Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aaiye Meherbaan (Madhubala in 'Howrah Bridge' / 1958 ... English subtitles)

3 posters

Go down

Aaiye Meherbaan  (Madhubala in 'Howrah Bridge' / 1958 ... English subtitles) Empty Aaiye Meherbaan (Madhubala in 'Howrah Bridge' / 1958 ... English subtitles)

Post by Seva Lamberdar Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:26 pm

song: Asha Bhosle; music: O.P. Nayyar; lyrics: Hasrat Jaipuri  ....

Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Aaiye Meherbaan  (Madhubala in 'Howrah Bridge' / 1958 ... English subtitles) Empty Re: Aaiye Meherbaan (Madhubala in 'Howrah Bridge' / 1958 ... English subtitles)

Post by nevada Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:30 pm

Sevaji, had a question for you. The lyrics of the song wahan kaun hai tera musafir from Guide go like this:

"Kehte hai gyani
duniya hai paani
paani me likhi likhayee"

What does that mean? The world keeps changing just like words written in water are gone by the time they are written?

nevada

Back to top Go down

Aaiye Meherbaan  (Madhubala in 'Howrah Bridge' / 1958 ... English subtitles) Empty Re: Aaiye Meherbaan (Madhubala in 'Howrah Bridge' / 1958 ... English subtitles)

Post by Seva Lamberdar Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:06 pm

nevada wrote:Sevaji, had a question for you. The lyrics of the song wahan kaun hai tera musafir from Guide go like this:

"Kehte hai gyani
duniya hai paani
paani me likhi likhayee"

What does that mean? The world keeps changing just like words written in water are gone by the time they are written?
Nevada-ji, it appears to be "the wise say that the world is water and that everything present here is like the writing using the water (very short-lived / temporary and almost invisible)."
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:57 pm

Thanks Sevaji!

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:08 am

Seva Lamberdar wrote:song: Asha Bhosle; music: O.P. Nayyar; lyrics: Hasrat Jaipuri  ....

>>>Very nice. I went to a friend's anniversary party last night and listened to this when we got back about midnight. One of my FIL's favorite songs. I remember listening to it with him a few months ago and he seemed definitely transported back to his youth.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down