Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tendulkar - the Clutch man

2 posters

Go down

Tendulkar - the Clutch man Empty Tendulkar - the Clutch man

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:55 pm

....on one of the greatest cricketers of all time.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Tendulkar - the Clutch man Empty Re: Tendulkar - the Clutch man

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:12 am

"In the final analysis, Tendulkar may not be the most clutch player India has produced, but that does not diminish him as a cricketer. It just makes him human, like the rest of us"

-> Last paragraph threw me off, he did a 180 after providing stats supporting Sachin's legitimacy.

No matter how hard one tries to portray/defend Sachin as a clutch player, I'm afraid he will not be remembered as one; perceptions are not easy to change, well in this case it's not completely perception, anyone who has followed Indian cricket for a while knows that.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:16 am

confuzzled dude wrote:"In the final analysis, Tendulkar may not be the most clutch player India has produced, but that does not diminish him as a cricketer. It just makes him human, like the rest of us"

-> Last paragraph threw me off, he did a 180 after providing stats supporting Sachin's legitimacy.

No matter how hard one tries to portray/defend Sachin as a clutch player, I'm afraid he will not be remembered as one; perceptions are not easy to change, well in this case it's not completely perception, anyone who has followed Indian cricket for a while knows that.
Most common people go by perceptions and the rest of the intellectuals go by facts and analyses.

Perceptions are that SRT was selfish, played for himself, dragged on denying youngsters opportunities, while Dravid was selfless, played for the team, and quit when he could not perform TO THE LEVEL expected of him.

That is why Dravid gives lectures in Australia, member of MCC, writes columns, and gives speeches while SRT is not and not likely to.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down