Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Diggy Raja slams Narendra Modi for describing himself as "Hindu Nationalist"

2 posters

Go down

Diggy Raja slams Narendra Modi for describing himself as "Hindu Nationalist" Empty Diggy Raja slams Narendra Modi for describing himself as "Hindu Nationalist"

Post by Guest Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:20 am

Congress leader Digvijaya Singh today slammed Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi's remarks describing himself as a 'Hindu nationalist' in an interview to Reuters, and asked him not to "divide the nation" on the basis of religion.

A day after Mr Modi's remarks sparked a political furore, Mr Singh said on Twitter, "Shouldn't we all be Nationalist Indians rather than Hindu Nationalist or Muslim Nationalist or Sikh Nationalist or Christian Nationalist ?"

In another tweet, he also took a jibe at Sangh Parivar saying, "Don't divide this Great Nation on basis of religion which Savarkar and Jinnah did. They were the original authors of Two Nation theory."

Hitting out at fundamentalism in all forms, he praised Pakistani teen activist Malala Yousafzai's speech at the United Nations, who was shot by Taliban last year.

"What a powerful condemnation of Taliban and all forms Fundamentalism. She has now become an Icon for World Literacy. Congratulations to her and let us resolve to fight for all that she stands for! May God give her a long life and the strength she deserves," the Congress general secretary said.

The tweets by Mr Singh, a known detractor of the controversial Gujarat Chief Minister, came a day after Mr Modi's attempts to defend himself against allegations of inaction during the 2002 riots in Gujarat.

"Even If I am in the back seat of a car and a puppy (kutte ka bachcha) comes under the wheels, isn't it painful? It is. Whether I am a chief minister or not, I am a human being. I will be sad if something bad happens anywhere," Mr Modi was quoted as saying in an interview aired yesterday. (Read: Modi's full interview here)

The Gujarat chief minister said he had done "absolutely the right thing" during the 2002 riots and that his government had used its "full strength" to set things in order.

"I am nationalist. I'm patriotic.  Nothing is wrong. I am born Hindu.  Nothing is wrong. So I'm a Hindu nationalist. So yes, you can say I'm a Hindu nationalist because I'm a born Hindu," he had said.

http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/don-t-divide-this-great-nation-digvijaya-singh-tells-narendra-modi-391661?pfrom=home-otherstories

Back to top Go down

Diggy Raja slams Narendra Modi for describing himself as "Hindu Nationalist" Empty Re: Diggy Raja slams Narendra Modi for describing himself as "Hindu Nationalist"

Post by Guest Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:21 am

Agree completely with Diggy. Political leaders calling themselves 'hindu nationalist' or 'muslim nationalist' or 'sikh nationalist' is in my opinion anti-national since it serves to undermine the unity and integrity of India.

Back to top Go down

Diggy Raja slams Narendra Modi for describing himself as "Hindu Nationalist" Empty Re: Diggy Raja slams Narendra Modi for describing himself as "Hindu Nationalist"

Post by ashdoc Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:01 am

hindu nationalists are necessary because muslims tore apart the nation amidst brutal massacres and created pakistan which is the eternal enemy of all indians .

muslims cant be trusted .

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:04 am

ashdoc wrote:hindu nationalists are necessary because muslims tore apart the nation amidst brutal massacres and created pakistan which is the eternal enemy of all indians .

nationalism has to be kept separate from religion otherwise u will continue to have people (from different religions) like this guy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jarnail_Singh_Bhindranwale

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:24 am

Rashmun wrote:
ashdoc wrote:hindu nationalists are necessary because muslims tore apart the nation amidst brutal massacres and created pakistan which is the eternal enemy of all indians .

nationalism has to be kept separate from religion otherwise u will continue to have people (from different religions) like this guy:

if sikh and muslim nationalists are there then there is all the more need for hindu nationalists .

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:26 am

ashdoc wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

if sikh and muslim nationalists are there then there is all the more need for hindu nationalists .

the possibility of sikh and muslim nationalists coming into existence will be reduced or eliminated if you keep nationalism separate from religion.

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:30 am

Rashmun wrote:
ashdoc wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

the possibility of sikh and muslim nationalists coming into existence will be reduced or eliminated if you keep nationalism separate from religion.

we tried that for a long time---failed....

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:26 am

Rashmun wrote:
ashdoc wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

What...trying and applying your goalpost concept ?

Tell that to your CONcrass about caste and religion. What hindus do is a reaction. Just look at Begagrdesh, PakiSaitan, etc... besides the ONLY religious parties are Akali Dal, Christian parties in Keral, RPI, Muslim Leagues (diff varieties).

BJP is only a hindu party only in the eyes of CONcrass and the Cronies. Dont quite Modi's statement. Show me the OFFICIAL document with the ECI about BJP being a hindu party. CONcrass is more an Italian party than BJP a hindu party.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:42 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
ashdoc wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

Tell that to your CONcrass about caste and religion. What hindus do is a reaction. Just look at Begagrdesh, PakiSaitan, etc... besides the ONLY religious parties are Akali Dal, Christian parties in Keral, RPI, Muslim Leagues (diff varieties).

BJP is only a hindu party only in the eyes of CONcrass and the Cronies.  Dont quite Modi's statement. Show me the OFFICIAL document with the ECI about BJP being a hindu party. CONcrass is more an Italian party than BJP a hindu party.

The objection is not to the BJP but to Narendra Modi. For instance, Diggy has said that he would be delighted if Sushma Swaraj is declared the PM candidate since she is considered to be a more liberal person who does not carry RSS baggage (she was never a member of the RSS to the best of my knowledge).

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:11 am

Rashmun wrote:

BJP is only a hindu party only in the eyes of CONcrass and the Cronies.  Dont quite Modi's statement. Show me the OFFICIAL document with the ECI about BJP being a hindu party. CONcrass is more an Italian party than BJP a hindu party.

The objection is not to the BJP but to Narendra Modi. For instance, Diggy has said that he would be delighted if Sushma Swaraj is declared the PM candidate since she is considered to be a more liberal person who does not carry RSS baggage (she was never a member of the RSS to the best of my knowledge).  

Ohhh...Diggy is saying... Then it must be credible, honest, and holy - straight from the Vatican and Italian mafia.

I think the BJP should listen. They cannot afford to antagonize both the Dawood gang and the Italian Mafiaso.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:20 am

Rashmun wrote:

Ohhh...Diggy is saying... Then it must be credible, honest, and holy - straight from the Vatican and Italian mafia.  

I think the BJP should listen. They cannot afford to antagonize both the Dawood gang and the Italian Mafiaso.

is it your contention that Sushma Swaraj was an RSS member? If no, then you should accept what Diggy is saying.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down