Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what are the ingredients to be a good wife?

+6
smArtha
Petrichor
indophile
harharmahadev
Bittu
Propagandhi711
10 posters

Go down

what are the ingredients to be a good wife? Empty what are the ingredients to be a good wife?

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:46 am

Back to top Go down

what are the ingredients to be a good wife? Empty Re: what are the ingredients to be a good wife?

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:48 am

good b00bs?
fighter?

Back to top Go down

what are the ingredients to be a good wife? Empty Re: what are the ingredients to be a good wife?

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:49 am

listens, serves, spreads & doesnt talk much

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:49 am

1. big thuns.
2. child bearing hips.
3. BJ lips.
4. strong desire to wh0re it up in the bedroom.
5. can make a few different kinds of sandwiches.

that is all.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by harharmahadev Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:59 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:listens, serves, spreads & doesnt talk much

She should be a good cook, a good maid, a good masseuse, a good fuck, not be a nag and bring in a lot of dowry! She should respect the male mindset and behave accordingly.

harharmahadev

http://www.desichatter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:01 pm

harharmahadev wrote:

She should be a good cook, a good maid, a good masseuse, a good fuck, not be a nag and bring in a lot of dowry!  She should respect the male mindset and behave accordingly.

I would amend that to good lovemaker....I believe in not being crude about such things.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekz Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:22 pm

"As for the subject matter of this discussion itself, i refuse to engage with you masala maami tracy cos *i* being another masala maami know that you do not have honest intention but an agenda "  Twisted Evil 
Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

Post by harharmahadev Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:23 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
harharmahadev wrote:

She should be a good cook, a good maid, a good masseuse, a good fuck, not be a nag and bring in a lot of dowry!  She should respect the male mindset and behave accordingly.

I would amend that to good lovemaker....I believe in not being crude about such things.

Point taken ...I did sound a tad insensitive. Lovemaker is good, or coital arts perhaps? She doesn't have to be an expert. She should be eager to learn. If she has questions, she should ask!

harharmahadev

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:28 pm

Couple of Sanskrit verses on the subject.

anukoolaam, vimalaangeem, kulajaam, susheela-sampannaam,
Pancha “la”-kaaraam bhaaryaam. Purushah puNYdayaallabhate.

Men get a five-“la” adorned wife – easy to get along, clean featured, of the same caste, loving, good-natured – through to good deeds done in the past.

kaaryEshu daasee, karaNEshu mantree, 
roopEcha lakshmee, kshamayaa dharitree,
bhojyEsu maataa, shayanEshu Rambhaa,
shat-karma-yuktaa kula dharmapatnee.

A wife should be good at 6 things - obey your orders like a servant, should counsel you like minister, should look like goddess Lakshmi, should be as forgiving as the mother earth, should feed you like your mother, and should be as skilled as the Apsara Rambha in bed.  

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:29 pm

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:29 pm

Rekz wrote:"As for the subject matter of this discussion itself, i refuse to engage with you masala maami tracy cos *i* being another masala maami know that you do not have honest intention but an agenda "  Twisted Evil 

lol... ok. I sorta stole this one from rekz. she was saying some other girl had all the ingredients to be a good wife. So I asked her what those are. Then I thought chalo, why not ask a bigger group. No wonder i made a bad wife lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:30 pm

indophile wrote:Couple of Sanskrit verses on the subject.

anukoolaam, vimalaangeem, kulajaam, susheela-sampannaam,
Pancha “la”-kaaraam bhaaryaam. Purushah puNYdayaallabhate.

Men get a five-“la” adorned wife – easy to get along, clean featured, of the same caste, loving, good-natured – through to good deeds done in the past.

kaaryEshu daasee, karaNEshu mantree, 
roopEcha lakshmee, kshamayaa dharitree,
bhojyEsu maataa, shayanEshu Rambhaa,
shat-karma-yuktaa kula dharmapatnee.

A wife should be good at 6 things - obey your orders like a servant, should counsel you like minister, should look like goddess Lakshmi, should be as forgiving as the mother earth, should feed you like your mother, and should be as skilled as the Apsara Rambha in bed.  

wishing i was a desi man in the sanskrit era. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:33 pm

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:38 pm

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by harharmahadev Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:40 pm

I'm glad Tracie opened this thread. It gave me a chance to think about what I'm looking for in a woman. I'm going to update my Bharat Matrimony profile.

harharmahadev

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:42 pm

harharmahadev wrote:

Your list seems a subset of those eulogized in traditional lore..

Karyeshu Dasi, Karaneshu Manthri; Bhojeshu Mata, Shayaneshu Rambha, Roopeshu lakshmi, Kshamayeshu Dharitri, Shat dharmayukta, Kuladharma Pathni

1) Karyeshu Dasi: works like a faithful maid
2) Karaneshu Mantri : advises like a wise minister
3) Bhojeshu Mata: feeds like a doting mother
4) Shayaneshu Ramba : 'serves' (in bed) like the celestial danseuse Rambha
5) Roopeshu Lakshmi : radiates beauty and grace like the Divine Lakshmi
6) Kshmayeshu Dharitri : endures and forgives with the infinite patience as that of Mother Earth.

Shat dharma yuktah: woman who has these six virtues
Kula dharma Patni : makes a good wife. 

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:43 pm

more importantly, keeps a youthful figure and appearance. dont want a wife that eats most of what she might cook.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by harharmahadev Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:52 pm

smArtha wrote:
harharmahadev wrote:

Your list seems a subset of those eulogized in traditional lore..

Karyeshu Dasi, Karaneshu Manthri; Bhojeshu Mata, Shayaneshu Rambha, Roopeshu lakshmi, Kshamayeshu Dharitri, Shat dharmayukta, Kuladharma Pathni

1) Karyeshu Dasi: works like a faithful maid
2) Karaneshu Mantri : advises like a wise minister
3) Bhojeshu Mata: feeds like a doting mother
4) Shayaneshu Ramba : 'serves' (in bed) like the celestial danseuse Rambha
5) Roopeshu Lakshmi : radiates beauty and grace like the Divine Lakshmi
6) Kshmayeshu Dharitri : endures and forgives with the infinite patience as that of Mother Earth.

Shat dharma yuktah: woman who has these six virtues
Kula dharma Patni : makes a good wife. 

My list was better. I don't particularly care about the "advise like a minister" bit. She should stay focused on the housework and coital arts.

Having said that, I must say that anything that is quoted in Sanskrit sounds really exotic.

harharmahadev

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:07 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:

Firstly there is no 'sanskrit era' and even if there was, this verse is a product of some work in the last two millennia and not any older. Now the most important piece of 'practical' advise to be a 'good wife' - stop trying to be a man in the relationship. Men (most of them) have limited need for another one of them and that too bound by the thick rope of matrimony. You win more battles being a woman - comfortable and confident one at that. Being able to do all that a man can do (or more) should be your nuclear arsenal (as a deterrent it wins more people to fall in-line and limits the fewer foes at the fence). But never to be brandished or used - this will make even friends switch the sides on the fence. In the corporate lingo, let the man be the CEO but you control the Board :-).

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:15 pm

reading all this makes me think all men are born good husbands... or maybe doesn't matter if they are good or not. doesn't matter coz a good or bad wife will eventually make or break him anyway. why bother trying to make him a good husband, lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekz Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:18 pm

smArtha wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:

Firstly there is no 'sanskrit era' and even if there was, this verse is a product of some work in the last two millennia and not any older. Now the most important piece of 'practical' advise to be a 'good wife' - stop trying to be a man in the relationship. Men (most of them) have limited need for another one of them and that too bound by the thick rope of matrimony. You win more battles being a woman - comfortable and confident one at that. Being able to do all that a man can do (or more) should be your nuclear arsenal (as a deterrent it wins more people to fall in-line and limits the fewer foes at the fence). But never to be brandished or used - this will make even friends switch the sides on the fence. In the corporate lingo, let the man be the CEO but you control the Board :-).
 clap Very Happy  *curtains down*
Show over
Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:17 pm

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Silly Point Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:06 pm

What makes a Good wife..

The ability Stroke egos (and other things) and ignore the bull shit on a daily basis.. That is what i think will make a good wife after reading all the responses on this thread Very Happy

Silly Point

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:07 pm

that is a good summary.

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:08 pm

All men are born good husbands....

...and then they marry.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:09 pm

Rekz wrote:
smArtha wrote:Firstly there is no 'sanskrit era' and even if there was, this verse is a product of some work in the last two millennia and not any older. Now the most important piece of 'practical' advise to be a 'good wife' - stop trying to be a man in the relationship. Men (most of them) have limited need for another one of them and that too bound by the thick rope of matrimony. You win more battles being a woman - comfortable and confident one at that. Being able to do all that a man can do (or more) should be your nuclear arsenal (as a deterrent it wins more people to fall in-line and limits the fewer foes at the fence). But never to be brandished or used - this will make even friends switch the sides on the fence. In the corporate lingo, let the man be the CEO but you control the Board :-).
 clap Very Happy   *curtains down*
Show over

Hopefully there is no 'sarcasm' intended here. becoz I'm not too good at reading it. 
I do believe that getting the last line holds most relationships made of partners with comparable capabilities and aspirations.

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:41 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:reading all this makes me think all men are born good husbands... or maybe doesn't matter if they are good or not. doesn't matter coz a good or bad wife will eventually make or break him anyway. why bother trying to make him a good husband, lol.

But you do want him to be as good as it takes to meet your and family needs/goals. A CEO doesn't have to be the best or out-of-world kind, but he does have to be suitable/capable to run the enterprise he is entrusted with. Somehow dads seem to realize this better than their daughters who are seeking :-)

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:45 pm

smArtha wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:reading all this makes me think all men are born good husbands... or maybe doesn't matter if they are good or not. doesn't matter coz a good or bad wife will eventually make or break him anyway. why bother trying to make him a good husband, lol.

But you do want him to be as good as it takes to meet your and family needs/goals. A CEO doesn't have to be the best or out-of-world kind, but he does have to be suitable/capable to run the enterprise he is entrusted with. Somehow dads seem to realize this better than their daughters who are seeking :-)

oh dad's can get very technical. the very madu dad of my bff rejected an alliance only coz the boy and his rents had lots and lots of money, but all in liquid assets, not in fixed assets (is that what you call it?) like property, etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekz Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:59 pm

Rekz as male

Good wife

Multi-talented,smart,loving, the one gives you loads of space and forgetful.

Tips for single men - If you have crossed  31yrs..then start praying only god can help you.Thank u
Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:40 pm

Being a 'Padmini'.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down