Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Empty nest

+7
indophile
iTEDx
Captain Bhankas
Propagandhi711
Jebediah Mburuburu
confuzzled dude
Impedimenta
11 posters

Go down

Empty nest Empty Empty nest

Post by Guest Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:36 am

It's great to kick both the boys out of our home. It's awesome to be free, finally, after 21 yrs of mothering. Life is good! Smile

Back to top Go down

Empty nest Empty Re: Empty nest

Post by Impedimenta Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:37 am

i am making ven pongal and sambar for breakfast today. should i just ditch the effort and come to your house instead? :-)

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:42 am

Impedimenta wrote:i am making ven pongal and sambar for breakfast today. should i just ditch the effort and come to your house instead? :-)

Making bf @ 11?

Well, my cooking has reduced drastically. And i don't have to worry about what to feed the kiddo. That's a huge relief.
I was just telling hubby how we should go on only fruits for dinner. Since you are also on a similar diet for the most part, you are most welcome to come home. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:43 am

for how long?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:49 am

nenu wrote:
Impedimenta wrote:i am making ven pongal and sambar for breakfast today. should i just ditch the effort and come to your house instead? :-)

Making bf @ 11?

Well, my cooking has reduced drastically. And i don't have to worry about what to feed the kiddo. That's a huge relief.
I was just telling hubby how we should go on only fruits for dinner. Since you are also on a similar diet for the most part, you are most welcome to come home. Smile

McDonalds serves till 11am, right Smile

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:52 am

confuzzled dude wrote:for how long?

Forever, maybe. Both of them have/will continue to have their own dwelling/dorm/apt/home elsewhere. They're/will be occasional visitors to this home.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:55 am

nenu wrote:It's great to kick both the boys out of our home. It's awesome to be free, finally, after 21 yrs of mothering. Life is good! Smile
hahahahaahahahaaahahhahahaahahahahahahaahahahahahaahahahahah! lucky you!!! i reckon i'll be there by 2015 august.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:11 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
nenu wrote:It's great to kick both the boys out of our home. It's awesome to be free, finally, after 21 yrs of mothering. Life is good! Smile
hahahahaahahahaaahahhahahaahahahahahahaahahahahahaahahahahah! lucky you!!! i reckon i'll be there by 2015 august.

Bring Ganpat along if you want to visit me Razz.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:14 am

nenu wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:

hahahahahahahahaahahahahaahahaahahah! chalo we 3 will hang out with you 2 in the winter of 2015. :)let the 4 brats fly and be happy, away from the nest. it was just the other day when you had an id in sulekha called new-mom or busy-mom or something. and look at today.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:23 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
nenu wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:

hahahahahahahahaahahahahaahahaahahah! chalo we 3 will hang out with you 2 in the winter of 2015. :)let the 4 brats fly and be happy, away from the nest. it was just the other day when you had an id in sulekha called new-mom or busy-mom or something. and look at today.

Ya i know! The boys were 4-5 and 7-8 when i first started coming to sulekha. My first id was 'A Mom' and I started off posting about the darndest things that they used to say. They literally grew up on sulekha. Look at them now! Both are adults. Time flies so fast!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:44 am

nenu wrote:Ya i know! The boys were 4-5 and 7-8 when i first started coming to sulekha. My first id was 'A Mom' and I started off posting about the darndest things that they used to say. They literally grew up on sulekha. Look at them now! Both are adults. Time flies so fast!

LOL. my boys too -- adults now. just the other day i was carrying one in my arms and holding the hand of the other. i'll share some recent funny pics. of them next time we meet in chat.

edit. love the title of your thread. *jealous*

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:55 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
nenu wrote:Ya i know! The boys were 4-5 and 7-8 when i first started coming to sulekha. My first id was 'A Mom' and I started off posting about the darndest things that they used to say. They literally grew up on sulekha. Look at them now! Both are adults. Time flies so fast!

LOL. my boys too -- adults now. just the other day i was carrying one in my arms and holding the hand of the other. i'll share some recent funny pics. of them next time we meet in chat.

lol! Smile. Ya, some of my friends' kids are still in middle school (a couple of them madonna moms have kids in elementary too). My husband's is even worse/better. He is the first among his friends to be an empty nester.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:59 am

nenu wrote:My husband's is even worse/better. He is the first among his friends to be an empty nester.
ha ha!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jebediah Mburuburu Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:11 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
nenu wrote:My husband's is even worse/better. He is the first among his friends to be an empty nester.
ha ha!  
"ha ha!" scratch

Jebediah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:14 pm

Jebediah Mburuburu wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
ha ha!  
"ha ha!" scratch

good morning jeb..have you masturbated today to mental movies of hk washing himself shirtless under a waterfall yet?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Jebediah Mburuburu Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:14 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
scratch

Jebediah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:21 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
scratch

Empty nest Nizoral-Anti-Dandruff-Shampoo-1085
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by iTEDx Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:25 am

Odd that you would say that as an Indian parent :-)

iTEDx

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:35 am

FAT CHANCE! They will need your "loving" indulgence and "help" through out their lives. Ever see any episodes of "Everybody Loves Raymond?"

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:14 am

indophile wrote:

FAT CHANCE! They will need your "loving" indulgence and "help" through out their lives. Ever see any episodes of "Everybody Loves Raymond?"

I hope not! Smile. I've done enough for them. Now I want them to be on their own and let me live my own. Of course, they'll have our (husband and I) loving support and guidance, if they want, their entire lives.

PS: I love 'Everybody loves Raymond" shows. No, i don't want to be another Marie, Raymond's mom Smile.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:22 am

iTEDx wrote:

Odd that you would say that as an Indian parent :-)

I am tired of mothering, actually. I am happy to be free. No, I don't sound like an indian mother or any mother for that matter. That's ok Smile.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:28 am

great...now you can sit in the Loo with ur iPad n SuCH and ur hubby in front of TV.

Welcome to the beginning of old age....Razz

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:55 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

great...now you can sit in the Loo with ur iPad n SuCH and ur hubby in front of TV.

Welcome to the beginning of old age....Razz

LOL! That has nothing to do with old age and empty nest. It's been going on for way over a decade Smile.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 11, 2015 11:12 am

Guest wrote:

"jealousy" removed! in a couple of months we too will be empty nests! snoopy, too, in all likelihood, will leave us. Sad yet, i am happy. Smile glad to join your club (the moment was long awaited as i have chronicled in such before - i think).

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Mon May 11, 2015 11:32 am

brie wrote:
Guest wrote:

"jealousy" removed! in a couple of months we too will be empty nests! snoopy, too, in all likelihood, will leave us. Sad yet, i am happy. Smile glad to join your club (the moment was long awaited as i have chronicled in such before - i think).

you will not be an empty nest. it's your home that will be an empty nest; you will be an empty-nester.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 11, 2015 11:52 am

swapna wrote:
brie wrote:
Guest wrote:

you will not be an empty nest. it's your home that will be an empty nest; you will be an empty-nester.

you are wrong on two counts:

- "we" includes our "home" because there is a personification of "home" in "we;"

-  you should get used to metaphors. back to class 101 english old man. 

your turn...

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Mon May 11, 2015 12:24 pm

brie wrote:
swapna wrote:
brie wrote:
Guest wrote:

- "we" includes our "home"

** it doesn't, for "we" includes only human beings, or at most, living creatures, not inanimate objects like houses or homes;

because there is a personification of "home" in "we;"

** there wasn't any; which word or words before the "we" indicated personification?

-  you should get used to metaphors.

** there was no metaphor. 

back to class 101 english old man. 

** hahaha @"class 101 english"! try "english 101."

your turn...

see ** above for my response.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 11, 2015 12:33 pm

swapna wrote:
brie wrote:
swapna wrote:
brie wrote:
Guest wrote:

- "we" includes our "home"

** it doesn't, for "we" includes only human beings, or at most, living creatures, not inanimate objects like houses or homes;

because there is a personification of "home" in "we;"

** there wasn't any; which word or words before the "we" indicated personification?

%% ha ha ha! are you looking for an annotated text or that you do not understand personification? which english dictionary dictates that the personification should first be indicated in the text and then used?

-  you should get used to metaphors.

** there was no metaphor. 

back to class 101 english old man. 

** hahaha @"class 101 english"! try "english 101."

your turn...

see ** above for my response.

see %% above. i've bolded %% considering your senior citizen status -- should be easier now. 

your turn...

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Mon May 11, 2015 12:55 pm

brie wrote:
swapna wrote:
brie wrote:
Guest wrote:

- "we" includes our "home" because there is a personification of "home" in "we;"

your turn...

hahaha x 17,368 @"class 101 english"! 

some friendly advice: don't use english slang unless you're a native speaker of english or you're sensitive to spoken english, for otherwise, your english will sound artificial and contrived. it's best to just use straightforward english, as correctly as you can.

an example: mahalakshmi (kinnamma?) above says "time flies so fast," but it's unnecessary and redundant to say "fast" in addition to "flies."

btw, didn't you take a few courses at columbia university in the 80s? I know that that columbia did not award you a degree, but didn't the university insist on your taking english 101 or at least esl?

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 12, 2015 1:28 am

swapna wrote:
brie wrote:
swapna wrote:
brie wrote:
Guest wrote:

your turn...

some friendly advice: don't use english slang unless you're a native speaker of english or you're sensitive to spoken english, for otherwise, your english will sound artificial and contrived. it's best to just use straightforward english, as correctly as you can.

an example: mahalakshmi (kinnamma?) above says "time flies so fast," but it's unnecessary and redundant to say "fast" in addition to "flies."

btw, didn't you take a few courses at columbia university in the 80s? I know that that columbia did not award you a degree, but didn't the university insist on your taking english 101 or at least esl?

paging veeu

you forgot to add "college drop-out" as one of the qualities alpha-northindians like me possess.

swapna: don't make insinuations hoping they will stick. if you want proof that i was certified for a degree in philosophy and c.s., just ask. better still, write to columbia univ. "dropping-out" is copyrighted by your utterly useless son.

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Tue May 12, 2015 1:49 am

brie wrote:
swapna wrote:
brie wrote:
swapna wrote:
brie wrote:

your turn...

paging veeu

you forgot to add "college drop-out" as one of the qualities alpha-northindians like me possess.

swapna: don't make insinuations hoping they will stick. if you want proof that i was certified for a degree in philosophy and c.s., just ask. better still, write to columbia univ. "dropping-out" is copyrighted by your utterly useless son.

"certified for a degree"' (what on earth is that?) is not the same as "awarded a degree." you never received any degree from any university!

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 12, 2015 1:55 am

swapna wrote:
brie wrote:
swapna wrote:
brie wrote:
swapna wrote:

your turn...

paging veeu

"certified for a degree"' (what on earth is that?) is not the same as "awarded a degree." you never received any degree from any university!

this is what "certified for a degree" is. english 101 i say! chiii

Empty nest 2014-010

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:14 pm

dhool  cheers

rest of life is bonus. god take me away.

thank you ssri, thank you god, thank you wife, thank you friends and thank you well wishers!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:54 pm

brie wrote:dhool  cheers

thank you ssri, thank you god, thank you wife, thank you friends and thank you well wishers!
Hey hk! I'm happy to see you happy Smile. Yup! Life is so beautiful. Gotta be thankful for everything and for every moment Smile. I'm having a time of my life and this place ain't worth any of my precious time. so, staying away from it. Smile. You take care.

PS: Hi to kris, upps, maria and pn Smile.

Back to top Go down

Post by garam-kuta Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:05 pm

Kinnera wrote:

I'm having a time of my life and this place ain't worth any of my precious time. so, staying away from it. Smile..

Yes,yes,yes. We all believe you. For real. Really. Lollllllll.

garam-kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:21 pm

back to the matter of your degree from columbia university. the university never awarded you a degree.

an inter-office memorandum from a karen blank that starts with "I need your help" - hahaha! - is NOT a degree certificate.

here's a link to a photo of a degree certificate from columbia university:

https://gs.columbia.edu/files/gs/diploma.jpg

it is awarded to the student by the trustees of the university, and signed by the president of the university. show me your degree certificate.

have you settled your debt to columbia? has it not been outstanding since at least 1993? is the university's office of finance aware that you're capable of paying it back? for after all, you're wealthy enough to have installed a sink in your verandah, and own a personal lotah!

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:09 am

swapna wrote:

back to the matter of your degree from columbia university. the university never awarded you a degree.

an inter-office memorandum from a karen blank that starts with "I need your help" - hahaha! - is NOT a degree certificate.

it is awarded to the student by the trustees of the university, and signed by the president of the university. show me your degree certificate.

have you settled your debt to columbia? has it not been outstanding since at least 1993? is the university's office of finance aware that you're capable of paying it back? for after all, you're wealthy enough to have installed a sink in your verandah, and own a personal lotah!

Forget the degree stuff..

He just gave his name with the social security number. It may not be of much use for scamsters as he is in India, or perhaps, it is.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:06 am

swapna wrote:

where have i stated i was "awarded" a degree OR hold a degree? i have always maintained, through several years in CH, that i never got a degree.

i am not interested in settling the debt. they are very rich and i do not need the acrap of paper called degree. that scrap of paper is important only to cretins like you for your self-esteem collapses in its absence. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:09 am

Kinnera wrote:

Hey hk! I'm happy to see you happy Smile. Yup! Life is so beautiful. Gotta be thankful for everything and for every moment Smile. I'm having a time of my life and this place ain't worth any of my precious time. so, staying away from it. Smile. You take care.

thank you! yes, i agree this place is not worth it and you are doing the right thing by staying away from all the negativity. enjoy!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:29 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
swapna wrote:

Forget the degree stuff..

He just gave his name with the social security number. It may not be of much use for scamsters as he is in India, or perhaps, it is.
that is NOT my ssn for i was never employed in the usa (except for a short period when i took up a summer job as a programmer in down-town manhattan -- even then i did not have a ssn but the deductions were made from my salary). that is a pseudo ssn generated by the college.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:48 am

Kinnera wrote:

>>>Hi Kinn. What happened to you and TW? Glad to hear life is beautiful. Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:31 am

Captain Bhankas wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
scratch

Empty nest Nizoral-Anti-Dandruff-Shampoo-1085

this is still the funniest response I've seen on this site. BL is the man

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:32 am

congrats hoojie! where is younger headed...

love you kris.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:08 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:congrats hoojie! where is younger headed...

love you kris.
so nice to see you tw! you made my day! Smile younger is headed to the same college as older -- rv college of engineering. he got good scores but did not attend mit and srm counselling 'cos he was determined to attend rv (they have a famous automotive club, ashwa, and he is into it). he left for mumbai yesterday to vacation with my cousin and will report in rv on 31st july.

i don't know if you will reply but i trust your kids are doing well and I LOVE YOU. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down