Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

non political topics overwhelmed by modi discussions on such

5 posters

Go down

non political topics overwhelmed by modi discussions on such Empty non political topics overwhelmed by modi discussions on such

Post by truthbetold Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:12 pm

I am a political junkie. even i am finding the such site being saturated with modi related posts.
a large portion of them generated by one negative political operative.
then there are few posts supportive of modi .
then there are few posts that are Muslim and anti Pakistan that can be interpreted as pro modi at these time.

Appeal to all posters.
can you limit posting simple repetetive political criticism?
can you post new issues , new data or some new angle?
remember we got another 7 or 8 months Indian national elections.

in the meanwhile about 6billion other people are living. can we also talk about them?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

non political topics overwhelmed by modi discussions on such Empty Re: non political topics overwhelmed by modi discussions on such

Post by Guest Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:17 pm

truthbetold wrote:I am a political junkie. even i am finding the such site being saturated with modi related posts.
then there are few posts that are Muslim and anti Pakistan that can be interpreted as pro modi at these time.

Appeal to all posters.

in the meanwhile about 6billion other people are living. can we also talk about them?
We are about to have an important elections in India so it is natural that there will be lots of discussions on the same. If you don't like these discussions you can go to some other forum or website. Also nobody is stopping you or anyone else from discussing other topics. So stop whining or go away from here.

Back to top Go down

non political topics overwhelmed by modi discussions on such Empty Re: non political topics overwhelmed by modi discussions on such

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:34 pm

truthbetold wrote:I am a political junkie. even i am finding the such site being saturated with modi related posts.

Appeal to all posters.

ok here we go....Will NE monsoon be normal this year?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:38 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

Appeal to all posters.

ok here we go....Will NE monsoon be normal this year?
lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:43 pm

Rash,
every election is important. Discussion is good. however propaganda cannot confused with discussion.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:47 pm

truthbetold wrote:Rash,
every election is important. Discussion is good. however propaganda  cannot confused with discussion.
Propaganda and discussion invariably become intertwined when it comes to politics. That is why PP was seen asking people on this forum to donate money to Arvind Kejriwal's party. But since he is a fellow Gult you will say he was having a discussion and not indulging in propaganda.

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:35 pm

Rash ,
we are aware of some people have impaired ability to discern between sensible and foolish. i am only hoping those with some ability to think and filter out unnecessary and repetetive stuff. I won't be able to change the minds of political operatives, or unwilling people.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:59 pm

modi is a highly divisive figure even within families. my weekly phone calls home have become far more heated than a simple exchange of pleasantries and news about relatives.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by namo Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:21 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:modi is a highly divisive figure even within families. my weekly phone calls home have become far more heated than a simple exchange of pleasantries and news about relatives.
Is it Modi's fault? Modi is to be blamed for that?

namo

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:27 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:modi is a highly divisive figure even within families. my weekly phone calls home have become far more heated than a simple exchange of pleasantries and news about relatives.
>>> That is one of the bad side effects of having advances in communication technology which has made international phone calls so cheap that they are almost free.

If it costs like $10 per minute, would you bring up Modi in your conversation with your relatives back home? The irony is that even people in India who call their relatives within India do not waste time talking about politics. They are likely to inquire about health and other matters which directly affect their families.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:32 pm

Rishi wrote:
>>> That is one of the bad side effects of having advances in communication technology which has made international phone calls so cheap that they are almost free.

If it costs like $10 per minute, would you bring up Modi in your conversation with your relatives back home? The irony is that even people in India who call their relatives within India do not waste time talking about politics. They are likely to inquire about health and other matters which directly affect their families.
what makes you think i brought up modi? and why is this bad?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:55 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Rishi wrote:

what makes you think i brought up modi? and why is this bad?
>>> Imagine for a moment Ramesh from Columbus, Ohio  calls once in two months his family in Madurai. He is talking to his dad who is a diabetic. He is quite likely to ask his dad whether he is taking insulin shots regularly and visits his doctor if there is any problem.  After a few minutes, his dad  hands over the phone to Babu the younger brother. Ramesh inquires Babu how he is doing in college. He also discusses for a few minutes about the ODI match that took place in bangalore few days ago.. Then the conversation veers into talking about Modi. Babu calls Modi's followers Chaddis. Ramesh does not like it. And then he tells his younger brother people who dislike Modi are pseudo-secularists. Finally the conversation ends up being unplesant and leaves both brothers upset who are 10000 miles away from each other. See what happened. Whoever becomes the PM is not going to directly affect either Babu who is in Madurai or Ramesh who is in Ohio. Suppose Babu dies in a car  accident next day. Ramesh will feel miserable that  the last talk he had with his brother ended in an unpleasant manner.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:48 pm

Rishi that is a good story.
max ,
I am ready any time for political discussion. but posting repetitive nonsensical items for or against modi to such the oxygen out of such is the point of discussion
. these posts remind me of that crazy joblessguy .

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:09 pm

truthbetold wrote:Rishi that is a good story.
max ,
I am ready any time for political discussion. but posting repetitive nonsensical items for or against modi to such the oxygen out of such is the point of discussion
. these posts remind me of that crazy  joblessguy .
What you find sensible I might find nonsensical and vice versa. Learn to live and let live. We are all Indians. There is no need to become annoyed if others are discussing topics you are not interested in.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down