Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cricket: India vs Aus

3 posters

Go down

Cricket: India vs Aus Empty Cricket: India vs Aus

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:53 am

As far as test cricket is concerned both Australia and India are in rebuilding mode. Australia for a longer period than India, wondering who would bounce back sooner. At this time, it appears that India may have an edge (of course bowling dept. has always been our achilles heel). Remember the conversations we used to have on the old board (and the media going gaga) as to how sound & visionary Australian cricket system is, their system is laid out in such a way that it would manufacture super talented cricketers after cricketers without having to go through a dip but for some reason that didn't see to pan out. What do guys think

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Cricket: India vs Aus Empty Re: Cricket: India vs Aus

Post by truthbetold Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:52 pm

I cannot speak for others. I said before Australian tour that India has a chance of a life time because Sissie's were rebuilding. Aussies defended their turf with well executed bowling plan and Indian batting did not put up a fight.

India has been doing better in India but has not proved itself in tests against a quality team. Ex: England series. India needs to prove in sa, England, and Australia that they cam compete with fresh talent. Bowling will continue to be a long term problem.

Australian system is producing good fast howlers and fielders. Batting is struggling like 1980s.

Aussie's took their time to bring in new batting talent. That approach worked when they have ponting, heyden and. Hussey to cover the newbies. It is creating a huge problem when they are led by weak back Clark and out of form Watson.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:33 pm

truthbetold wrote:I cannot speak for others. I said before Australian tour that India has a chance of a life time because Sissie's were rebuilding.  Aussies defended their turf with well executed bowling plan and Indian batting did not put up a fight.

India has been doing better in India but has not proved itself in tests against a quality team. Ex: England series. India needs to prove in sa, England,  and Australia that they cam compete with fresh talent. Bowling will continue to be a long term problem.

Australian system is producing good fast howlers and fielders. Batting is struggling like 1980s.

Aussie's took their time to bring in new batting talent. That approach worked when they have ponting,  heyden and. Hussey to cover the newbies. It is creating a huge problem when they are led by weak back Clark and out of form Watson.

Right, at that time we weren't in rebuilding mode. Big 3 was still playing and they let us down in both ENG & AUS, probably lowest point of their careers.

My point is no system is above individual talent, all that talk about Australian cricket system, Bob Simpson & Alan Border's geniuses didn't help them stay on the top. They were extremely lucky to have (> 3) once in a life time players play together for an extended period. Just like these IIT coaching centers :)all these academys do is sharpen the diamond cant' manufacture one themselves.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:15 pm

Cd,
the system cannot create diamonds. The purpose of the system is to recognize a diamond, sharpen it so that it is better than diamonds from other systems. No system can produce winners all the time. Look at 30 to 40 year history and aussies did not do badly.

Similarly ap coaching schools have grabbed unusually large share of jee rankers to prove their worth.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:07 pm

truthbetold wrote:Cd,
the system cannot create diamonds. The purpose of the system is to recognize a diamond, sharpen it so that it is better than diamonds from other systems. No system can produce winners all the time. Look at 30 to 40 year history and aussies did not do badly.

Similarly ap coaching schools have grabbed unusually large share of jee rankers to prove their worth.

Yup and I hope Australian media is eating crow.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:24 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:

the colored Indian team must beat the crap out of the Aussies in their own backyard CONVINCINGLY in successive tours to shut the Aussie media once and for all.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:13 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

the colored Indian team must beat the crap out of the Aussies in their own backyard CONVINCINGLY in successive tours to shut the Aussie media once and for all.

Agreed.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down