Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did Saamiyaar post that comment? I agree with it Kompletely

3 posters

Go down

Did Saamiyaar post that comment? I agree with it Kompletely Empty Did Saamiyaar post that comment? I agree with it Kompletely

Post by Rishi Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:38 am

The author is still caught up in the romantic ideas that marriages should be only for love.

Marriages are contracts - simple as that - support each other for mutual benefit, some might do it solely to create their progeny, some might do it for security. Love might not be the purpose of a some marriages at all. Who is to decide what's wrong and what's right?

The author is trivialising the purpose of marriage, and is caught up in some naive ideas; needs to look around her a bit more.
Posted on: Oct 9, 2013 at 01:21 IST

http://www.thehindu.com/opinion/open-page/not-for-arranged-marriage/article5204945.ece

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Did Saamiyaar post that comment? I agree with it Kompletely Empty Re: Did Saamiyaar post that comment? I agree with it Kompletely

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:11 am

Rishi wrote:The author is still caught up in the romantic ideas that marriages should be only for love.

Marriages are contracts - simple as that - support each other for mutual benefit, some might do it solely to create their progeny, some might do it for security. Love might not be the purpose of a some marriages at all. Who is to decide what's wrong and what's right?

The author is trivialising the purpose of marriage, and is caught up in some naive ideas; needs to look around her a bit more.

http://www.thehindu.com/opinion/open-page/not-for-arranged-marriage/article5204945.ece
Yep..I am Rahim...Razz The muslman used the word "Contract" as is defined in iSlam.

I define it as a "merger" with expectation of a win-win situation (which quickly falls short on both sides). The ones that fall in love don't look into the other potentially complex conflicts, and hormonally overconfident. This QUICKLY dissipates often within 1 year. Perhaps, the best option is to wait till 25 to 30 and then have a love-marriage. Hopefully, the couple is mature enough and overcome some challenges by then to make a proper partner decision. Arranged marriage at 28 to 30 is quite difficult as the couple (quite set in their views) will feel awkward to adjust to totally new people.

Anyway...finance, jobs, kids, materialism and status consciousness make marriages even more challenging and short on happiness (forget about lasting love crap).

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Did Saamiyaar post that comment? I agree with it Kompletely Empty Re: Did Saamiyaar post that comment? I agree with it Kompletely

Post by Kris Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:48 am

Rishi wrote:The author is still caught up in the romantic ideas that marriages should be only for love.

>>>These khap idiots need to be hanged. They are as dangerous as the Taliban thugs. The Author sounds like she is in high school. Marriage and success or failure in it are complicated and there could be  a multitude of reasons for this. There is no one panacea.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:13 am

Kris wrote:

>>>These khap idiots need to be hanged. They are as dangerous as the Taliban thugs. The Author sounds like she is in high school. Marriage and success or failure in it are complicated and there could be  a multitude of reasons for this. There is no one panacea.
These Pan-chewing Khaps are spread evenly in very village in Naarth India and many in South India (Dharmapuri case is one example - WTF happened to that case?).

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down