Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

$450 million Fraud: desi husband and wife team flee to India leaving 200 employees in the lurch

+2
charvaka
sambarvada
6 posters

Go down

$450 million Fraud: desi husband and wife team flee to India leaving 200 employees in the lurch Empty $450 million Fraud: desi husband and wife team flee to India leaving 200 employees in the lurch

Post by sambarvada Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:54 pm

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2011/06/21/2011-06-21_hubby_wife_flee_before_mess_hits_fan.html

sambarvada

Back to top Go down

$450 million Fraud: desi husband and wife team flee to India leaving 200 employees in the lurch Empty Re: $450 million Fraud: desi husband and wife team flee to India leaving 200 employees in the lurch

Post by sambarvada Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:20 pm

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/06/01/company-involved-in-payroll-project-shuts-down/

==> How do these desis sleep at night?

sambarvada

Back to top Go down

$450 million Fraud: desi husband and wife team flee to India leaving 200 employees in the lurch Empty Re: $450 million Fraud: desi husband and wife team flee to India leaving 200 employees in the lurch

Post by sambarvada Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:27 pm

===> The thief Padma Allen is a medical doctor

http://www.northjersey.com/news/99188069_Former_doctor_specializes_in_office_emergencies.html

sambarvada

Back to top Go down

Post by sambarvada Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:29 pm

http://www.freshnews.com/news/345518/technodyne-president-and-cfo-padma-allen-named-ernst-young-entrepreneur-year%C2%AE-2010-award

===> So much for these Shitty awards!

sambarvada

Back to top Go down

Post by sambarvada Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:32 pm

http://www.indusbusinessjournal.com/ME2/Audiences/dirmod.asp?sid=&nm=&type=Publishing&mod=Publications%3A%3AArticle&mid=8F3A7027421841978F18BE895F87F791&tier=4&id=DF2152A63ADF4B3D913CE814D9B030B7&AudID=5F8409F8848E44F1A3A0B5072D3F214D

===> Padma Allen's executive profile

sambarvada

Back to top Go down

Post by sambarvada Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:35 pm

"Reddy holds an MBA from Columbia University, an MS in Computer Science from New York Institute of Technology and an Engineering degree in Electronics from Nagarjuna University, India. Reddy also completed an Advanced Management Executive Program from North Western University's Kellogg School of Management "

http://philly.citybizlist.com/2/2010/4/26/Reddy-Allen-CEO-of-TechnoDyne-Accepted-into-the-Young-Presidents%E2%80%99-Organization.aspx

sambarvada

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:29 pm

There's an issue with names in this story that doesn't quite compute. What's the background to the guy's name? Is Reddy his first name? And how did his last name become Allen? Would you please do some research into this and update us? Thanks.

BTW, the original article uses terms which aren't quite journalistic. There may be a race angle you can pull on the writer there.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by sambarvada Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:39 pm

charvaka wrote:There's an issue with names in this story that doesn't quite compute. What's the background to the guy's name? Is Reddy his first name? And how did his last name become Allen? Would you please do some research into this and update us? Thanks.

BTW, the original article uses terms which aren't quite journalistic. There may be a race angle you can pull on the writer there.

====> I am working on that. May be when I get home after work.

Unfortunately, I am not allowed to devote the entire 8 hours at my workplace for this noble cause.

My employer is evil. They want me to do some work.

sambarvada

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:52 pm

lol!
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Mosquito Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:03 pm

My sis used to work for that company she was let go a year ago. They are douche bags. Never treat their people well.
Mosquito
Mosquito

Back to top Go down

Post by sambarvada Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:12 pm

http://www.justice.gov/usao/nys/pressreleases/June11/citytimes2indictmentpr.pdf

===> Press release by the United States Attorney in NY, Preet Bharara who is an ABCD and a traitor. He wants to put the Reddys in jail.

sambarvada

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:19 pm

sambarvada wrote:http://www.justice.gov/usao/nys/pressreleases/June11/citytimes2indictmentpr.pdf

===> Press release by the United States Attorney in NY, Preet Bharara who is an ABCD and a traitor. He wants to put the Reddys in jail.
I suspect he is an ABCD of the NI varietal. And the Reddys Allens are SIs. You should investigate the NI-SI angle on this one.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:33 pm

given a chance 9 out of 10 people would do this. i think if u r going to taint your conscience then u shud do it for millions of dollars and not by doing chindichori :p
any desi business and all desi companies steal money from govt and their employees (at their level). Allens' did too.

is it possible to bring them back to US by force like by taking help from Indian police or something? I know they can't do it with Mexican police but wat abt India? can they be brought back :-?

Back to top Go down

Post by sambarvada Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:47 pm

given a chance 9 out of 10 people would do this

===> I do not think so.

How many desis in America have gotten away with kind of mega-fraud ?

The Reddys were stupid enough to think that they can get away with it.

In the west, a desi is always under the radar. They watch you closely.

Desis like Reddys become careless and final;ly end up getting causght.

sambarvada

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:51 pm

sambarvada wrote:given a chance 9 out of 10 people would do this

===> I do not think so.

How many desis in America have gotten away with kind of mega-fraud ?

The Reddys were stupid enough to think that they can get away with it.

In the west, a desi is always under the radar. They watch you closely.

Desis like Reddys become careless and final;ly end up getting causght.

yeah! it's like they got the money but will not be able to spend it. like in the movie Fida when fardeen khan and bebo steal 650 crores from a SI don. i'd like to see them get caught and tried in american court grr bringing bad name to our country!

Oh and i think so @ 9 out of 10...

maybe desis didnt do mega fraud like this one but they do chindichori. if they knew they can get away with million dollar scams and had the opportunity, they'll take it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adiazrosa Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:11 pm

I worked with the Padma and Reddy Allen eleven years ago, but I don't think their last name was Allen at the time
I cannot remember.

Adiazrosa

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:32 pm

Adiazrosa wrote:I worked with the Padma and Reddy Allen eleven years ago, but I don't think their last name was Allen at the time
I cannot remember.
Must be a shortened form for a long last name.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:51 pm

Even if it a penny and that is earned honestly it is more than equal to 500 million dollars.

Even if one earns millions while being dishonest it is all good for short term and though they have millions they would feel like a pauper.

I have a non desi friend (co worker), she sends almost all of her paycheck to her home country except for a $50?! Never been so proud to be her friend!

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:55 pm

Sasthi wrote:Even if it a penny and that is earned honestly it is more than equal to 500 million dollars.

Even if one earns millions while being dishonest it is all good for short term and though they have millions they would feel like a pauper.

I have a non desi friend (co worker), she sends almost all of her paycheck to her home country except for a $50?! Never been so proud to be her friend!

more than or equal to lol sasthi- no one is completely honest. If you have used your employer's time to post on CH then you are stealing from him. So at different levels everyone is dishonest and is cheating someone or other.
Don't tell me you never used your office printer to print a return label or something...

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:30 pm

seven wrote:
Sasthi wrote:Even if it a penny and that is earned honestly it is more than equal to 500 million dollars.

more than or equal to lol sasthi- no one is completely honest. If you have used your employer's time to post on CH then you are stealing from him. So at different levels everyone is dishonest and is cheating someone or other.
Don't tell me you never used your office printer to print a return label or something...

Sevenu...

Learn to compare Ammayi. I am doing my job and that is what counts....and they don't care if I am browsing or facebooking or twittering...we have an understanding and that is not dishonest. If I have an opportunity to build a firm I would try to develop it with honesty and even if I cheat I wouldn't leave traces....LOL

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:36 pm

Sasthi wrote:
seven wrote:

Sevenu...

Learn to compare Ammayi. I am doing my job and that is what counts....and they don't care if I am browsing or facebooking or twittering...we have an understanding and that is not dishonest. If I have an opportunity to build a firm I would try to develop it with honesty and even if I cheat I wouldn't leave traces....LOL

so u cheat and they understand and let u bcz it works for them. but it still is cheating. i was responding to ur msg 1 penny earned honestly more than etc.

and as for my OP, ur last line says it all. 9 out of 10 ppl will cheat if they had an opportunity and they thought they will not get caught.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:41 pm

But still they won't be happy with cheating...that's my point. See sweety I am concentrating on the happiness factor and you are focusing on the honesty factor...

At the end of the day you and me are more happy than allens. Get the drift...will ya?

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:45 pm

Sasthi wrote:But still they won't be happy with cheating...that's my point. See sweety I am concentrating on the happiness factor and you are focusing on the honesty factor...

At the end of the day you and me are more happy than allens. Get the drift...will ya?

how do know that? yea well i get the drift though... i am just hungry thats y prolly. later gator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:47 pm

she could've practiced med and he could've not quit his decent job...

Anyways, take care.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:20 pm

Sasthi wrote:she could've practiced med and he could've not quit his decent job...

Anyways, take care.

she cud ve practiced med or she cud ve made quick money by doing wat she did. she did wat she did. u and i are not to decide for her wat she shud've cud ve done. ya? peace.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:31 pm

Sorry no peace with you Razz

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:10 pm

If you have ever seen someone like a Like a Star @ heaven and also a queen then we have met and you have seen me! - Sasthi!

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down