Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advani vs Modi: Civil War erupts within BJP

3 posters

Go down

Advani vs Modi: Civil War erupts within BJP Empty Advani vs Modi: Civil War erupts within BJP

Post by Guest Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:34 pm

This is very exciting. I hope the anti Modi faction in the BJP prevails. Advani had saved Modi in 2002 and the same Modi now wants to finish off Advani politically.

Back to top Go down

Advani vs Modi: Civil War erupts within BJP Empty Re: Advani vs Modi: Civil War erupts within BJP

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:42 pm

Rashmun wrote:This is very exciting. I hope the anti Modi faction in the BJP prevails. Advani had saved Modi in 2002 and the same Modi now wants to finish off Advani politically.

Advani's time has passed and he will toe the line. All the senior leaders are in mid 50s-60s, and most notably the RSS leaders. They have also read the rank and file and Advani is a known figure who has no reason to excite people or gain in popularity. Modi is the controversial one with center-left and 1/3rd BJP opposing but exciting the younger generation.

Adios Advani. Hola Modi - for good or bad (can be any worse than the ItMata). Hopefully, Modi will not be accumulating wealth for his kids and not pass on the power to his kids.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Advani vs Modi: Civil War erupts within BJP Empty Re: Advani vs Modi: Civil War erupts within BJP

Post by Guest Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:50 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Rashmun wrote:This is very exciting. I hope the anti Modi faction in the BJP prevails. Advani had saved Modi in 2002 and the same Modi now wants to finish off Advani politically.

Advani's time has passed and he will toe the line. All the senior leaders are in mid 50s-60s, and most notably the RSS leaders. They have also read the rank and file and Advani is a known figure who has no reason to excite people or gain in popularity. Modi is the controversial one with center-left and 1/3rd BJP opposing but exciting the younger generation.

Adios Advani. Hola Modi - for good or bad (can be any worse than the ItMata). Hopefully, Modi will not be accumulating wealth for his kids and not pass on the power to his kids.

Even Modi is in his 60's. Advani has now turned against Modi because he knows Modi has the potential to destroy the BJP if not India. Modi has finished off all the stalwarts of the Gujarat BJP one by one because he does not believe in sharing power. He will do the same in Delhi. He is a dictator in the mould of Indra Gandhi in the emergency years. If Modi comes to power he will destroy the BJP and lead India to doom. A good parallel is Adolf Hitler who destroyed the leadership of his political party and then destroyed his country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:00 am

Rashmun wrote:

Even Modi is in his 60's. Advani has now turned against Modi because he knows Modi has the potential to destroy the BJP if not India. Modi has finished off all the stalwarts of the Gujarat BJP one by one because he does not believe in sharing power. He will do the same in Delhi. He is a dictator in the mould of Indra Gandhi in the emergency years. If Modi comes to power he will destroy the BJP and lead India to doom. A good parallel is Adolf Hitler who destroyed the leadership of his political party and then destroyed his country.

he IS an Indira-style dictator, and luckily as long as he is in the BJP, he wont be able to do an Indira-style emergency. The RSS will not let him do that. He is a little more autocratic to my liking but then so are JJ, Mamata, Thackereys, karuna, CBN, Mayawati, and Sonia. No one can speak against any of these and hope to be alive politicially. So Modi is no different.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:06 am

Rashmun wrote:

he IS an Indira-style dictator, and luckily as long as he is in the BJP, he wont be able to do an Indira-style emergency. The RSS will not let him do that. He is a little more autocratic to my liking but then so are JJ, Mamata, Thackereys, karuna, CBN, Mayawati, and Sonia. No one can speak against any of these and hope to be alive politicially. So Modi is no different.

Advani, Murli Manohar Joshi, Sushma Swaraj, Ananth Kumar, etc. refuse to know tow before Modi and hence the clash. Do you think there could be a split in the party? I hope the anti Modi faction goes ahead and splits the BJP if Modi manages to take control of the BJP with the help of the RSS. In a coalition era Modi will become a political outcaste, a political untouchable. I don't think this one man show will work in India like it worked in Gujarat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:13 am

Rashmun wrote:
Advani, Murli Manohar Joshi, Sushma Swaraj, Ananth Kumar, etc. refuse to know tow before Modi and hence the clash. Do you think there could be a split in the party? I hope the anti Modi faction goes ahead and splits the BJP if Modi manages to take control of the BJP with the help of the RSS. In a coalition era Modi will become a political outcaste, a political untouchable. I don't think this one man show will work in India like it worked in Gujarat.

This has all the markings of a Congress split in the 60s with Modi playing Indira and Advani playing Morarji. The key here is Modi will not dare split BJP before the elections as he will lose RSS support (RSS -Modi are just convenient colleagues) and all the rest of the country's politicians and it might even make Advani's BJP look moderate and acceptable to other parties. Modi wants to head the party into elections and the very first thing he will do is finish off all his opponents and force Advani to do a Morarji. Once in power, he knows he can have his way. Now, that is dangerous. Indians being stupid and hero worshippers, they will have created a hitler -

Can anyone name any other BJP politician in Gujarat - now that is Indira style. Not good.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:16 am

Rashmun wrote:

This has all the markings of a Congress split in the 60s with Modi playing Indira and Advani playing Morarji. The key here is Modi will not dare split BJP before the elections as he will lose RSS support (RSS -Modi are just convenient colleagues) and all the rest of the country's politicians and it might even make Advani's BJP look moderate and acceptable to other parties. Modi wants to head the party into elections and the very first thing he will do is finish off all his opponents and force Advani to do a Morarji. Once in power, he knows he can have his way. Now, that is dangerous. Indians being stupid and hero worshippers, they will have created a hitler -

Can anyone name any other BJP politician in Gujarat - now that is Indira style. Not good.

What are the chances of the Advani group breaking away from the BJP to form their own party?

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:01 am

Rashmun wrote:
What are the chances of the Advani group breaking away from the BJP to form their own party?

actually advani side has a few well known names but Modi is the bets known. Modi knows he will lose if he splits now, and have no partners. Both sides will lose and Prince rahul will win. Modi will give in and some kind of compromise will emerge to postpone PM decision to post-election. Modi AND advani will end up with some joint responsibility for 2014 elections ( at least name sake)

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:36 am

Modi doesn't need to do anything. Yamadharmaraj will take care of Advani.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:22 am

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:

Modi doesn't need to do anything. Yamadharmaraj will take care of Advani.

I am convinced that this Modi is bound to create some major change. Becomes a PM, break BJP, become a lone crusader, a lone dictator...

well on his way to become a major personality in Indian history.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:11 am

In his latest blog Advani seems to indirectly compare himself to Bhisma Pitamah on a bed of arrows:
http://blog.lkadvani.in/2013/06

Advani was the person who had built up the BJP from the 2 Lok Sabha seats it got in the 1984 elections to where it is now. He had also saved Narendra Modi when Vajpayee wanted to sack him after the 2002 Gujarat riots.

I also think Advani in his latest blog is suggesting that the BJP is now a party of Kauravas who will be vanquished by the Pandavas.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:17 am

Rashmun wrote:In his latest blog Advani seems to indirectly compare himself to Bhisma Pitamah on a bed of arrows:
http://blog.lkadvani.in/2013/06

Advani was the person who had built up the BJP from the 2 Lok Sabha seats it got in the 1984 elections to where it is now. He had also saved Narendra Modi when Vajpayee wanted to sack him after the 2002 Gujarat riots.

I also think Advani in his latest blog is suggesting that the BJP is now a party of Kauravas who will be vanquished by the Pandavas.

It is also very peculiar that in his latest blog Advani does not say anything about Modi but prefers to talk of Mahabharata.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:52 am

Advani's complete blog is accessible through this link:
http://blog.lkadvani.in/blog-in-english/vishwaroop-a-wonderful-film

It is full of metaphors and ironies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:09 am

Modi does not have kids.

He does not even have any mistress AFAIK.

He was married when he was young. He left his wife. She is somewhere in a village in Gujarat living alone.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:14 am

Btw all this conjectures about Modi becoming another Hitler is nonsense.

We really do not know what he will do when gets there. If he gets there!

India under Indira's rule was in a different era.

The most important question is this: Can the BJP win at least 200 seats so it can cobble together a viable coalition?

I do not think it can.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:08 pm

Rishi wrote:
Modi does not have kids.

He does not even have any mistress AFAIK.

He was married when he was young. He left his wife. She is somewhere in a village in Gujarat living alone.

There was some allegations about some wife...not sure about it. I am sure you might have some mistress - but he must be very efficient in keeping it all secret.

He cannot become hitler - not likely in India. To become hitler, you need a messianic following. Under indian caste and regional equations, this is impossible. But, he sure can be an Indira. He is sure to be a much stronger/hardline/decisive PM - if elected.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:23 am

Advani is not a Sakuni mama like Diggy bhow bhow. He will not hurt BJP. Did he hurt BJP when Vajpayee was chosen as the PM? Kaurava-type behavior is more common among CONartists. Look back and see how Bose, Sanjeeva Reddy, PVN and Sitaram Kesri, etc., were treated by CONwallahs. See how MT is treating Jagan after YSR essentially brought CONs to power in 2009.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:52 am

Personally, I think Modi is a more inflated balloon than Pawar ever was and I have reason to believe he is peaking too early in the game — and one has to look to Nagpur for the reason.
Much as people are dismissing Advani as an old fool who cannot let go of his ambition to become Prime Minister, I actually think of him as an old fox who might still, well, outfox Modi closer to the elections than most Modi supporters tend to believe.

http://blogs.hindustantimes.com/singly-political/2013/06/07/popping-the-inflated-balloon/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down