Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

decided

+4
Hellsangel
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Another Brick
harharmahadev
8 posters

Go down

decided Empty decided

Post by Guest Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:33 pm

don't want to be sounding cocky or overconfident. in fact this decision is freaking me out big time. Knowing the job market is very bad and I may not get anything for 2-3 months, even more.....

I am still giving my resignation on Monday, when manager gets back from vacation. The only two reasons that would make me stop/postpone it is if, (God forbid) husband or I get let go before that. Well, it's better if I am let go, coz atleast I would get some severance.

Told husband, planned it financially, and am giving the notice. Just making this decision is helping me pass my day today. Hoping it gets only better.

Back to top Go down

decided Empty Re: decided

Post by Guest Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:34 pm

Your job sounds very stressful, better to quit than pay the doctors and ruin your health. Your intuition is sending you a red flag. You will have no regrets, but enjoy being a stay-at-home mother and relax till the economy gets better. sunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:44 pm

Priya wrote:Your job sounds very stressful, better to quit than pay the doctors and ruin your health. Your intuition is sending you a red flag. You will have no regrets, but enjoy being a stay-at-home mother and relax till the economy gets better. sunny

Thanks Krips. Will take some time to start calling you Priya...

Talking in Mumbaiya, I guess I have truly 'khasak gayi upar ke maale mein'. Hope I find something better by Fall. Won't be able to sustain otherwise. May take a plunge and do small odd jobs this time. Have always have had a fascination to experience that part of life too. Like bag groceries at Shoprite. Or stack up books in a library. And this is my favorite, stand at a cart in a mall selling perfumes, while snootily reading a book on kindle. I don't know, will see.

Something less whimsical would be to go for short term consulting gigs. Will keep me in touch, and I will get my breaks. Or as much as I hate qa and qa'ers, I might do those short term if well paid. Let's see.

Back to top Go down

Post by harharmahadev Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:00 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:
Priya wrote:Your job sounds very stressful, better to quit than pay the doctors and ruin your health. Your intuition is sending you a red flag. You will have no regrets, but enjoy being a stay-at-home mother and relax till the economy gets better. sunny

Talking in Mumbaiya, I guess I have truly 'khasak gayi upar ke maale mein'. Hope I find something better by Fall. Won't be able to sustain otherwise. May take a plunge and do small odd jobs this time. Have always have had a fascination to experience that part of life too. Like bag groceries at Shoprite. Or stack up books in a library. And this is my favorite, stand at a cart in a mall selling perfumes, while snootily reading a book on kindle. I don't know, will see.

Something less whimsical would be to go for short term consulting gigs. Will keep me in touch, and I will get my breaks. Or as much as I hate qa and qa'ers, I might do those short term if well paid. Let's see.

What would you like to be doing?

harharmahadev

http://www.desichatter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:05 pm

harharmahadev wrote:
What would you like to be doing?

For now, nothing except the usual stuff for kids and home. Need to think this through. Dunno how many years of IT/programming I have left, specially when I am not too great in keeping up with new stuff, and when you change jobs often, this hits you in the face.

I have zero interest in moving to management, or else I would have gone up this path a long time ago. I do need to change my line of work at some point or another, but I am not skilled for anything else.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:23 pm

[quote="Tracy Whitney"]

Tracy, it is ok to call me Krips, I was going to reveal myself eventually, but you did it for me. Please don't take a job as cashier or bagger in grocery store. It is a nightmare! better to start as a volunteer in your daughter's elementary school.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:37 pm

Priya wrote: better to start as a volunteer in your daughter's elementary school.

No can do. I have a certain aversion to being stared at by a group of people. I suddenly become aware that my underwear might be showing or something.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:59 pm

Trace, whatever you do, go slow. Don't go from the frying pan into the fire. BTW, I guess the house keeper will lose her job when you quit yours? Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:26 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:No can do. I have a certain aversion to being stared at by a group of people. I suddenly become aware that my ********* might be showing or something.

LOL! i also don't like attention but not for the reasons you mention.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:38 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:don't want to be sounding cocky or overconfident. in fact this decision is freaking me out big time. Knowing the job market is very bad and I may not get anything for 2-3 months, even more.....

I am still giving my resignation on Monday, when manager gets back from vacation. The only two reasons that would make me stop/postpone it is if, (God forbid) husband or I get let go before that. Well, it's better if I am let go, coz atleast I would get some severance.

Told husband, planned it financially, and am giving the notice. Just making this decision is helping me pass my day today. Hoping it gets only better.

My tapas is saying that you will be given a promotion with a huge raise tomorrow.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:21 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:don't want to be sounding cocky or overconfident. in fact this decision is freaking me out big time. Knowing the job market is very bad and I may not get anything for 2-3 months, even more.....

My tapas is saying that you will be given a promotion with a huge raise tomorrow.

Hey. I could use some good luck too. Can you transmit some of your tapas this way too?

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:26 am

nutmeg wrote:

Hey. I could use some good luck too. Can you transmit some of your tapas this way too?
No Spanish restaurants around?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by .|Sublime|. Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:40 am

Hellsangel wrote:
nutmeg wrote:

No Spanish restaurants around?

there probably are but none under a tree.

.|Sublime|.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:56 am

what is tapas? anyways, there are no mid year promotions or raises. husband was y'day trying to lure me with company doing ok, and possible bonus. But I am surprised that I am still thinking of going through with it. Usually I get busy and change my mind, but inspite of a fruitful day, I still want to go ahead with it.

I must be losing my mind. If I am, then so be it. Atleast I will know next time not to lose my mind like this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:02 am

thapas is uncle uppili's attempt at humor - it's like a curse or something.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:32 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:thapas is uncle uppili's attempt at humor - it's like a curse or something.

Son:

Meditation and doing God's work is not humor. It is the path to nirvana. I have certain powers which I am expected to use only for the good of others and this humanity. Since Shrimathi Trivedi is a favorite of this "community" she deserves God's help in overcoming her difficulties, and I decided to use some of my Vibhuti power.

As my Guru ji Sri Sri Dr. Commander Selvam likes to say "expect nothing but the good heart of your Disciplees"

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:56 am

maybe your thapas is working Sad got off a call that began exciting me. But I know inspite of a good day, those many many bad days loom large.

It's like your hair look the best on the day you are about to go get them cut. You feel tempted to maybe keep them this way, but you still go ahead with the cut coz you know those split ends will show their ugly face soon again.

Back to top Go down

Post by .|Sublime|. Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:08 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:maybe your thapas is working Sad got off a call that began exciting me. But I know inspite of a good day, those many many bad days loom large.

It's like your hair look the best on the day you are about to go get them cut. You feel tempted to maybe keep them this way, but you still go ahead with the cut coz you know those split ends will show their ugly face soon again.

when split ends show, you get a trim. not a cut. that would be going a bit overboard, don't you think?
wow! unbelievable!...i bet you didn't even realize the symbolism! Razz

.|Sublime|.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:12 am

Am not going to go technical on this - split ends, huge split ends (Has happened to me), frizzy ends, etc...

as long as you got the point.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:13 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:Am not going to go technical on this - split ends, huge split ends (Has happened to me), frizzy ends, etc...

Stop splitting hairs on this one.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:55 am

Hellsangel wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:Am not going to go technical on this - split ends, huge split ends (Has happened to me), frizzy ends, etc...

Stop splitting hairs on this one.

eeeeeeeeew

aside - just couldn't resist

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:11 pm

garam_kuta wrote:

eeeeeeeeew

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/split%20hairs

#4.

Looks like your master has not trained you well.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:25 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:

eeeeeeeeew

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/split%20hairs

#4.

Looks like your master has not trained you well.

master again? cho chekchist No

ha ha ha - calling out thrice Shocked

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_plural_of_hair
Hair is both singular and plural.

"The hair on your head" refers to all the individual hairs. But, as the last word in the previous sentence shows, there is also a plural when referring to some particular hairs.

"The only man had long hairs growing from his ears."

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_plural_of_hair#ixzz1SBwDBWE5

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:29 pm

garam_kuta wrote:

Ay ay ay ay! You kuta you!
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:35 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:

Ay ay ay ay! You kuta you!

attention: admin - we need an emoticon for 'innocence'

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:18 pm

What is your average duration in a job? I have had 4 jobs in 14 years. Wondering if that is more or less.
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down