Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sonia calls Lalu to greet him on release from jail, speculation mounts on Lalu-Congress-Paswan alliance in Bihar (such an alliance will decimate a divided Nitish and BJP)

4 posters

Go down

Sonia calls Lalu to greet him on release from jail, speculation mounts on Lalu-Congress-Paswan alliance in Bihar (such an alliance will decimate a divided Nitish and BJP) Empty Sonia calls Lalu to greet him on release from jail, speculation mounts on Lalu-Congress-Paswan alliance in Bihar (such an alliance will decimate a divided Nitish and BJP)

Post by Guest Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:22 pm

PATNA: RJD president Lalu Prasad's claim that Congress chief Sonia Gandhi called him up to extend her greetings on his release from Ranchi jail has led to speculation about possible pre-poll tie-up among RJD, Congress and LJP in Bihar.

Soon after reaching home from Ranchi around midnight on Tuesday, Prasad said, "Congress president Sonia Gandhi telephoned me after my release and expressed her happiness over my release."

Apparently enthused by Sonia's call, Prasad said he would work hard to forge an alliance with all secular parties to ensure defeat of communal forces in the next Lok Sabha polls. "Now that I am out on bail, talks on alliance with secular parties will be initiated," he said.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/patna/Sonia-calls-Lalu-to-greet-him-on-release-from-jail/articleshow/27608738.cms?

Back to top Go down

Sonia calls Lalu to greet him on release from jail, speculation mounts on Lalu-Congress-Paswan alliance in Bihar (such an alliance will decimate a divided Nitish and BJP) Empty Re: Sonia calls Lalu to greet him on release from jail, speculation mounts on Lalu-Congress-Paswan alliance in Bihar (such an alliance will decimate a divided Nitish and BJP)

Post by goodcitizn Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:40 pm

The frickin' criminal Lalu ought to be barred from politics. Shame on Sonia for pandering to this scumbag.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Sonia calls Lalu to greet him on release from jail, speculation mounts on Lalu-Congress-Paswan alliance in Bihar (such an alliance will decimate a divided Nitish and BJP) Empty Re: Sonia calls Lalu to greet him on release from jail, speculation mounts on Lalu-Congress-Paswan alliance in Bihar (such an alliance will decimate a divided Nitish and BJP)

Post by Guest Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:47 pm

goodcitizn wrote:The frickin' criminal Lalu ought to be barred from politics. Shame on Sonia for pandering to this scumbag.

If Lalu is a criminal then so are JJ, MuKa, Azhagiri, et al.

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:57 pm

Rashmun wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:The frickin' criminal Lalu ought to be barred from politics. Shame on Sonia for pandering to this scumbag.

Sure they are all tainted. Azhagiri even has a murder rap. Sonia is no saint either. Yet Lalu was convicted. According to SC he shouldn't be allowed to run.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:03 pm

goodcitizn wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

Sure they are all tainted. Azhagiri even has a murder rap. Sonia is no saint either. Yet Lalu was convicted. According to SC he shouldn't be allowed to run.

If tomorrow JJ gets convicted in one of the ongoing corruption cases against her will she become a political untouchable? I think not.

Further, Lalu's conviction is by a lower court. It is possible the conviction could be set aside by a higher court.

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:02 pm

Congress passed a law to allow all these criminal elements to contest elections. Congress logic is it will take 20 years to complete the legal process including appeals. So paving laloo and soren types to contest, no corruption charges or convictions will ever come in the power grab.Congress by passing this law has pushed Indian politics one more level into gutter.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:34 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Further, Lalu's conviction is by a lower court. It is possible the conviction could be set aside by a higher court.

It's a pity you are making excuses for him. SC doesn't distinguish between lower and higher courts but has ruled that those who are convicted are ineligible to run for political office. I hope Lokpal gets enough clout such that all corrupt politicians are convicted of their crimes and made ineligible to partake in elections including those in TN.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:39 pm

goodcitizn wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

It's a pity you are making excuses for him. SC doesn't distinguish between lower and higher courts but has ruled that those who are convicted are ineligible to run for political office. I hope Lokpal gets enough clout such that all corrupt politicians are convicted of their crimes and made ineligible to partake in elections including those in TN.

the alliance is not with Lalu but with his party. His party will get the votes irrespective of whether Lalu personally runs for election or not. As i pointed out in an earlier post, Lalu's party has a solid vote percentage in Bihar. and with nitish and bjp divided, the lalu-congress (and maybe paswan) alliance looks all set to decimate nitish and bjp.

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:48 pm

Rashmun wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

the alliance is not with Lalu but with his party. His party will get the votes irrespective of whether Lalu personally runs for election or not. As i pointed out in an earlier post, Lalu's party has a solid vote percentage in Bihar. and with nitish and bjp divided, the lalu-congress (and maybe paswan) alliance looks all set to decimate nitish and bjp.

Not according to the title of your post. Now you are equivocating.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:52 pm

goodcitizn wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

if you want an alliance with Lalu's party it is with the consent of Lalu. If some political party wants an alliance with AIADMK it will have to be with the consent of JJ. If some party wants an alliance with YSR Congress it is with the consent of Jagan.

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:02 pm

Rashmun wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

if you want an alliance with Lalu's party it is with the consent of Lalu. If some political party wants an alliance with AIADMK it will have to be with the consent of JJ. If some party wants an alliance with YSR Congress it is with the consent of Jagan.

That's why I said Sonia was shameless in pandering to this scumbag sentenced to five years in the fodder scam, now out on bail.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:12 pm

goodcitizn wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

That's why I said Sonia was shameless in pandering to this scumbag sentenced to five years in the fodder scam, now out on bail.

is it your contention then that Narendra Modi is also shameless?

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/reasons-for-narendra-modis-deafening-silence-over-convicted-politicos/426899-37-64.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:14 pm

douchemun always has his agenda but he never comes out and admits to it like others of his ilk. that's what makes him a dishonest douchebag

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:17 pm

Rashmun wrote:

is it your contention then that Narendra Modi is also shameless?[/quote]

I am not a fan of Modi. But that is not relevant to this discussion.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:19 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:douchemun always has his agenda but he never comes out and admits to it like others of his ilk. that's what makes him a dishonest douchebag

anyone who comments on political issues has a certain leaning and i have been very clear and open about the fact that as of  today i lean towards the Congress in the contemporary Indian political scenario and i have given my reasons for this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:21 pm

Rashmun - Sonia is foolish to go for alliance with crooks. If the results in 4 states are not sinking into her thick skull, no one will help her or her moronic son in 2014. Whatever CONs gained by passing the Lokpal bill will evaporate if she goes for unholy alliances. Chauchesku and Marie Antoinette should watch out!

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:23 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:Rashmun - Sonia is foolish to go for alliance with crooks. If the results in 4 states are not sinking into her thick skull, no one will help her or her moronic son in 2014. Whatever CONs gained by passing the Lokpal bill will evaporate if she goes for unholy alliances. Chauchesku and Marie Antoinette should watch out!

No i think the alliance with Lalu is very much on the cards. If they manage the alliance and the campaign well, they could ensure that the BJP ends up with a grand total of less than 5 seats out of the total 40 seats in Bihar. Breaking up with Nitish in Bihar will prove to be a huge setback for the BJP.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:25 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:Rashmun - Sonia is foolish to go for alliance with crooks. If the results in 4 states are not sinking into her thick skull, no one will help her or her moronic son in 2014. Whatever CONs gained by passing the Lokpal bill will evaporate if she goes for unholy alliances. Chauchesku and Marie Antoinette should watch out!

What about jagan, karnunanidhi, jayalalitha, Chandrababu Naidu, Yeddyurappa, etc etc. You don't become a political untouchable in the indian scenario just because you have allegedly indulged in some corruption.

Last edited by Rashmun on Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:27 pm

You are diverting the topic.

What is CBN convicted for?

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:35 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:You are diverting the topic.

What is CBN convicted for?

conviction for corruption is just a technicality. voters are not fools. on another note there are ministers in the narendra modi cabinet who have corruption cases ongoing against them and in the case of one such minister the guy has actually been convicted but continues to remain minister.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down