Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Udhrutam avutunna Seemandhra segalu!

+9
b_A
truthbetold
MaxEntropy_Man
Idéfix
Vakavaka Pakapaka
confuzzled dude
indophile
Merlot Daruwala
Impedimenta
13 posters

Go down

Udhrutam avutunna Seemandhra segalu! Empty Udhrutam avutunna Seemandhra segalu!

Post by Guest Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:20 am

Not just me, but millions in the Seemandhra region are angry and upset at the gross injustice done to them/in store for them. And it's getting worse by the day. worse = more intense, powerful and consistent, with no signs of abating.

Back to top Go down

Udhrutam avutunna Seemandhra segalu! Empty Re: Udhrutam avutunna Seemandhra segalu!

Post by Impedimenta Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:48 am

Kin!!!! how are you?

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Udhrutam avutunna Seemandhra segalu! Empty Re: Udhrutam avutunna Seemandhra segalu!

Post by Merlot Daruwala Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:51 am

Kinny is angry, upset and highly combustible. I see her stoning APSRTC buses and setting them on fire - especially ones headed to / from Hyderabad. Telanganites crossing her path, beware.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:52 am

MD, leave all that. did i tell you about my CRP skills? Cool turns out i forgot most of it. so, ya.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:25 am

kinnera wrote:Not just me, but millions in the Seemandhra region are angry and upset at the gross injustice done to them/in store for them. And it's getting worse by the day. worse = more intense, powerful and consistent, with no signs of abating.
Protest is okay, but not in a way that affects the everyday life of ordinary people. The anger should be vented in the elections that are not too far away.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:31 am

Impedimenta wrote:MD, leave all that. did i tell you about my CRP skills? Cool turns out i forgot most of it. so, ya.
Enroll right away for a refresher course. I will need mouth to mouth resucitation when I keel over from the sight of all that pulchritude.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:13 am

While these are commendable, especially considering they started without any political backing or leading. However,  I'm beginning to think whether this is worth an effort. What next! 'T' folks protests (again). I think the state has suffered quiet a bit in the last 4 years and will continue to suffer.

I was reading Potturi Venkateswars Rao column in Andhra Jyothy the other day, he seems to think that though the agitations have not turned as intense as in '69 or '73, state is divided at every level i.e. from political leaders to justices/lawyers to collectors to govt. employees to police to ..... so it is better to separate now.

On one hand I think that we can live together as one big family. We did prove that we can, in spite of the differences in the past. On the other hand  I tend to agree with him that the time has come to move on.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:32 am

kinnera wrote:Not just me, but millions in the Seemandhra region are angry and upset at the gross injustice done to them/in store for them. And it's getting worse by the day. worse = more intense, powerful and consistent, with no signs of abating.
I can understand. Apparently, diamonds from Kollur and other mines in Rayalaseema and coastal Andhra essentially made Nizam wealthy and were the main source of financing for Hyderabad's development at that time. I wonder if people of the two regions are aware of this. In addition, while under the control of Qutub Shahi and Nizam, Hyderabd was the capital of the whole AP and they paid taxes to the kingdom. Politicians from Telangana have been spreading lies and harassing and cheating the people from the other two regions.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:34 am

Wasn't Machlipatnam Nizam's port? It's called "Bandar" (Port) even today.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:56 am

indophile wrote:Wasn't Machlipatnam Nizam's port? It's called "Bandar" (Port) even today.
Yes. You should also read about Kollur mines and the Golkonda (Qutub Shahi) dynasty. Diamonds from coastal areas and Rayalaseema made both Qutub Shahi and Nizam wealthy and were the main source of financing Hyderabad. Revenue from Telangana was not significant. Andhra politicians are idiots. Telangana politicians must be giggling at how they pulled the wool over the eyes of ignorant Sonia and the people of AP. They have no exclusive rights over Hyderabad and should not be allowed to get away with highway robbery.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:57 am

indophile wrote:Wasn't Machlipatnam Nizam's port? It's called "Bandar" (Port) even today.
Machilipatnam was the port of the Qutb Shahi kingdom. The British EIC built its first factory there at that time, and it was out of Indian control soon after. I don't know if the Nizams ever controlled the city.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:07 am

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:They have no exclusive rights over Hyderabad and should not be allowed to get away with highway robbery.
Nobody has exclusive rights on a large city like Hyderabad. But both geography and history make for a stronger claim on Hyderabad for Telangana than for Seemandhra. Tamilians did not have exclusive rights over Madras in 1953, and Maharashtrians did not have exclusive rights over Bombay in 1960. The consideration for deciding the fate of Madras and Bombay was NOT whether one state had exclusive rights over the city, but who had the stronger claim due to geography and history.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:19 am

is the title of this thread a translation of jonathan livingston seagull?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:36 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:is the title of this thread a translation of jonathan livingston seagull?
udhrutam -- increasing, going beyond control.....
avutunna -- happening
Seemandhra -- Rayala-seema and Coasta Andhra (the two remaining parts of AP when Telangana is carved out)
segalu ---- small fires, flames

Increasing intensity of Seemandhra small fires.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:18 pm

The intensifying seemandhra movement has a purpose. it will not restore united andhra . but it can restore some of the negotiating leverage that was destroyed by hasty sonia t declaration. in their anxiousness to corner glory and mp seats in 2014they rushed to announce t state without preparing the necessary groundwork. t leaders have no reason to give any concession.
this unprecedented people's revolt is forcing the central leaders to wakeup and learn about the real ground realities. dumb mms, and arrogant sonia will be forced to give up their imperial attitude.
Seemandhra should fight till their negotiating leverage is restored.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:36 pm

truthbetold wrote:The intensifying seemandhra movement has a purpose. it will not restore united andhra . but it can restore some of the negotiating leverage that was destroyed by hasty sonia t declaration. in their anxiousness to corner glory and mp  seats in 2014they rushed to announce t state without preparing the necessary groundwork. t leaders have no reason to give any concession.
this unprecedented people's revolt is forcing the central leaders to wakeup and learn about the real ground realities. dumb mms, and arrogant sonia will be forced to give up their imperial attitude.
Agreed. I think the move to new capital should happen fairly quickly i.e. within 2-3 years else SeemAndhraites will be dragging their feet forever. Instead of staying in Hyd for 10 years ask for 10-15 years of revenues to be disbursed proportionately based on 8 'T' districts vs 13 'SA' districts. Actually, ask for 75:25 ratio, the guys who want out should incur the expenses or take losses; Andhra did in the '50s, Gujarat did pretty much the same. Use those monies to Develop new capital city and get an international airport in Vizag.  Of course, they need to figure out water sharing issues which is not going to be straightforward.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:59 pm

One thing appears certain. There is no going back for Sonia and the Congress party and lose face. There is no going back for Naidu and regain his twice lost face. There is no going back for BJP and loose face. There appears to be no going back on Telangana. Gatam gataha. If the agitation in SA can only help do the following things that will be of some help. (1) Let SA select it's own capital without the center dictating; (2) The funding for the new capital's infrastructure and buldings should be forced on the center; (3) There were reports that Telangana politicians in a strategy meeting decided to drive out all SA investors, and supposedly SA private educational institutes (the Chaitanyas, the Narayanas and the like - whose students garner most of the top 100 ranks in IIT-JEE exams). SA should welcome them since these folks are doers, not mere talkers; (4) Telangana politicians want to provide incentives to the movie industry to keep it in Hyd because they believe the movie industry brings stature (?) to Hyd; it's best to leave it to the movie folks to decide what they wish to do, but there is no particular need for SA to welcome them with incentives (cheap land, tax breaks,  facilities etc.) because they will be driven out anyway (people will hit on them for easy money all the time); (5) negotiate till the cows come home on water and drive for an equitable allocation based on all significant parameters; (6) develop the ports in Kakinada, Machilipatnam, and Ongole and upgrade them; (7) Upgrade Vizag airport to an international class airport; (Cool it will be nice if SA has two capitals, one in CA and the other in Rayalaseema (Kurnool or Madanapalle); that will keep them together forever; I am running out of ideas for my wish list; Smile

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:06 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
truthbetold wrote:The intensifying seemandhra movement has a purpose. it will not restore united andhra . but it can restore some of the negotiating leverage that was destroyed by hasty sonia t declaration. in their anxiousness to corner glory and mp  seats in 2014they rushed to announce t state without preparing the necessary groundwork. t leaders have no reason to give any concession.
Agreed. I think the move to new capital should happen fairly quickly i.e. within 2-3 years else SeemAndhraites will be dragging their feet forever. Instead of staying in Hyd for 10 years ask for 10-15 years of revenues to be disbursed proportionately based on 8 'T' districts vs 13 'SA' districts. Actually, ask for 75:25 ratio, the guys who want out should incur the expenses or take losses; Andhra did in the '50s, Gujarat did pretty much the same. Use those monies to Develop new capital city and get an international airport in Vizag.  Of course, they need to figure out water sharing issues which is not going to be straightforward.
Good points.
PS: There is already an international airport in Vizag with customs and immigration facilities, I think. They have direct flights to Singapore now.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:10 pm

One minor wish. Please throw in the demand to change to revert the "Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy" district back to "Cuddaph" or "Kadapa." The districts in SA should not be named after people - like the Rangareddy district next to Hyderabad. Even some of the great kings who ruled the area named any places after themselves or their fathers and grandfathers.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:13 pm

indophile wrote:One minor wish. Please throw in the demand to change to revert the "Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy" district back to "Cuddaph" or "Kadapa." The districts in SA should not be named after people - like the Rangareddy district next to Hyderabad. Even some of the great kings who ruled the area named any places after themselves or their fathers and grandfathers.
I agree. CBN/YSR/NTR or even T Prakasam are not such towering individuals to have their name etched for centuries. They are at best leaders relevant for the generation they led. We should rename Prakasam to Ongole too.

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:14 pm

I agree.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:18 pm

b_A wrote:PS: There is already an international airport in Vizag with customs and immigration facilities, I think. They have direct flights to Singapore now.
Having an airline or two servicing doesn't make it International standard. There is a need for infrastructure that scales and traffic that justifies it.

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by ashaNirasha Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:19 pm

indophile wrote:One thing appears certain. There is no going back for Sonia and the Congress party and lose face. There is no going back for Naidu and regain his twice lost face. There is no going back for BJP and loose face. There appears to be no going back on Telangana. Gatam gataha. If the agitation in SA can only help do the following things that will be of some help. (1) Let SA select it's own capital without the center dictating; (2) The funding for the new capital's infrastructure and buldings should be forced on the center; (3) There were reports that Telangana politicians in a strategy meeting decided to drive out all SA investors, and supposedly SA private educational institutes (the Chaitanyas, the Narayanas and the like - whose students garner most of the top 100 ranks in IIT-JEE exams). SA should welcome them since these folks are doers, not mere talkers; (4) Telangana politicians want to provide incentives to the movie industry to keep it in Hyd because they believe the movie industry brings stature (?) to Hyd; it's best to leave it to the movie folks to decide what they wish to do, but there is no particular need for SA to welcome them with incentives (cheap land, tax breaks,  facilities etc.) because they will be driven out anyway (people will hit on them for easy money all the time); (5) negotiate till the cows come home on water and drive for an equitable allocation based on all significant parameters; (6) develop the ports in Kakinada, Machilipatnam, and Ongole and upgrade them; (7) Upgrade Vizag airport to an international class airport; (Cool it will be nice if SA has two capitals, one in CA and the other in Rayalaseema (Kurnool or Madanapalle); that will keep them together forever; I am running out of ideas for my wish list; Smile

Rolling Eyes @ drive out the educational institutes & encourage movie industry. While they are at it, they should drive out the movie people all the way down to Chennai again. The whole state is full of cinema picchollu.

ashaNirasha

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:23 pm

b_A wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Good points.
PS: There is already an international airport in Vizag with customs and immigration facilities, I think. They have direct flights to Singapore now.
Whenever I go to India (I admit it's not that often) I use the Vizag airport a lot. Darned thing is very unreliable. If it rains 1/100 inch all the flights get cancelled. It's even worse than Trivandrum airport (another supposedly "International" airport). There, they wouldn't let you into the terminal building until just 1 hour before your flight. I once sat outside (it's liking a solid shamiana) for 8 hours before I could get in and wait in a comfortable chair. Then I flew to Bangalore (back in those days it was Deccan Airways). Only in Bangalore did I realize that it's an African pilot who flew the plane. Deccan Airways was really cutting costs.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:29 pm

indophile wrote:
b_A wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Good points.
Whenever I go to India (I admit it's not that often) I use the Vizag airport a lot. Darned thing is very unreliable. If it rains 1/100 inch all the flights get cancelled. It's even worse than Trivandrum airport (another supposedly "International" airport). There, they wouldn't let you into the terminal building until just 1 hour before your flight. I once sat outside (it's liking a solid shamiana) for 8 hours before I could get in and wait in a comfortable chair. Then I flew to Bangalore (back in those days it was Deccan Airways). Only in Bangalore did I realize that it's an African pilot who flew the plane. Deccan Airways was really cutting costs.
it's location is terrible, being close to that reservoir they have just outside of vizag and prone to flooding. they'll need to build from ground up in a new location.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:20 pm

Cd,indo and others,
good points. we can quibble about details but hope enough sense prevails to move towards such sensible solution.
no need to give up on t area. we should live amicably at peoples level.
Among several opportunities, seemandhra should focus on under utilized coastal area for extensive development.
education and agriculture will remain main strengths.
water and human resource development should be primary to seema area.
within India focused it industry could be the secret weapon. vizag can provide Hawaii like attraction with it industry.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:03 pm

smArtha wrote:
b_A wrote:PS: There is already an international airport in Vizag with customs and immigration facilities, I think. They have direct flights to Singapore now.
Having an airline or two servicing doesn't make it International standard. There is a need for infrastructure that scales and traffic that justifies it.
Actually it is the presence of several international carriers operating flights to and from the airport that is a necessary condition for a true international airport. The example of Bangalore circa 2005 comes to mind; it had a small airport not bigger than the old Begumpet airport, with the runway(s) shared with HAL and IAF. Kolkata had a larger, and ostensibly international, airport with better infrastructure. But most international airlines wanted to fly to Bangalore, and dropped service to Kolkata. It is because of the demand from airlines for more landing slots, and high passenger volumes that support long-term revenues, that private investors lined up to invest in Hyderabad and Bangalore airports. Visakhapatnam will get more flights as its population and economy grow. But for the next few years, it is hard to imagine European or American carriers flying there direct.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:51 am

Impedimenta wrote:Kin!!!! how are you?
Hey Imps! I am fine. Thanks for asking Smile. I was at Chennai briefly. The weather was pleasant there. Will be going back there again on my return trip. There are no direct flights from atl to hyd, so i'm flying to and from chennai. 

how have you been? Hope you are feeling better and dancing away to your heart's content.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:57 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:Kinny is angry, upset and highly combustible. I see her stoning APSRTC buses and setting them on fire - especially ones headed to / from Hyderabad. Telanganites crossing her path, beware.
LOL! Nah.
Poor me had to cancel my intended trip to Kadapa and Anantapur as the situation is pretty volatile there and there are no buses running.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:00 am

There's no question of a united AP now. Bifurcation is inevitable. Hyderabad, river water sharing and jobs of the SA'ites are the main issues. The protests can help achieve a fair deal wrt those.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:27 am

kinnera wrote:There's no question of a united AP now. Bifurcation is inevitable. Hyderabad, river water sharing and jobs of the SA'ites are the main issues. The protests can help achieve a fair deal wrt those.
Once the state is separated, Kodandaram and gang will start the "backward" mantra again. I can't see MT and gang antagonizing T and giving SA much re. Hyd. She will do what it takes to get her 17 MPs from T. I bet she also hopes that Jagan will win in SA so that he can merge his party with CONs after the election. I personally would like to see Lok Satta and JP winning in SA and rebuilding it in a highly professional way. Unfortunately, however, I don't think he will win. I dislike Chiranjeevi and I hope CONs won't get a single seat in SA in the next election.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:32 am

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
kinnera wrote:There's no question of a united AP now. Bifurcation is inevitable. Hyderabad, river water sharing and jobs of the SA'ites are the main issues. The protests can help achieve a fair deal wrt those.
Once the state is separated, Kodandaram and gang will start the "backward" mantra again. I can't see MT and gang antagonizing T and giving SA much re. Hyd. She will do what it takes to get her 17 MPs from T. I bet she also hopes that Jagan will win in SA so that he can merge his party with CONs after the election. I personally would like to see Lok Satta and JP winning in SA and rebuilding it in a highly professional way. Unfortunately, however, I don't think he will win. I dislike Chiranjeevi and I hope CONs won't get a single seat in SA in the next election.
Yeah, Lok satta and JP would be ideal, but do ppl have that much sense to vote him to power? And yes, everyone else is bekaar.

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:03 am

Why don't we continue to call the new state Andhra Pradesh? "Seemandhra" is grating to the ears. We can also call it Andhra Seema if needed.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:06 am

kinnera wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
Yeah, Lok satta and JP would be ideal, but do ppl have that much sense to vote him to power? And yes, everyone else is bekaar.
Is anyone talking about developing all zones of AP after the separation? My sisters are planning on moving back to the coast. Have you heard similar thinking from others? Whatever the politicians do, the capital should be in a non-controversial place (Ongole - like you suggested) and SEZs should be created to develop Seema and the North. They should fight tooth and nail on water and compensation for losing Hyderabad. Having Hyderabad as a common capital is not in the best interest of AP.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:01 pm

Ap is one of the top economic engines.of india .
with indias's current account deficit, the center would be hesitant to promise monies. Even if they promise nothing will ever materialize.
seemandhra should focus on promises the center can deliver such as public sector enterprises, port development, and major educational facilities etc.
they should also get badhrachalam.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:11 pm

truthbetold wrote:Ap is one of the top economic engines.of india .
with indias's current account deficit, the center would be hesitant to promise monies. Even if they promise nothing will ever materialize.
seemandhra should focus on promises the center can deliver such as public sector enterprises,  port development, and major educational facilities etc.
I think Bhdrachalam and two taluks will be moved to E Godavari (they were moved to Khammam after 1956). There is also a suggestion to move Khammam town itself to Krishna dist (if a vote is taken, Khammam people will most likely opt for AP).

I suspect that the pharmaceutical industry will move to AP. For any drug company in India, being the regional sales manager in Vijayawada is a plum post. Vijayawada area generates more money than ANY OTHER region in the country for them.

I saw on NDTV a TDP MP whipping himself with a "korada". Looks like he has a lot of practice in "kolupulu" in his village. Hopefully, each whipping translates into one lakh crore rupees for building the new capital. LOL.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:38 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
seemandhra should focus on promises the center can deliver such as public sector enterprises,  port development, and major educational facilities etc.
I think Bhdrachalam and two taluks will be moved to E Godavari (they were moved to Khammam after 1956). There is also a suggestion to move Khammam town itself to Krishna dist (if a vote is taken, Khammam people will most likely opt for AP).

I suspect that the pharmaceutical industry will move to AP. For any drug company in India, being the regional sales manager in Vijayawada is a plum post. Vijayawada area generates more money than ANY OTHER region in the country for them.

I saw on NDTV a TDP MP whipping himself with a "korada". Looks like he has a lot of practice in "kolupulu" in his village. Hopefully, each whipping translates into one lakh crore rupees for building the new capital. LOL.
http://www.ndtv.com/video/player/news/telugu-desam-mp-whips-himself-outside-parliament/287856

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:40 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:I think Bhdrachalam and two taluks will be moved to E Godavari (they were moved to Khammam after 1956). There is also a suggestion to move Khammam town itself to Krishna dist (if a vote is taken, Khammam people will most likely opt for AP).

I doubt it very much, my cousin who lives in Khammam town mentioned of celebrations across the town.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:50 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:

http://www.ndtv.com/video/player/news/telugu-desam-mp-whips-himself-outside-parliament/287856
 Compare the Andhra MP with a Telangana MP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyHmnbtUP28

LOL

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:51 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:I think Bhdrachalam and two taluks will be moved to E Godavari (they were moved to Khammam after 1956). There is also a suggestion to move Khammam town itself to Krishna dist (if a vote is taken, Khammam people will most likely opt for AP).

I doubt it very much, my cousin who lives in Khammam town mentioned of celebrations across the town.
May be your cousin is right. My info is from one person's opinion.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:22 am

kinnera wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
Yeah, he cannot either anonomously or visibly transfer crores of rupees in autorickshaws and taxis for distribution as "direct money transfers to the needy" so those needy would vote for him (if they still maintain their senses physically after making intended use of the money)

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:36 am

The agitation reached its 30th day. No signs of it fizzling out. Life came to a standstill in the Seemandhra districts. There is pressure on the central ministers and MPs from the Seemandhra region to resign. They may bow down to the pressure from their people and resign within the next 2-3 days. 
The agitations in the whole region are spontaneous and without any leaders. It is amazing that it spread across such a large region, sustained itself so long and is growing in intensity with each passing day. The people's pressure and will is what's making the leaders come around.
The chief minister is showing a lot of nerve and standing up to the high command. He expressed his strong opposition to the bifurcation of the state and threatened to resign if it comes to that.
There will be major showdown of T and Seemandhra govt employees on the 7th of this month, in Hyderabad. 

Let the show go on.....

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:14 am

Is there any talk of a new regional party? it could collect leaders from all parties and put up a united front.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:30 pm

truthbetold wrote:Is there any talk of a new regional party? it could collect leaders from all parties and put up a united front.
sporadic talk abt it is there but nothing concrete yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:39 pm

kinnera wrote:
truthbetold wrote:Is there any talk of a new regional party? it could collect leaders from all parties and put up a united front.
i hope they form a statewide JAC . right now congress, tdp and ysrcp are tearing each other to get some political mileage. if the secondary leadership can combine in a united front, seemandhra movement will become even more powerful.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:51 pm

truthbetold wrote:
kinnera wrote:
i hope they form a statewide JAC . right now congress, tdp and ysrcp are tearing each other to get some political mileage. if the secondary leadership can combine in a united front, seemandhra movement will become even more powerful.
ya, i hope that happens. right now, each party is throwing mud at the other patries and blaming them for the current crisis. 

also, everyone is geared up for the yatras around the seemandhra districts. chandrababu naidu, hari krishna and sharmila are all ready and set to go.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down