Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

have you ever been groped?

+9
MaxEntropy_Man
Ponniyin Selvan
gone
Bittu
garam_kuta
seven
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
nevada
pravalika nanda
13 posters

Go down

have you ever been groped? Empty have you ever been groped?

Post by pravalika nanda Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:48 pm

I was groped once in india. I was on vacation, I had put on a pink salwar kameez and gone to the vegetable market with my Ammoma. It was very crowded in the market and some guy grasped me by the thigh for maybe a couple of seconds and let go. I was just confused. At that time I didn't know it was "eve-teasing" or whatever. I just thought it had happened by mistake. I was 14.

Another time, we were visiting relatives in India, and one guy who was not even related to us by blood asked me if I wanted to see the city and I said yes. So I got on his scooter - it was not the kind uncles use though -  and I was stuck hanging out with him the whole day, from about 8am to 6pm. I was about 12. Looking back I think it was inappropriate for him to keep me away from my family for the whole day. Not that my mom noticed.

Another time I was on a flight to India, it was probably Air India. I was with my family but we were all in different spots on the plane. I was about 12. This guy next to me took an interest in me, and he actually spoon-fed me all his desserts throughout the flight. He didn't touch me inappropriately but he was about 40 and now that I know better I wouldn't have let it happen. But no complaints at that time though. He gave me his plain yogurt, mango ice cream, and rice pudding.

Last edited by pravalika nanda on Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sp)

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

have you ever been groped? Empty Re: have you ever been groped?

Post by nevada Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:56 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:I was groped once in india. I was on vacation, I had put on a pink salwar kameez and gone to the vegetable market with my Ammoma. It was very crowded in the market and some guy grasped me by the thigh for maybe a couple of seconds and let go. I was just confused. At that time I didn't know it was "eve-teasing" or whatever. I just thought it had happened by mistake. I was 14.

Another time, we were visiting relatives in India, and one guy who was not even related to us by blood asked me if I wanted to see the city and I said yes. So I got on his scooter - it was not the kind uncles use though -  and I was stuck hanging out with him the whole day, from about 8am to 6pm. I was about 12. Looking back I think it was inappropriate for him to keep me away from my family for the whole day. Not that my mom noticed.

Another time I was on a flight to India, it was probably Air India. I was with my family but we were all in different spots on the plane. I was about 12. This guy next to me took an interest in me, and he actually spoon-fed me all his desserts throughout the flight. He didn't touch me inappropriately but he was about 40 and now that I know better I wouldn't have let it happen. But no complaints at that time though. He gave me his plain yogurt, mango ice cream, and rice pudding.
Good memory!

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:10 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:I was groped once in india. I was on vacation, I had put on a pink salwar kameez and gone to the vegetable market with my Ammoma. It was very crowded in the market and some guy grasped me by the thigh for maybe a couple of seconds and let go. I was just confused. At that time I didn't know it was "eve-teasing" or whatever. I just thought it had happened by mistake. I was 14.

damn...you have been traumatized in your younger days....you shuld should have PTSD now....(on Prozac yet?)

Tell me...why were you confused? why he let go after just a few seconds or if he was really shocked and scared by what he did.

Poor 40 yr old feeds you and you enjoyed being fed and now you think you might have been abused.... I think you should file a complaint with Air India.

Hey I was also abused and traumatized in crowded buses by these college girls...No matter how much I tried to leave a gap they would lean on my at every break and turn..... My Rama-dom was destroyed right then and there.

No one groped you after you were 14.... why and why not?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:18 pm

Someone put his hand on my shoulder when i was walking on an isolated colony road. he was on a bicycle. I didn't say or do anything, kept walking. At the end of the road, instead of turning to go away, he turned towards me. I don't know what his intention was, but when he was about 10 feet away from me, I took out my shoe and aimed at him while telling him, 'tu idhar aa', over and over.

He ducked my shoe and like a frightened deer began running away. I picked up 2-3 rocks and threw them at him too, while still saying, 'aa tu idhar'. One rock hit his cycle which made him speed away faster.

Proved two things that day, 1) I have a really bad aim, and 2) even gropers dump me even when I tell them to come to me. Oh, learned one more thing, 3) Never take your shoe out on a hot afternoon on a tar road. Burns like crazy.

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:27 pm

Lol Tracy @ lessons learned. 

@ OP
All groping n such experiences are about India or on your way to India (with Indian copassengers)
Do you remember of an incident that happened in US or another country? Say at a club when you went dancing with friends?

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:42 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:Someone put his hand on my shoulder when i was walking on an isolated colony road. he was on a bicycle. I didn't say or do anything, kept walking. At the end of the road, instead of turning to go away, he turned towards me. I don't know what his intention was, but when he was about 10 feet away from me, I took out my shoe and aimed at him while telling him, 'tu idhar aa', over and over.

He ducked my shoe and like a frightened deer began running away. I picked up 2-3 rocks and threw them at him too, while still saying, 'aa tu idhar'. One rock hit his cycle which made him speed away faster.

Proved two things that day, 1) I have a really bad aim, and 2) even gropers dump me even when I tell them to come to me. Oh, learned one more thing, 3) Never take your shoe out on a hot afternoon on a tar road. Burns like crazy.
aa stalked you even in India ?

one question: Was it pre or post TT days?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:09 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:Someone put his hand on my shoulder when i was walking on an isolated colony road. he was on a bicycle. I didn't say or do anything, kept walking. At the end of the road, instead of turning to go away, he turned towards me. I don't know what his intention was, but when he was about 10 feet away from me, I took out my shoe and aimed at him while telling him, 'tu idhar aa', over and over.

aa stalked you even in India ?

one question: Was it pre or post TT days?
During TT days, but that doesn't count. I think I was in third year in college. Was walking back from getting waxed from the salon at the other end of our colony. Funny I even remember what I was wearing that day. A lemony-cream turtleneck sweater that my bua had knit for me, and a brown with golden-print calf-length skirt. Shoes were some-colored flats, don't remember. I came home a little shaky, and my BIL was there too. BIL said I did the right thing as immediate hit-back is what discourages them to do this in future too.

There was one more incidence. This was in first year. I had never travelled in public transportation before.  We had gone to the next township for a Civil Engg project. Bro had dropped me while going. After the project, we hung out with classmates. Most guys went back on their own, while they made the rest of us sit in some mini-bus kind of vehicle. The only other girl in my class was much experienced, so she made the dash for the window seat, while I sat on the aisle.

The mini bus was packed, with some people standing. The guy standing next to me stood facing me and began digging his peepee into my shoulder. But whenever I looked up he would be looking straight ahead as if lost in his own thoughts. I would move away, but every time the bus moved, his peepee would dig back deeper into my shoulder. Friend simply shrugged. After 10 minutes, I could not take it any more. I had heard of groping stories from my Delhi cousins and how they would carry all-pins with them and stick it quietly into any groper who groped them in the bus. So, I knew it's ok to hit back such scums. So, I took my pretty heavy backpack and threw it over my shoulder, as if this is how I keep my backpack every time I travel. Made sure I hit him mildly on his peepee. He turned this time and looked straight ahead instead of facing me for the rest of the trip, but no other expression changed. I kept the backpack over that shoulder for the rest of the 20 minutes anyway, just in case.

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:36 pm

@ vidya

you do not need to worry about memory issues.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:40 pm

seven wrote:@ vidya

you do not need to worry about memory issues.
I think I do. I remember a 20 year old incidence well, but not something that happened 2 weeks ago.

Anyway, on the whole absentmindedness, memory issues, yesterday, went to taco bell drive through, ordered, went to second window, paid, and drove off. 6-7 minutes along the way back I realized that I didn't check the order to see if everything was correct as ordered. Something felt off. and then I realized, I DIDN'T HAVE THE BAG...

Turned around, went back in the restaurant this time. Luckily the girl at the counter recognized me right away and gave me my order. Felt embarrassed to the core specially when on my way out, I heard her yelling to her manager, 'SHE CAME BACK'.

Last edited by Vidya Bagchi on Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:41 pm

damn...you have been traumatized in your younger days....you shuld should have PTSD now....(on Prozac yet?)

Tell me...why were you confused?  why he let go after just a few seconds or if he was really shocked and scared by what he did.

Poor 40 yr old feeds you and you enjoyed being fed and now you think you might have been abused....  I think you should file a complaint with Air India.

Hey I was also abused and traumatized in crowded buses by these college girls...No matter how much I tried to leave a gap they would lean on my at every break and turn.....  My Rama-dom was destroyed right then and there.

No one groped you after you were 14.... why  and why not?
1. Are you on Prozac saar?
2. Perhaps they knew you're safe;) 
3. Rama-dom ....you're married then? chinna vooda? periya vooda? Razz 

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:46 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
The mini bus was packed, with some people standing. The guy standing next to me stood facing me and began digging his peepee into my shoulder. But whenever I looked up he would be looking straight ahead as if lost in his own thoughts. I would move away, but every time the bus moved, his peepee would dig back deeper into my shoulder. Friend simply shrugged. After 10 minutes, I could not take it any more.
You should have told him to keep his "pencil" in his other pocket.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:59 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:I was groped once in india.
only once? you must not be very cute. even kinnera has been groped "dozens of times".

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:02 pm

Bittu wrote:
only once? you must not be very cute. even kinnera has been groped "dozens of times".
you think only cute people get groped? maybe its true when you are the groper. but unfortunately you're not the only groper in the world.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:04 pm

seven wrote:
Bittu wrote:
you think only cute people get groped? maybe its true when you are the groper. but unfortunately you're not the only groper in the world.
Even Groppers have standards and protocol.

Not everyone is Eramilli.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:05 pm

seven wrote:
why don't you tell me exactly who gets groped?

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:07 pm

Bittu wrote:
seven wrote:
why don't you tell me exactly who gets groped?
because i am going out now. bbl. 

peace

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:09 pm

I've been groped a few times in India and I want to think that's because I was a really cute guy in my teens. My friends didn't get groped.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:13 pm

Bittu wrote:I've been groped a few times in India and I want to think that's because I was a really cute guy in my teens. My friends didn't get groped.
By men ?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:15 pm

Yes.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:17 pm

RBittu wrote:I've been groped a few times in India and I want to think that's because I was a really cute guy in my teens. My friends didn't get groped.
It's cute that you want to think this way. But all types of people experience these things.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:20 pm

Hahaha! This thread was boring until a guy claimed he was groped.

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:28 pm

If I ever stop to think about all the kids in India who get left with household help while their parents are away at work or socializing, it gets depressing really quickly. At least half these kids get molested at some point.

I'll say between uncles, neighbors, household help and randoms, most kids in India get subjected to some kind of sexual depravity or the other. Sounds sensationalistic but it's true. Mera Bharat Mahaan madarchod.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponniyin Selvan Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:34 pm

Not just girls or women, even young boys get groped. As a kid I used to travel by train to school and also take what we used to call "lifts" by asking random people travelling by cycle or motorbike to give us a ride to avoid walking. I have had a couple of experiences in train by older men  groping. But the one incident that left a scar was when I asked for a lift and got in the backseat of a young guy riding a two wheeler. While riding , he moved his hand behind his back as if adjusting his pants and touched my genital. I thought it is not intentional and did not mind. But he repeated it a couple of times and I got scared and asked that he stop the vehicle. He stopped , I got down hurriedly and that was the last time I asked for a "lift".

Ponniyin Selvan

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:35 pm

young men get groped on bomay local trains all the time.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponniyin Selvan Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:36 pm

Bittu wrote:If I ever stop to think about all the kids in India who get left with household help while their parents are away at work or socializing, it gets depressing really quickly. At least half these kids get molested at some point.

I'll say between uncles, neighbors, household help and randoms, most kids in India get subjected to some kind of sexual depravity or the other. Sounds sensationalistic but it's true. Mera Bharat Mahaan madarchod.
I totally agree.

Ponniyin Selvan

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:45 pm

Ponniyin Selvan wrote:

Not just girls or women, even young boys get groped. As a kid I used to travel by train to school and also take what we used to call "lifts" by asking random people travelling by cycle or motorbike to give us a ride to avoid walking. I have had a couple of experiences in train by older men  groping. But the one incident that left a scar was when I asked for a lift and got in the backseat of a young guy riding a two wheeler. While riding , he moved his hand behind his back as if adjusting his pants and touched my genital. I thought it is not intentional and did not mind. But he repeated it a couple of times and I got scared and asked that he stop the vehicle. He stopped , I got down hurriedly and that was the last time I asked for a "lift".
why hello, ponni.

oh I know that both men and women get groped.

and I agree with bittu, that one has to be wary of the middlemen: the distant relatives and help. esp during weddings and vacations when there are too many people in the house and parents assume that their kids are safe. I remember smtg vaguely but I've mostly erased it from my mind. but boys and girls are susceptible to it. i know a pretty bad case involving a guy closely related to me, he's perfectly okay and successful but it's there. anyhow, I've never been allowed to do sleepover parties and that sort of thing, and i'm glad i didn't.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:51 pm

nevada wrote:

Good memory!
oh it was good stuff, and two servings of each at high altitude. how could i not remember? and these guys have been serving the same shit for the last 25yrs. the menu, at least the veg menu, has never changed.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:07 pm

Looks like everyone is talking about groping.
Here is my story.
When I was a teenager, we went to a wedding in Vijayawada. In the "vididi" (the place where the invitees stay), I was sleeping in the verandah (on the floor) and noticed in the middle of the night someone butting her leg against my back! First I thought that she was asleep. A few minutes later, the leg got closer and the hand was wraped around me and moved towards my groin. I got scared and moved away. It turned out that she was a married woman who came to the wedding alone.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:53 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:Looks like everyone is talking about groping.
Here is my story.
When I was a teenager, we went to a wedding in Vijayawada. In the "vididi" (the place where the invitees stay), I was sleeping in the verandah (on the floor) and noticed in the middle of the night someone butting her leg against my back! First I thought that she was asleep. A few minutes later, the leg got closer and the hand was wraped around me and moved towards my groin. I got scared and moved away. It turned out that she was a married woman who came to the wedding alone.
Damn....from all these posts it looks like I missed a "normal" teenage life as well...

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:13 am

Here is my story.
Damn....from all these posts it looks like I missed a "normal" teenage life as well...
you scared the gropers away, uppili. how did you do that?

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:59 am

pravalika nanda wrote:
Here is my story.
Nah..the gropers never got an opportunity, that's all. (S)he never stepped out after 8pm.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:05 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:
Here is my story.
Nah..the gropers never got an opportunity, that's all. (S)he never stepped out after 8pm.
hahaha...Look who is coming out into the open after setting Muzafarnagar on a killing spree... So what was your score? Did you achieve the goal set by your Karachi project leader in Hubli?

Did you "serve" them well after they have your Daru ?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:33 am

Here is my story.
Really?? Seduction by an older woman was the stuff my teenage fantasies were built on. Never happened unfortunately.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:11 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
Here is my story.
Really?? Seduction by an older woman was the stuff my teenage fantasies were built on. Never happened unfortunately.
No wonder you serve the old men of Tora Bora.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:27 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
Here is my story.
No wonder you serve the old men of Tora Bora.
You sound very disgruntled, Aunty. Just because VVPP Unkil got scared and moved away from your advances doesn't mean the skies have fallen. Surely, there must be other young lads around that you could try and molest....
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Motor_Mouth Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:08 pm

I was once groped by my female teacher. I emitted a bizarre smile.

Motor_Mouth

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:16 pm

I have a very disturbing story. I usually push it to the back of my mind, but whenever i remember it I get ughed out.

*ugh*

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:02 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:Another time I was on a flight to India, it was probably Air India. I was with my family but we were all in different spots on the plane. I was about 12. This guy next to me took an interest in me, and he actually spoon-fed me all his desserts throughout the flight. He didn't touch me inappropriately but he was about 40 and now that I know better I wouldn't have let it happen.
I have heard all kinds of retarded stuff in my life, but this takes the cake... err, dessert! How can a 12-year-old allow anyone to spoon feed her/him? How can a 12-year-old not know better when it comes to a stranger doing the spoon feeding? Only possible explanation: retarded development. This might actually go a long way towards explaining why a 30+ year old woman's posts often have the maturity levels of a 15-year-old girl's.

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:47 pm

SomeProfile wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:Another time I was on a flight to India, it was probably Air India. I was with my family but we were all in different spots on the plane. I was about 12. This guy next to me took an interest in me, and he actually spoon-fed me all his desserts throughout the flight. He didn't touch me inappropriately but he was about 40 and now that I know better I wouldn't have let it happen.
I have heard all kinds of retarded stuff in my life, but this takes the cake... err, dessert! How can a 12-year-old allow anyone to spoon feed her/him? How can a 12-year-old not know better when it comes to a stranger doing the spoon feeding? Only possible explanation: retarded development. This might actually go a long way towards explaining why a 30+ year old woman's posts often have the maturity levels of a 15-year-old girl's.
no, i did try to take it away from him but he wouldn't let go of the cup and insisted on feeding me.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down