Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Analyzing Huma

+3
Idéfix
Propagandhi711
Petrichor
7 posters

Go down

Analyzing Huma Empty Analyzing Huma

Post by Petrichor Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:09 pm

"Through sickness and death, scandal and slander....till headlines do us apart...."

1. It is gutsy that he chooses to continue to run - this is NY after all!
2. Huma brings south asian sensibilities in defending her man - at this point, his crimes are far less serious than her mentor's philandering husband.
3. I see no sensible or defensible public reason for him to drop out of the race than a collective nebulous sense of shame that he chose to be an exhibitionist.
4. Poor guy needs taxpayer-funded therapy just to deal with his last name and his compensating arrogance stemming from it.

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Analyzing Huma Empty Re: Analyzing Huma

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:17 pm

notice no shock or disgust from the liberals at this regressive woman that's sticking by the other liberal douchebag. if it were a conservative in this sitchy the derision from left quarters would be defeaning. 

"south asian sensibilities": you mean careful political calculation.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:41 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:

What political calculation can there be, in the given circumstances, other than a hail mary pass at winning votes of extreme liberalistas partying it up in the village?

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:47 pm

The guy has shown a lack of self-control that is worrisome in a seeker of high political office. It is his wife's choice whether to forgive, stand by, and support him. If I were a New York city voter, I would worry about it not because personal scandal in itself is disqualifying for office, but because personal scandal of this nature tends to create a media circus, consume public attention, and derail the policy agenda. Another candidate without that baggage and with a similar policy agenda is likely to be able to accomplish more in office than him.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:50 pm

Petrichor wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

What political calculation can there be, in the given circumstances, other than a hail mary pass at winning votes of extreme liberalistas partying it up in the village?

this woman isnt gonna be letting go of a golden goose she can milk - jewish liberal connections for fund raising and the less important sympathy vote for the wronged woman in future. surely you arent gullible enough to think "south asian sensibilities" of keeping family together despite husband's straying applies to a high ranking aide of hilary? you think she got that far by hanging onto her weaker sensibilities?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:57 pm

1. Mayors are usually thugs.
2. NYC voters may have smaller closets but they are all filled with lots of skeletons.
3. Shakedowns in early cycles of campaigns is better than late releases.
4. He is not going to win but for other reasons...I was talking about his desire to run.

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:00 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:notice no shock or disgust from the liberals at this regressive woman that's sticking by the other liberal douchebag. if it were a conservative in this sitchy the derision from left quarters would be defeaning. 

here's the part you are missing. liberals don't constantly bloviate about family values and fidelity in marriage. while these are desirable behavioral traits in any human being, liberals realize that human beings are often weak and slip up in their personal lives. this is the reason why they generally don't make family values or the practice of said family values, central virtues and selling points in a political candidate. however since conservatives claim to place a high premium on such values, when they slip up, we expect voters who lean that way to dump them and not act hypocritically. so no there is no hypocrisy involved when liberals want to vote for weiner boy or spitzer. the sort of thing you should call liberals on however, is the continuation of the bush era defense policies. that does qualify as hypocrisy.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:13 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Petrichor wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

this woman isnt gonna be letting go of a golden goose she can milk - jewish liberal connections for fund raising and the less important sympathy vote for the wronged woman in future. surely you arent gullible enough to think "south asian sensibilities" of keeping family together despite husband's straying applies to a high ranking aide of hilary? you think she got that far by hanging onto her weaker sensibilities?

Huma pulled in top-dollar in said fund raising!
http://www.metro.us/newyork/news/local/2013/07/16/huma-abedin-raises-150000-in-campaign-contributions-for-weiner/

Weiner used up the last ounce of goodwill from her with this little side-show. He married up, period.

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:33 pm

Petrichor wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
Petrichor wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

Huma pulled in top-dollar in said fund raising!
http://www.metro.us/newyork/news/local/2013/07/16/huma-abedin-raises-150000-in-campaign-contributions-for-weiner/

Weiner used up the last ounce of goodwill from her with this little side-show. He married up, period.

you believe what you want to, if it helps with the region pride thing.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:14 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:notice no shock or disgust from the liberals at this regressive woman that's sticking by the other liberal douchebag. if it were a conservative in this sitchy the derision from left quarters would be defeaning. 

here's the part you are missing. liberals don't constantly bloviate about family values and fidelity in marriage. while these are desirable behavioral traits in any human being, liberals realize that human beings are often weak and slip up in their personal lives. this is the reason why they generally don't make family values or the practice of said family values, central virtues and selling points in a political candidate. however since conservatives claim to place a high premium on such values, when they slip up, we expect voters who lean that way to dump them and not act hypocritically.  so no there is no hypocrisy involved when liberals want to vote for weiner boy or spitzer. the sort of thing you should call liberals on however, is the continuation of the bush era defense policies. that does qualify as hypocrisy.

thanks for the lesson on hypocrisy and it's practical applications for real world. so liberals are realistic when it comes to interpersonal relationships but idealistic when it comes to everything else? got it

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:24 pm

"Three years ago I was a single workaholic, traveling the globe with an amazing job at the U.S. State Department. I could not have imagined how much my life would change in three short years. Today I’m married, with a feisty 20-month-old son, a full-time job, and a husband running for mayor of New York. My friends will tell you that I don’t like calling attention to myself. For years I spent my professional life at the back of the room, far from the stage or the microphone. I kept my personal life private, even as the people I was close to lived in the public eye. But all that changed two years ago, and Anthony and I have spent these past few years working through the very private challenges we faced on a very public stage. So when people tell me they’re surprised to see me out on the campaign trail, I understand because, trust me, no one is more surprised than I am.

Read more: Huma Abedin Defends Anthony Weiner's Bid for NYC Major - Anthony Weiner Scandal and Mayoral Election 2013
Follow us: @harpersbazaarus on Twitter | HarpersBazaar on Facebook
Visit us at HarpersBAZAAR.com"

Bottomline: If you want this level of loyalty, save a girl from herself.

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:01 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:this woman isnt gonna be letting go of a golden goose she can milk - jewish liberal connections for fund raising and the less important sympathy vote for the wronged woman in future. surely you arent gullible enough to think "south asian sensibilities" of keeping family together despite husband's straying applies to a high ranking aide of hilary? you think she got that far by hanging onto her weaker sensibilities?

although i don't know much about this case specifically, it is naive to think that countless such wives have no other motive than to merely support their husband through such difficult times.

"it is not personal. it is strictly business." - michael c
"you see, all our men are businessmen. their loyalty is based on that. and considering that anything is possible." - michael c
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:04 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

here's the part you are missing. liberals don't constantly bloviate about family values and fidelity in marriage. while these are desirable behavioral traits in any human being, liberals realize that human beings are often weak and slip up in their personal lives. this is the reason why they generally don't make family values or the practice of said family values, central virtues and selling points in a political candidate. however since conservatives claim to place a high premium on such values, when they slip up, we expect voters who lean that way to dump them and not act hypocritically.  so no there is no hypocrisy involved when liberals want to vote for weiner boy or spitzer. the sort of thing you should call liberals on however, is the continuation of the bush era defense policies. that does qualify as hypocrisy.

thanks for the lesson on hypocrisy and it's practical applications for real world. so liberals are realistic when it comes to interpersonal relationships but idealistic when it comes to everything else? got it

conservatives are also idealistic. folks like paul ryan and grover norquist are hardcore idealists. they are just idealistic about different things than liberals.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:05 am

Petrichor wrote:"Through sickness and death, scandal and slander....till headlines do us apart...."

1. It is gutsy that he chooses to continue to run - this is NY after all!
2. Huma brings south asian sensibilities in defending her man - at this point, his crimes are far less serious than her mentor's philandering husband.
3. I see no sensible or defensible public reason for him to drop out of the race than a collective nebulous sense of shame that he chose to be an exhibitionist.
4. Poor guy needs taxpayer-funded therapy just to deal with his last name and his compensating arrogance stemming from it.

>>>>This guy has no capacity for judgment. Of course, that is not a disqualifier given the current state of affairs. There may a little bit of the south Asian thing, but given her background in government, it may also be a cynical acceptance of the game. I will give the marriage 2 years.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:21 am

Kris wrote:I will give the marriage  2 years.

I predict a low-decibel muttering Hillary advice in a wood-panelled library, followed by a few more therapy sessions, play dates in exclusively leafy brooklyn parks, memories thereof, a south asian vow of 'us vs. them' and a long subdued marriage interspersed with nostalgic recounting of what-could've-beens.

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:28 am

if only americans paid more attention to the actions of our politicians that actually affect our lives, the pointless wars they get us into, the lost opportunities in making investments in research and education, the programs they use to spy on private citizens, and the human rights abuses they engage in far away places hidden from the public, than where they decide to park their dicks for the night, we'll all be so much better off.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:31 pm

[quote="MaxEntropy_Man"]if only americans paid more attention to the actions of our politicians that actually affect our lives, the pointless wars they get us into, the lost opportunities in making investments in research and education, the programs they use to spy on private citizens, and the human rights abuses they engage in far away places hidden from the public, than where they decide to park their dicks for the night, we'll all be so much better off. [/quote]

Who are the "we" you are referring to?

Americans or Indians?

I guess the "we" includes you?

Do you consider yourself an American just because you got an American passport?

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:52 pm

Rishi wrote:

Do you consider yourself an American just because you got an American passport?

i consider myself american for many reasons:

i am emotionally invested in the US, i pay taxes here, i largely identify with the democratic ideals on which this country was founded, my kids were born here and know nothing else, and for many other professional reasons. i will probably die here.  acquiring an american citizenship was something about which i deliberated long and  hard. i waited a good six years after i became eligible because it took me a while to come to grips with the idea that i would need a visa to visit india.

so yes i do consider myself an american. any more questions?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:59 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Petrichor wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

uh oh what do we have here? looks like dear huma's got some skeletons that might be coming out soon:

http://news.yahoo.com/huma-lost-her-halo-135605503.html

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down