Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why do the rich Indians give so much money to Harvard?

2 posters

Go down

Why do the rich Indians give so much money to Harvard? Empty Why do the rich Indians give so much money to Harvard?

Post by Rishi Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:32 pm

http://news.outlookindia.com/items.aspx?artid=820691

>>> This man could have built lot of primary schools in India for that kind of money.

Last edited by Rishi on Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Why do the rich Indians give so much money to Harvard? Empty Re: Why do the rich Indians give so much money to Harvard?

Post by Petrichor Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:36 pm

How much would you give someone that taught you how to think and changed your earlier way of deficient thinking?

(i wrote the above before reading the link)

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Why do the rich Indians give so much money to Harvard? Empty Re: Why do the rich Indians give so much money to Harvard?

Post by Rishi Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:41 pm

Petrichor wrote:How much would you give someone that taught you how to think and changed your earlier way of deficient thinking?

(i wrote the above before reading the link)

>>>Elliot Spitzer went to Harvard. A great thinker I guess.

Ted Kaczynski, the Unabomber also went to Harvard. Look what his Harvard training in thinking did for him.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:49 pm

Spitzer - a moral failing
Kaczynski - mental illness

what's thinking got to do with it?

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:03 pm

Petrichor wrote:Spitzer - a moral failing
Kaczynski - mental illness

what's thinking got to do with it?

>>>If Spitzer seriously thought about the morality of his actions, he would not have done what he did. So it has something to do with thinking. Think whether what you do is right or wrong.

I will give you a break on Kaczynski.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:08 pm

Anyways, Spitzer is an exception - in general, the school does a good job of teaching 'how to think'. You should admit that much. (trying Rishi'ism Smile )

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down