Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Most Interesting Word in the English Language

+6
Kris
Merlot Daruwala
Seva Lamberdar
Rishi
MaxEntropy_Man
Bittu
10 posters

Go down

The Most Interesting Word in the English Language Empty The Most Interesting Word in the English Language

Post by Bittu Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:14 pm

I'm sure this clip will be even more hilarious after some weed or alcohol :lol: 

Bittu

Back to top Go down

The Most Interesting Word in the English Language Empty Re: The Most Interesting Word in the English Language

Post by Guest Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:32 pm

Looks like he went deep into the fucking fuck thing. 

Anyway, I listened to some of his talks. The guy does make sense. can't write him off totally as some fucking wacko.

Back to top Go down

The Most Interesting Word in the English Language Empty Re: The Most Interesting Word in the English Language

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:15 am

he's way better than that quack chopra.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:25 am

One thing I admire about Rajneesh is his fearlessness. 
He did not have kids nor wife to worry about. So he said whatever came to his mind. And being smart and a little bit wacko also helps.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:32 am

The "ten commandment"[ltr]][/ltr]
During his early days as Acharya Rajneesh, a correspondent asked Rajneesh for his "ten commandments". He noted that it was a difficult matter because he was against any kind of commandment, but "just for fun" listed the following:

1. Never obey anyone's command unless it is coming from within you also.
  2. There is no God other than life itself.
  3. Truth is within you, do not search for it elsewhere.
  4. Love is prayer.
  5. To become a nothingness is the door to truth. Nothingness itself is the means, the goal and attainment.
  6. Life is now and here.
  7. Live wakefully.
  8. Do not swim—float.
  9. Die each moment so that you can be new each moment.
  10. Do not search. That which is, is. Stop and see.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:48 am

Rishi wrote:One thing I admire about Rajneesh is his fearlessness. 
He did not have kids nor wife to worry about. So he said whatever came to his mind. And being smart and a little bit wacko also helps.
Also seemed to talk and write a lot on things about which he probably lacked understanding and knowledge.

"Recently, at a conference on Indian diaspora in Dharamshala (India), a speaker on Osho Rajneesh's works indicated that Sanskrit was basically a static language having unnecessary rigid rules and grammar. He went on to state that the choice of Sanskrit by the brahmins as the Vedic language several milleniums ago had deprived the general public from acquiring true knowledge. It was Buddha, according to him, about 2500 years ago, who (in spite of being a great scholar of the Vedas and Sanskrit) deliberately spread his message (Buddhism) in Pali in stead of Sanskrit so that people could easily understand it.

"The above statements (in the name of Osho by his readers) about Sanskrit and Buddha are not really true.

"First of all, it was necessary for Sanskrit, as the name suggests -- refined or perfected, to have strict rules and grammar. The early brahmins (people with the responsibility for retaining the knowledge and transmitting it to others), who composed the Sanskrit in the beginning, probably did make it somewhat a strict language so that the message or the knowledge transmitted through it remained complete and did not get distorted or lost. To avoid the possibility of any confusion or ambiguity arising due to differences in interpretations of the stored and transmitted knowledge, they constructed an elaborate system of rules and grammar for Sanskrit. Since, especially during the oral communication of information or the Veda, the distortion or change in the message (information or knowledge) and the medium (language) could accidentally and easily occur, it was important for Sanskrit to have strict rules so that it would retain its form. Thus this was not the recipe for stagnation, but to achieve ultimate in refinement and completeness. For example, an elaborate alphabet with almost a separate letter for each sound, three tier forms (singular, dual and plural) and three genders (masculine, feminine and neutral) involving nouns, pronouns and verbs etc., eight types of cases, and ten kinds of verb formations affirm the thoroughness of Sanskrit. Similarly, to enhance the capability of this language for communication, recital and singing, while also maintaining accuracy and conciseness, a meticulous system for liaisons between words within a sentence would be introduced."  http://www.geocities.ws/lamberdar/sanskrit_sruti.html  (May 2005)
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:54 am

Rishi wrote:The "ten commandment"
[ltr]][/ltr]

During his early days as Acharya Rajneesh, a correspondent asked Rajneesh for his "ten commandments". He noted that it was a difficult matter because he was against any kind of commandment, but "just for fun" listed the following:

1. Never obey anyone's command unless it is coming from within you also.

2. There is no God other than life itself.

3. Truth is within you, do not search for it elsewhere.

4. Love is prayer.

5. To become a nothingness is the door to truth. Nothingness itself is the means, the goal and attainment.

6. Life is now and here.

7. Live wakefully.

8. Do not swim—float.

9. Die each moment so that you can be new each moment.

10. Do not search. That which is, is. Stop and see.

Shhh. DOn't toss such revelations lightly. Poor Toothseeker will have to seek a new vocation.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:01 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
Shhh. DOn't toss such revelations lightly. Poor Toothseeker will have to seek a new vocation.
hahaha. except rajneesh is actually lucid, but toothseeker's pearls are hooch-fortified stream of consciousness blather.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:59 am

Rajneesh stole from Jiddu Krishnamurthi.

Jiddu plagiarized Upanishads.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:07 am

Rishi wrote:Rajneesh stole from Jiddu Krishnamurthi.

Unkil, you are too harsh. See, there is only one Truth - within ToothSeeker, within Rajneesh, within Jiddu and within the writer(s) of Upanishads. Naturally they all say the same thing when high on hooch / grass / soma.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:42 am

Rishi wrote:One thing I admire about Rajneesh is his fearlessness. 
>>>Of course he was fearless..Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:45 am

Bittu wrote:I'm sure this clip will be even more hilarious after some weed or alcohol Laughing 
Hilarious!

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:04 pm

Rishi wrote:The "ten commandment"
[ltr]And the segue to the 10 commandments - "Man is imbalanced, i.e., skewed, i.e., out of center, i.e., "eccentric." These ten tips will knock you back into alignment with the center."[/ltr]

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:14 pm

this osho douche was interesting at 19, now he's just another freakeshwaran deshwani that took a bunch of low IQ douches on a ride.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:59 pm

Why do you think so? And if you want to take it further on this line.. which Upanishad rishi stole from which other one?

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:04 pm

[quote="smArtha"][quote="Rishi"]Rajneesh stole from Jiddu Krishnamurthi.

[b]Jiddu plagiarized Upanishads[/b].[/quote]Why do you think so? And if you want to take it further on this line.. which Upanishad rishi stole from which other one?[/quote]
http://www.google.com/search?q=Lives+in+the+Shadow+with+J.+Krishnamurti+upanishad&tbm=bks&tbo=1

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:12 pm

Rishi wrote:
smArtha wrote:

Why do you think so? And if you want to take it further on this line.. which Upanishad rishi stole from which other one?
http://www.google.com/search?q=Lives+in+the+Shadow+with+J.+Krishnamurti+upanishad&tbm=bks&tbo=1

Rishi: Since you have trouble having your reply shown separately, (after you click on quote to reply) click on the icon for "switch editor mode" (second row, extreme right box) which will allow you to move down and respond.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:16 pm

Rishi wrote:
smArtha wrote:

You didn't attempt the second part of my question on the lines you answered the first part. What makes you think that one Upanishad Rishi didn't borrow from another one by the same reasoning?

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:21 pm

Smartha,

I don't understand your question.

I read this lady's book and what she said about Jiddu made sense.

I have read Jiddu's speeches and books. His teachings sounded similar to Upanishad and Buddha. For example "Truth is a pathless land" and "Be your own light" etc.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:24 pm

goodcitizn wrote:
Rishi wrote:
smArtha wrote:

Rishi: Since you have trouble having your reply shown separately, (after you click on quote to reply) click on the icon for "switch editor mode" (second row, extreme right box) which will allow you to move down and respond.

GC,

I clicked on "quote with reply" but no icons show up.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:31 pm

Smartha,

Some more stuff.

http://innertraditions.blogspot.com/2009/04/j-krishnamurti-and-upanishads.html

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:41 pm

Rishi wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:Rishi: Since you have trouble having your reply shown separately, (after you click on quote to reply) click on the icon for "switch editor mode" (second row, extreme right box) which will allow you to move down and respond.
GC,

I clicked on "quote with reply" but no icons show up.
Never mind. Your reply is showing up separately. Usually when you reply, you see a whole bunch of icons and boxes on top from B for bold to Youtube and other stuff on the top row and A for font size thru an icon for Switch Editor Mode on the second row. Weird, you don't see it. A few weeks back I had trouble replying to posts and used that icon to switch to editor mode, and it worked. FYI.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:12 pm

Rishi wrote:Smartha,

Some more stuff.

http://innertraditions.blogspot.com/2009/04/j-krishnamurti-and-upanishads.html
On the first day while I was in that state and more conscious of the things around me, I had the first most extraordinary experience. There was a man mending the road; that man was myself; the pickaxe he held was myself; the very stone which he was breaking up was a part of me; the tender blade of grass was my very being, and the tree beside the man was myself. I almost could feel and think like the roadmender, and I could feel the wind passing through the tree, and the little ant on the blade of grass I could feel. The birds, the dust, and the very noise were a part of me. Just then there was a car passing by at some distance; I was the driver, the engine, and the tires; as the car went further away from me, I was going away from myself. I was in everything, or rather everything was in me, inanimate and animate, the mountain, the worm, and all breathing things. “ 

That page has everything to answer your 'K plagiarized from Upanishads' allegation.  Exactly why I asked what makes you think one upanishad seer didn't plagiarize from the other upanishad seer? Don't throw more literature at me and just think about that question and response to it. We can go from there.

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down