Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"stand up I want to see you"...

4 posters

Go down

"stand up I want to see you"... Empty "stand up I want to see you"...

Post by Guest Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:26 am

...said the momsy on facetime. Basically she wanted to see if I am still fat. Cringed at first, but then got up and showed myself. While at it, and encouraged by her beaming expressions, did a little dance too. She seemed happy...

So.... that's the state of affair in the Bagchi household currently, a 40-year-old dancing on the cam for her mom. 

Don't want to make two posts, so... here's my song of the week... Anjoy.

Back to top Go down

"stand up I want to see you"... Empty Re: "stand up I want to see you"...

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:17 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:...said the momsy on facetime. Basically she wanted to see if I am still fat. Cringed at first, but then got up and showed myself. While at it, and encouraged by her beaming expressions, did a little dance too. She seemed happy...

So.... that's the state of affair in the Bagchi household currently, a 40-year-old dancing on the cam for her mom. 

Hahaha...better than dancing "to" husband or wife....

My wife informed me she was renting a scooter in Madras. Never rode a scooter in her life and she thinks she can learn, ride, and roam around the crowded shopping areas of Madras.

These "Get Well" cards are getting costlier.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:04 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:...said the momsy on facetime. Basically she wanted to see if I am still fat. Cringed at first, but then got up and showed myself. While at it, and encouraged by her beaming expressions, did a little dance too. She seemed happy...

Hahaha...better than dancing "to" husband or wife....

My wife informed me she was renting a scooter in Madras. Never rode a scooter in her life and she thinks she can learn, ride, and roam around the crowded shopping areas of Madras.

These "Get Well" cards are getting costlier.
>>>You can rent a scooter in Madras? I am even afraid to go in a rented car.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:08 pm

>> And I thought we were going to be treated to your dance routine in the clip.. False advertising alert! Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:26 pm

Kris wrote:>>>You can rent a scooter in Madras? I am even afraid to go in a rented car.

Here...scroll down...Rs 5,000 to 6,000 a month.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:47 pm

Based on the accidents in Chennai it is totally unwise/risky to ride on motorcycle/scooters. You better off hiring a call taxi/autos. I am still thinking that I/we were lucky in not getting into any accident for my 2 month+ driving (first time driving in India) on my recent trip.

Can Bagchi dance like this? It looks like some sort of exercise:)

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:04 pm

FluteHolder wrote:Based on the accidents in Chennai it is totally unwise/risky to ride on motorcycle/scooters. You better off hiring a call taxi/autos.
Did I ask you to describe my wife?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:48 pm

Hey,
I thought you were reposting this interesting short story
I am Standing Up in My Heart!
http://www.tamiltribune.com/12/0202.html

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:11 pm

haha @ FH. No am not a good dancer, but I guess not too bad too. I can move, but on some moves I lack the gracefulness, while on some moves, I am decent.

While doing dishes today, put some 80's music on and began pelvic thrusts mixed in with twists. When older gave me the side-eye, I said, 'What, I am dancing like John Travolta. You know him? The mom in Hairspray'. She nodded and continued with her chatting+iPading+homework. Then I broke into a bhangra, like they teach in the zumba class. Younger walked by and goes, 'Mommy!! that is so intense'. That's his way of saying, 'I am feeling somewhat awed, not sure if it is from the awesomeness or awfulness'. Anyway, older recorded 10 seconds of my dance but just before she was going to snapchat it to her friends (they think we are the most hilarious family as something comic or interesting is always happening with us), she made the mistake of telling me. Wrestled the phone out of her hands, but since I am not familiar with the app, I ended up deleting the video instead of watching it. Oh well, amidst all this, XH came back home, and now all is back to sober. Older did tell him, 'Mommy has a lot of fun when you are not home'. 

The "real" reason why I am doing all this, [ie, dancing, posting, etc etc], is, (ya i am my own psychoanalyst lately), I learned something highly disturbing 2 days ago (which I can't tell anyone), and have a newfound admiration and hope for my dad... Once I am able to process it all out, I might go back to being peaceful... so, help me God.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:18 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
The "real" reason why I am doing all this, [ie, dancing, posting, etc etc], is, (ya i am my own psychoanalyst lately), I learned something highly disturbing 2 days ago (which I can't tell anyone), and have a newfound admiration and hope for my dad... Once I am able to process it all out, I might go back to being peaceful... so, help me God.
Come out with it... you already know you want to tell and get it out of your mind....

so tell na...

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down