Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

this iyer really needs to be smacked on his bottom

+2
Hellsangel
MaxEntropy_Man
6 posters

Go down

this iyer really needs to be smacked on his bottom Empty this iyer really needs to be smacked on his bottom

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:32 pm

http://www.outlookindia.com/article.aspx?281668

Democracy in America apparently means the right of the lower orders to be rude to their social superiors. This goes by the name of “customer care”.

lower orders? social superiors? who the heck does he think he is?

upper middle class indians who haven't spent much time abroad are some of the most pampered and uppity people on the planet. they put the british aristocracy to shame. a year or two of toiling in the united states or canada as graduate students who have to fend for themselves turns them into much nicer people.

this article led me there to the one about iyer:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/dec/17/india-us-row-diplomat-khobragade-escalates?commentpage=1
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

this iyer really needs to be smacked on his bottom Empty Re: this iyer really needs to be smacked on his bottom

Post by Hellsangel Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:35 pm

Why do you spell Aiyar as Iyer, Il Professor-ai?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

this iyer really needs to be smacked on his bottom Empty Re: this iyer really needs to be smacked on his bottom

Post by Rishi Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:37 pm

>>>The first article is a couple of years old.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:39 pm

Hellsangel wrote:Why do you spell Aiyar as Iyer, Il Professor-ai?

aiyar? that's how he spells his name? LOL! i hope that makes him feel better than the people who are merely lowly iyers. he after all is an ai-yaaar. i wonder if he knows pertie, thapar's doon school friend.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:40 pm

Rishi wrote:>>>The first article is a couple of years old.

i know, but it was referenced in the more recent guardian article which made me look it up. it's new to me because i hadn't read it.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:41 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:http://www.outlookindia.com/article.aspx?281668

Democracy in America apparently means the right of the lower orders to be rude to their social superiors. This goes by the name of “customer care”.

lower orders? social superiors? who the heck does he think he is?

upper middle class indians who haven't spent much time abroad are some of the most pampered and uppity people on the planet. they put the british aristocracy to shame. a year or two of toiling in the united states or canada as graduate students who have to fend for themselves turns them into much nicer people.

this article led me there to the one about iyer:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/dec/17/india-us-row-diplomat-khobragade-escalates?commentpage=1

>>> Sashi Tharoor was also a graduate student at Tufts University. I don't know what good it did for him. He did not want to fly cattle class.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:21 pm

mani shankar aiyayyo aiyar and meena kandasamy will make a fine pair.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:49 pm

bw wrote:mani shankar aiyayyo aiyar and meena kandasamy will make a fine pair.

haha!
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:17 pm

Doesn't this Aiyer mama have a PakiSaitani SIL ?

The man could not win a Panchayat election on his own and became a bigwig just by being a loyal dog to Rajiv. PC killed him politically, and now this Mama wants to show off that he traveled by business class. This is a good example of the disjoint between the upper middle class India and the one below them.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:25 pm

this guy passed on getting his salad tossed? sounds way too uptight

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down