too.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Thu May 23, 2013 1:57 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:Thanks M. She is ok. It was vasovagal something and I'm told not to worry. It was a hot day yesterday. She doesn't drink much water, had just one lemonade in the morning. The stage was super hot, and she has massive hair. From the beginning of the third song I could see she was uneasy, and son kept telling me she is not singing. She was also swaying a bit on her spot. 5 minutes before her, another girl had stepped out to sit out coz she wasn't feeling well. So when daughter stepped down the stand I thought she is stepping out too. And then bam, she fell straight on the stage. Son thought she died. Anyway, we ran over. Took her outside. A student volunteer brought her water and said he is a lifeguard so he can give cpr, etc if needed. The school people wanted paramedics to check her out anyway. So this lifeguard stayed with us until then. They took her vitals. And she wanted to watch until the end of the show, so we stayed. I texted my sis and she said not to worry, it's vasovagal. Telling you, it's nerve wrecking overall.

Both of my kids don't drink much water. They are still on sunny delight, caprisun and my DD used to love apple juice but her taste buds changed. I make popsicles at home and buy them...they are fine with that. They do drink water when the food is spicy. Sometimes I trick them by adding extra spice to their last few bites.

Try cucumber, tomatoes salad or more fruits like watermelon, honeydews, and smoothie? I've read the tomatoes maintain the ph balance. Hopefully you are doing fine.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 23, 2013 2:01 pm

Nila wrote:
Both of my kids don't drink much water. They are still on sunny delight, caprisun and my DD used to love apple juice but her taste buds changed. I make popsicles at home and buy them...they are fine with that. They do drink water when the food is spicy. Sometimes I trick them by adding extra spice to their last few bites.

Try cucumber, tomatoes salad or more fruits like watermelon, honeydews, and smoothie? I've read the tomatoes maintain the ph balance. Hopefully you are doing fine.

lol ya i am doing fine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu May 23, 2013 2:26 pm

Nila wrote:

Get them off of Sunny delight, Caprisun - they are nothing but sugar water with less then 10% juice. You are laying their foundation stone for early diabetes.

Next to cigarettes, Soda pops, the pseudo juices, and energy drinks are the worst health hazards.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Thu May 23, 2013 3:21 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Nila wrote:

Get them off of Sunny delight, Caprisun - they are nothing but sugar water with less then 10% juice. You are laying their foundation stone for early diabetes.

Next to cigarettes, Soda pops, the pseudo juices, and energy drinks are the worst health hazards.

I will try...my DS took nutrition class sometime and I thought he would learn, but nope. Gotta try some flavored water. I talk to their teaches often...but the popsicles are a hit; I make pomegranate ones and they love it.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down