Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

T N Seshan on the 1965 anti Hindi agitation in Tamil Nadu

2 posters

Go down

T N Seshan on the 1965 anti Hindi agitation in Tamil Nadu Empty T N Seshan on the 1965 anti Hindi agitation in Tamil Nadu

Post by Guest Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:55 am

Similarly, referring to the 1965 anti-Hindi agitation in Tamil Nadu, T N Seshan once observed, “Mobs of illiterate and semi-literate Tamil people, mostly poor, lapsed into fits of fury in the cause of so remote a language, English.”

Back to top Go down

T N Seshan on the 1965 anti Hindi agitation in Tamil Nadu Empty Re: T N Seshan on the 1965 anti Hindi agitation in Tamil Nadu

Post by Kayalvizhi Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:11 am

>>> in the cause of so remote a language, English

One of the stupidest things I have read. He is by no means stupid. Its what we call intellectual hood winking, He is knowingly writing something stupid hoping the stupid people in the population will buy it. At least he seemns to have found a buyer.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

T N Seshan on the 1965 anti Hindi agitation in Tamil Nadu Empty Re: T N Seshan on the 1965 anti Hindi agitation in Tamil Nadu

Post by Rishi Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:14 pm

Kayalvizhi wrote:>>> in the cause of so remote a language, English

One of the stupidest things I have read. He is by no means stupid. Its what we call intellectual hood winking, He is knowingly writing something stupid hoping the stupid people in the population will buy it. At least he seemns to have found a buyer.

>>> KV by writing the above passage has voiced his opinion with absolute clarity. I wonder what other handle he uses in SuCH.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down