Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One honest minister in the UPA cabinet

3 posters

Go down

One honest minister in the UPA cabinet Empty One honest minister in the UPA cabinet

Post by sambarvada Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:27 am

http://www.outlookindia.com/article.aspx?277361

Right now, we are just able to treat about a third of the sewage and industrial effluent that goes into the Ganga. We want to ensure none of it goes in untreated; it is a gargantuan task. I can’t guarantee success. It would be dishonest of me to say so, particularly given our experience with GAP I and II. They succeeded to the extent that had we not implemented them, the situation would have been far worse. At least we created sewage treatment capacity of 1,000 mld (million litres a day), even though utilisation doesn’t exceed 40 per cent.

sambarvada

Back to top Go down

One honest minister in the UPA cabinet Empty Re: One honest minister in the UPA cabinet

Post by truthbetold Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:03 am

Research on the largest river in USA showed that MN agri waste caused dead zones in the waters near New orleans.

The best one can hope for Ganga is improvement of water quality but not purification of its water.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

One honest minister in the UPA cabinet Empty Re: One honest minister in the UPA cabinet

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:32 am

In India, EVERY segment follows the wall Street Concept. That is, just do what is needed to get by/escape/loot over the next 3 months.

So nothing will change for the good - only to avoid a disaster. Despite, all the banking hoopls in India, one still has to wait/spend 2 hours to open an account, deal with any wrong entries, etc..

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down