Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

aging naturally

3 posters

Go down

aging naturally Empty aging naturally

Post by Guest Fri May 24, 2013 11:04 pm

guess this is the last of the generations sans plastics... the heartthrobs of 50s, 60s, and 70s

Nanda, Waheeda, Helen, Sadhana

aging naturally Nanda-Waheeda-Helen-Sadhana

their young age pictures:

aging naturally Nanda aging naturally Tumblr_llhjtgF4q01qf0p2vo1_400 aging naturally Helan aging naturally Fringe_benefits

Back to top Go down

aging naturally Empty Re: aging naturally

Post by Guest Sat May 25, 2013 9:58 am

I don't know if this woman is into plastics and stuff, but can't believe she's 75!
Yoga mat, here i come!

http://ca.omg.yahoo.com/blogs/the-juice-celeb-news/jane-fonda-might-hottest-person-cannes-135255674.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat May 25, 2013 11:12 am

nenu wrote:I don't know if this woman is into plastics and stuff, but can't believe she's 75!
Yoga mat, here i come!

http://ca.omg.yahoo.com/blogs/the-juice-celeb-news/jane-fonda-might-hottest-person-cannes-135255674.html

There is a female customer who comes to our office once every 2 or 3 months. 50 y/o, 5' 7" and 117 # and walks/runs like a 20 yr old. hardly any wrinkles and great smile and polite demeanor. You can almost say a Jane Fonda, Jr. This is the woman that comes close to a perfect 50 y/o in real life.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 25, 2013 12:09 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
nenu wrote:I don't know if this woman is into plastics and stuff, but can't believe she's 75!
Yoga mat, here i come!

There is a female customer who comes to our office once every 2 or 3 months. 50 y/o, 5' 7" and 117 # and walks/runs like a 20 yr old. hardly any wrinkles and great smile and polite demeanor. You can almost say a Jane Fonda, Jr. This is the woman that comes close to a perfect 50 y/o in real life.

My aunt used to say, 'even donkeys look like horses when young. There's nothing great about a younger person being beautiful. If a woman is in her 60s (60s seem to be the new 70s now) and still beautiful, that is beauty.'

My SIL's MIL is one such beauty. She's 72 and looks so young and is so very energetic. No wrinkles at all. Her secret:'I don't stress about anything. I take everything easy.' And that is so true! She's always laughing, joking, is positive, has so much enthusiasm to learn new stuff and try new things, enjoys the company of people, has tons of friends and all. And she takes care of herself well too-goes for morning walks daily, eats right, moisturizes at least her face and hands daily and all. She's such an inspiration!

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat May 25, 2013 12:16 pm

nenu wrote:
Yoga mat, here i come!

My aunt used to say, 'even donkeys look like horses when young. There's nothing great about a younger person being beautiful. If a woman is in her 60s (60s seem to be the new 70s now) and still beautiful, that is beauty.'

My SIL's MIL is one such beauty. She's 72 and looks so young and is so very energetic. No wrinkles at all. Her secret:'I don't stress about anything. I take everything easy.' And that is so true! She's always laughing, joking, is positive, has so much enthusiasm to learn new stuff and try new things, enjoys the company of people, has tons of friends and all. And she takes care of herself well too-goes for morning walks daily, eats right, moisturizes at least her face and hands daily and all. She's such an inspiration!

Donkeys....believe me...they look real cute when they are young. There was a time in Coimbatore, donkeys roamed the streets so much that Dobby wallas would grab any donkey he wanted to take them to the riverbank (Noyyal) to wash clothes, release them. Catch another bunch for the return. The donkey families were real cute. Donkeys ran around streets like a race track....

Man...those were great days...dont see any donkeys anymore, and Noyyal has no water and only sewage.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by iTEDx Mon May 27, 2013 3:49 pm

....and then there is this....

http://ca.omg.yahoo.com/news/barbara-eden-78-wears-dream-jeannie-costume-life-223000578-us-weekly.html

iTEDx

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon May 27, 2013 4:00 pm

Most of the whites develop wrinkles in their mid 20s. If you scrap the make up, all your will see are wrinkles and freckles. Men of course you just need to look at their face.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by iTEDx Mon May 27, 2013 4:20 pm

But Barbara Eden and Jane Fonda look AMAZZZING at 75+! I just wish these Indian beauties were wearing more flattering clothes... thats all

iTEDx

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon May 27, 2013 5:50 pm

Jane Fonda indeed looks amazing. Barbara Eden...???? hm..

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Tue May 28, 2013 10:39 am

Yoga mat, here i come!

Say what? What's this U..50 ellam oru vayasa?

Great smile and polite demeanor..is "obviously" lifelong..There is a 80+ club in my community..you should some of the women there..not to mention, some of my older relatives in their 80s..sure, when they become sick..they go to the hospitals, have medical procedures etc..good genes and "healthy habits and living" do help- to look vibrant..hardly any wrinkles at their age!
Speaking of vibrant, as one of the posters here said..for these well-known stars..remaining natural is good..but, without going through any medical "enhancement"..they would certainly look great in bright colors, better fitting clothes..and even minimum make up.

It's their choice..how Look at P.Susheela, LR Eshwari and other venerable stars look, and esp. Saroja Devi..stands out pushing 80..her poise, choice of sarees, some make up..sweet politeness/attitude..makes her majestic "kambeeram" and it is natural for her..as always!

*And this is very long interview with her marriage video..but the way she honestly speaks about her husband (how a really supportive and loving husband made a difference) and how people ignored her when she became a widow..just "different" and refreshing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR4BDkIwoik
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Tue May 28, 2013 11:17 am

Looks like Janaki amma has opted for the going grey, no make-up and white route..have not seen her in a long time! The style-way she (Janaki) wears her white saree (bring one end of the pallu and sorugu (?) in the skirt in the left side) is how some used to do it, don't see it much these days!

Nice to see these two songbirds laughing and singing together..the friendships of women in that age group..girlfriends, and even peers/rivals who have known each other for 40 and 50 + years..is quite delightful to observe:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buaweoIcA8w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJdZG4grH98&NR=1&feature=fvwp
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue May 28, 2013 11:32 am

Maria S wrote:Looks like Janaki amma has opted for the going grey, no make-up and white route..have not seen her in a long time! The style-way she (Janaki) wears her white saree (bring one end of the pallu and sorugu (?) in the skirt in the left side) is how some used to do it, don't see it much these days!

Nice to see these two songbirds laughing and singing together..the friendships of women in that age group..girlfriends, and even peers/rivals who have known each other for 40 and 50 + years..is quite delightful to observe:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buaweoIcA8w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJdZG4grH98&NR=1&feature=fvwp

Mariamma:

your views dont count much as you praise anyone for something or other

My views dont count much either as I criticize anyone for something or other.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Tue May 28, 2013 1:02 pm

Mariamma:

Hmm..so my views don't count, that is shocking.

From now on..going to prove how brilliant and real I am by trying to fit in with you all here..in every para I post there will be smart nakkals, kuthals, big time sarcasm, big paras with scathing criticism..praise reserved only for nobel-prize worthy people and stuff..even when people die..would make comparisons right way..and say how "someone else was better"..won't see a thank you from me anymore..

Well..too bad am delighted about the perception! When all is said and done..if praise and compliments (when I find something good and compliment worthy) is what I will be remembered for, so be it!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue May 28, 2013 1:43 pm

Maria S wrote:

Mariamma:

Hmm..so my views don't count, that is shocking.

From now on..going to prove how brilliant and real I am by trying to fit in with you all here..in every para I post there will be smart nakkals, kuthals, big time sarcasm, big paras with scathing criticism..praise reserved only for nobel-prize worthy people and stuff..even when people die..would make comparisons right way..and say how "someone else was better"..won't see a thank you from me anymore..

Well..too bad am delighted about the perception! When all is said and done..if praise and compliments (when I find something good and compliment worthy) is what I will be remembered for, so be it!

Now you are all too serious.... You did not read my second sentence...

Does that stop me from saying whatever I want or trying to conform to the crowd... Nada...not happening...

So you say your thing in your own way...no matter who says what...or thinks whatever.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Tue May 28, 2013 2:17 pm

So you say your thing in your own way...no matter who says what...or thinks whatever.

Thank you:)

See..what you did! You "made" me say..you know what.

Whatever floats people's boats, rocks their world..and a thousand other cliche's. Being positive and complimenting people "is me", works for me. *If I don't like something, will be totally silent..and it is quite transparent..with lots of "you don't like it? what's wrong? Why are not saying something"..even the tone in a "hello" is all it takes..if it's not the "normal" for me..it will be "why are you dull, what's wrong, are you sick" etc.

If I want to be quite critical and demanding for a purpose- get things "accomplished"..there are times and places for it..don't see myself coming to an on line site..and posting anything about people who are not impressive to me at all, or tearing apart others like/admire.. not worth my time posting- sharing my thoughts and feelings about/criticizing jackasses and all kinds of other asses:)

Anyways..hope you had a good weekend, I did.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down