Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

mind-control applications

4 posters

Go down

mind-control applications Empty mind-control applications

Post by pravalika nanda Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:10 pm

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/08/130829-mind-brain-control-robot-brainwave-eeg-3d-printing-music/

this is an old article from NG but I only saw it now. it tells us some of the things we can do if we hook up EEG sensors to someone's scalp and then hook up the EEG to computer software that will actually pull up the notes for us and then we can hear the music we just composed in our heads. So even if Ilayaraja got paralysed, he would have no excuse to not meet his deadline for an assignment.

And of course the possibilities for people with disabilities are numerous - take a kid with cerebral palsy or someone with a prosthetic leg and suddenly help them feel things or sense a smell. I swear a few years ago I was talking to this friend of mine who was doing her comp sci phd and I was telling her this...that there must be a way to hook up sensors between the brain and a computer to communicate thoughts and feelings. I had brought it up cuz we had been talking about this story of a guy who had become a quadriplegic and the only motor activity he had left was the ability to blink to communicate and that's how he tells his story which later went on to be made into a movie which all the sobby, sentimental types watch. She said, no, such a thing is not possible. She looked at me like I was in la-la land. Hey, guess what I was just ahead of the times.

So anyhow a fellow like that can potentially sing for us: EEG sensors--> music/speech software and speakers.

Or if any of you indian guys need to go out on a date, you can use this software to get her to say yes. Elevators and public buses are so yesterday. Hmm, actually...

alright, ciao.

Last edited by pravalika nanda on Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sp)

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

mind-control applications Empty Re: mind-control applications

Post by Hellsangel Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:11 pm

Hey Janice. Here is news that you could use:

http://www.today.com/health/egg-agents-recruit-women-sell-their-eggs-2D11658569
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:13 pm

hi PN.

How's the dating shating going on this holiday season. anyone caught ur fancy yet?

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:19 pm

Hellsangel wrote:Hey Janice. Here is news that you could use:

oh my, you're too kind. let me know if anyone's advertising for the eggs of a 35-yr-old telugu woman, non-ivy league, city schools-graduate. mmuah!

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:20 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:

oh my, you're too kind. let me know if anyone's advertising for the eggs of a 35-yr-old telugu woman, non-ivy league, city schools-graduate. mmuah!
You were 34 not too long ago. Did you celebrate your birthday recently? Belated happy birthday!
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:33 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:hi PN.

How's the dating shating going on this holiday season. anyone caught ur fancy yet?
very good question, i'll get around to it another time. but vidya bachi, just think, you could just sit down and make other people do your chores. there's plenty of potential for child, spousal and elder abuse here.

you know what I'd like, I'd like to fool some guy: "honey, come here, let me put all these sensors on you and give you a very nice, relaxing scalp massage while I'm at it in this lavender-scented room designed by a feng-shui/vassthu expert ," and stimulate your brain so you (if he's a tam-b or smtg) become the top guy at goldman-sachs or soc gen (wait, even a tam-b can't get there) and in the meanwhile I will zap his limbic system so hard that he will beg to marry me. On the other hand we should really use this technology to improve electro-convulsive therapy which is a really primitive way to treat depression - I'm not sure, it's not really my world. Or if someone has amnesia if we can recover important memories.

Okay, I gotta make myself tea and study a little bit.

what do you want to do with all this, mrs bagchi?

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:36 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:

You were 34 not too long ago. Did you celebrate your birthday recently? Belated happy birthday!
um, yes, thank you!

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:43 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:hi PN.

very good question, i'll get around to it another time. but vidya bachi, just think, you could just sit down and make other people do your chores. there's plenty of potential for child, spousal and elder abuse here.

you know what I'd like, I'd like to fool some guy: "honey, come here, let me put all these sensors on you and give you a very nice, relaxing scalp massage while I'm at it in this lavender-scented room designed by a feng-shui/vassthu expert ," and stimulate your brain so you (if he's a tam-b or smtg) become the top guy at goldman-sachs or soc gen (wait, even a tam-b can't get there) and in the meanwhile I will zap his limbic system so hard that he will beg to marry me. On the other hand we should really use this technology to improve electro-convulsive therapy which is a really primitive way to treat depression - I'm not sure, it's not really my world. Or if someone has amnesia if we can recover important memories.

Okay, I gotta make myself tea and study a little bit.

what do you want to do with all this, mrs bagchi?
I am not a mrs. (even though I am behaving like a mrs lately). Ms is fine, thank you!

I am against primitive ect for depression. Not sure if it works or not, but have heard horror stories. For the same reason (the science behind it) I would be highly skeptical of its use to treat amnesia as well. Time will tell.

Regarding manipulations. Well, the biggest high of my life is to see people (the guy and the kids and the fam) want me coz they want me. Have some sort of ego that way. Doctoring it would steal me off the biggest thrill of my life. I would rather try to win their hearts or deal with rejection.

Happy b'day! You scorpio? I know someone who found THE one after her 35th b'day. Now she has two kids, etc. So ya, envying-ly happy for my wishes for you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:12 pm

PN,

I wish I was young enough to marry you.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:26 pm

Rishi wrote:PN,

what about the persian guy? you dumped him?

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:54 pm

bw wrote:

>>>Of course. The Persian guy is nothing compared to PN.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:56 pm

Rishi wrote:
bw wrote:

>>>Of course. The Persian guy is nothing compared to PN.
you know what they say - a bird, i mean, persian, in the hand is worth two...

don't be hasty.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down