Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beware of taking Rs into India..and also...

3 posters

Go down

Beware of taking Rs into India..and also... Empty Beware of taking Rs into India..and also...

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:32 pm

..The law also stipulates that all travellers to India must declare all cash in foreign currencies they might be bringing into India, including the UAE dirham, where its value exceeds USD 5,000. Foreigners should also make a declaration when the aggregate value of all foreign bills in the form of currency notes, financial instruments, travellers' cheques is equal to or exceeds USD 10,000, the notice added.

This also applies to those from any other country.

*This has been a public service thread.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Beware of taking Rs into India..and also... Empty Re: Beware of taking Rs into India..and also...

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:33 pm

should i also declare my credit card which could have a credit limit that exceeds the stipulated amounts?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Beware of taking Rs into India..and also... Empty Re: Beware of taking Rs into India..and also...

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:44 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:should i also declare my credit card which could have a credit limit that exceeds the stipulated amounts?
I dont think so.. Credit cards and its currency transactions are always through the official banking sector. I think you can still take in upto a total of $5000. But, cash can be traded through hawala and Rs brought in could have been printed by Dawood.
Hence the no Re into India condition.

Same thing holds if you are bringing cash INTO US.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:15 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

..The law also stipulates that all travellers to India must declare all cash in foreign currencies they might be bringing into India, including the UAE dirham, where its value exceeds USD 5,000.  Foreigners should also make a declaration when the aggregate value of all foreign bills in the form of currency notes, financial instruments, travellers' cheques is equal to or exceeds USD 10,000, the notice added.

Just fyi, the Rs 7.5K limit for import of INR into India applies only to travelers who are normally resident in India. No such allowance is available for foreigners / NRIs. Pleej to bring in your dollars and covert them in India wonly.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:00 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

..The law also stipulates that all travellers to India must declare all cash in foreign currencies they might be bringing into India, including the UAE dirham, where its value exceeds USD 5,000.  Foreigners should also make a declaration when the aggregate value of all foreign bills in the form of currency notes, financial instruments, travellers' cheques is equal to or exceeds USD 10,000, the notice added.

Just fyi, the Rs 7.5K limit for import of INR into India applies only to travelers who are normally resident in India. No such allowance is available for foreigners / NRIs. Pleej to bring in your dollars and covert them in India wonly.
Yes of course... The phoreners are expected to spend even their first Paisa only after converting their dollar. What next...bring back the old controls - pay bus/train/plane/hotel fare in dollars?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down