Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uttar Pradesh CM with Tamil Nadu CM

+3
southindian
Impedimenta
MaxEntropy_Man
7 posters

Go down

Uttar Pradesh CM with Tamil Nadu CM Empty Uttar Pradesh CM with Tamil Nadu CM

Post by Guest Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:30 am

Uttar Pradesh CM with Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa-with-Akhilesh-Yadav

Can someone tell me why he is bowing before her?

Back to top Go down

Uttar Pradesh CM with Tamil Nadu CM Empty Re: Uttar Pradesh CM with Tamil Nadu CM

Post by Guest Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:31 am

Uttar Pradesh CM with Tamil Nadu CM Akhilesh%20and%20Jayalalitha

That's more like it.

Back to top Go down

Uttar Pradesh CM with Tamil Nadu CM Empty Re: Uttar Pradesh CM with Tamil Nadu CM

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:37 am

Rashmun wrote:Uttar Pradesh CM with Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa-with-Akhilesh-Yadav

he isn't bowing voluntarily. it's newton's law of universal gravitation at work.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:42 am

Rashmun wrote:Uttar Pradesh CM with Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa-with-Akhilesh-Yadav

well, she is an iyengar and you know where iyengar women stand, esp with north indian men. maybe he likes likes likes her...

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:49 am

She is bowing down too. Rather, she is trying to bow down. But am guessing with the abdominal fat and the bullet proof jacket, she can only bend down as much.

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:55 am

True! She still looks hot... or is it all that makeup and hair-color.

She must be really hot under the sari, bullet-proof vest and 2 layers of unmentionables.

She's saying Vanakkam and he says, You wanna come too? I just came.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:55 pm

southindian wrote:True! She still looks hot... or is it all that makeup and hair-color.

She must be really hot under the sari, bullet-proof vest and 2 layers of unmentionables.

err? you should maybe like like now, think about perhaps acquiring a new moniker.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:20 pm

He is afraid that if he doesn't bow, she will sit on him.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:44 pm

I believe that is the kind of cloying, fake bowing that puts off certain class of Tamils.

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:52 pm

It's simply a matter of habit. Like saying thank you and excuse me is in the western world (the other thread by GC). I bow down instinctively to all adults. And I bow down more prominently if I am not touching their feet when I should be.

Edit: Some people, specially men, I have observed continue to bow down with hands clasped together. That's something I have never done. I would rather do a little bow action at every greeting or moment, and I spring up right back. Like when my ex-mil gifted me earrings, I bent a bit forward receiving it. Ideally I should have touched her feet, but I didn't. I did only when saying hi and bye.

Last edited by Vidya Bagchi on Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:56 pm

I wonder then, why the Northies make so much fun out of party cadres prostrating themselves before amma?

>>And I bow down more prominently if I am not touching their feet when I should be.

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:58 pm

Edited my post above. I meant bending a little. Touching feet is the next step in respect. Prostrating is the ultimate one.

Also, my own habits are so, since I grew up with almost all close rajasthani friends. This is big among them. My own siblings/parents don't do it as much as I do. The touching feet began under my XH's family culture. Maharashtrians do it a lot, I think.

One of XH's uncles is Tamil. He and his kids, when doing pooja, they do full flat on the floor namaskar. XH and his family go down on their knees and touch their forehead on the floor when saluting th Gods. They were already laughed at by XH's uncle and family. Then I came along. I touch the floor with my right hand, and then I touch that hand on my forehead and heart 2-3 times. They knew all along I am the lazy one, even when praying, lol.

Last edited by Vidya Bagchi on Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:05 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:02 pm

Muezzin-Bar'chu wrote:I wonder then, why the Northies make so much fun out of party cadres prostrating themselves before amma?

>>And I bow down more prominently if I am not touching their feet when I should be.

i was going to say you are on thin ice, but you said it yourself. there is nobody to beat the kazhagam faithfuls when it comes to unctuousness towards party leaders and politically active cinema people.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:05 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote: Ideally I should have touched her feet, but I didn't. I did only when saying hi and bye.

Wow! nice. fil?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:07 pm

Muezzin-Bar'chu wrote:I wonder then, why the Northies make so much fun out of party cadres prostrating themselves before amma?

Touching the feet of elders in the family in one thing, touching the feet of political leaders and cinema actors is another.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:07 pm

nenu wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote: Ideally I should have touched her feet, but I didn't. I did only when saying hi and bye.

Wow! nice. fil?

ya, him too. Saying hi was awkward, as I had to cross and move many chairs to walk up to him. He indicated he doesn't need to be greeted, I touched his feet anyway, and he mumbled something. For bye, he came up to me and said bye with a little more friendly gesture. Noticed how badly his feet are swollen these days, hope he is taking proper treatment. Anyhoos, took me 2 days to thaw from his overall coldness.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:10 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
nenu wrote:

Wow! nice. fil?

ya, him too. Saying hi was awkward, as I had to cross and move many chairs to walk up to him. He indicated he doesn't need to be greeted, I touched his feet anyway, and he mumbled something. For bye, he came up to me and said bye with a little more friendly gesture. Noticed how badly his feet are swollen these days, hope he is taking proper treatment. Anyhoos, took me 2 days to thaw from his overall coldness.

sigh!

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:10 pm

Is the y-axis superior to the x-axis?

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:13 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

i was going to say you are on thin ice, but you said it yourself. there is nobody to beat the kazhagam faithfuls when it comes to unctuousness towards party leaders and politically active cinema people.

This is a general problem all over South India except perhaps in Kerala, when it comes to movie actors.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:32 pm

Impedimenta wrote:
southindian wrote:True! She still looks hot... or is it all that makeup and hair-color.

err? you should maybe like like now, think about perhaps acquiring a new moniker.
Why?
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:47 pm

This post by Rashmun is a classic example of much ado about nothing.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:53 pm

goodcitizn wrote:This post by Rashmun is a classic example of much ado about nothing.

Are you calling Mommy!!! Amma a lot of nothing?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:20 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:This post by Rashmun is a classic example of much ado about nothing.

Are you calling Mommy!!! Amma a lot of nothing?

Interpreting the pictures on the other thread was more fun than reading into this photo of two politicians.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:06 am

After all, Jaya is a super genius when it comes to dodging corruption cases, and Akilesh can use her expertise to protect his father and his family.

He will actually prostrate in the case of MK.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down