Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poor Preet Bharara. His life story brings tears to my eyes.

+2
nevada
Rishi
6 posters

Go down

Poor Preet Bharara. His life story brings tears to my eyes. Empty Poor Preet Bharara. His life story brings tears to my eyes.

Post by Rishi Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:39 pm

In search of a way out of punishing poverty -- his father lived for a time in a house without plumbing -- Bharara's parents moved the family to Monmouth County, N.J., when Bharara was 2. They left "everything behind to start life from scratch in the United States," he has said. His father, a doctor, opened a small medical practice in Asbury Park, the legendary stomping ground of Bruce Springsteen, of whom Bharara has long been a major fan. In his office, Bharara has a picture of Springsteen and his mother together, and he listens to Springsteen at night when he is working late. (He and Johnson attend Springsteen concerts together when they can.) At 12, Bharara became a naturalized U.S. citizen.

By the fourth grade, Bharara's father had scraped together enough money to send his oldest son to the quirky, idiosyncratic Ranney School, in Tinton Falls, N.J. (actress Kirsten Dunst is also an alum).

>>>> Bharara's father, a doctor, opened a small medical practice in Asbury Park. And he was supposed to be dirt poor?

Why this psychological need for desis to portray themselves to have somehow succeeded despite all odds?

http://finance.fortune.cnn.com/2011/08/02/preet-bharara-the-enforcer-of-wall-street/

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Poor Preet Bharara. His life story brings tears to my eyes. Empty Re: Poor Preet Bharara. His life story brings tears to my eyes.

Post by nevada Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:20 pm

Why? Were you cutting an onion when reading the story?

nevada

Back to top Go down

Poor Preet Bharara. His life story brings tears to my eyes. Empty Re: Poor Preet Bharara. His life story brings tears to my eyes.

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:23 am

Rishi wrote:In search of a way out of punishing poverty -- his father lived for a time in a house without plumbing -- Bharara's parents moved the family to Monmouth County, N.J., when Bharara was 2. They left "everything behind to start life from scratch in the United States," he has said. His father, a doctor, opened a small medical practice in Asbury Park, the legendary stomping ground of Bruce Springsteen, of whom Bharara has long been a major fan. In his office, Bharara has a picture of Springsteen and his mother together, and he listens to Springsteen at night when he is working late. (He and Johnson attend Springsteen concerts together when they can.) At 12, Bharara became a naturalized U.S. citizen.

By the fourth grade, Bharara's father had scraped together enough money to send his oldest son to the quirky, idiosyncratic Ranney School, in Tinton Falls, N.J. (actress Kirsten Dunst is also an alum).

>>>> Bharara's father, a doctor, opened a small medical practice in Asbury Park. And he was supposed to be dirt poor?  

Why this psychological need for desis to portray themselves to have somehow succeeded despite all odds?

http://finance.fortune.cnn.com/2011/08/02/preet-bharara-the-enforcer-of-wall-street/

Yeah...compared to the Wall Street Looters he put in jail, his father made only $150K a year...that too he had to W O R K.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:41 am

Has he prosecuted any Jewish banksters or does he go after only sub continental origin crooks? Martoma's big boss Cohen seems untouchable so far. And what about Jamie Dimon the serial billion dollar fine paying Jewish CEO?

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:48 am

Someone said Martoma ratting on Cohen would have been a very weak 'he said, he said' hook to hang Bharara's coat on. Smart prosecutorial tack to go after cohen on a civil track.

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:02 pm

nevada wrote:Has he prosecuted any Jewish banksters or does he go after only sub continental origin crooks? Martoma's big boss Cohen seems untouchable so far. And what about Jamie Dimon the serial billion dollar fine paying Jewish CEO?
Jon Corzine, former CEO of Goldman Sachs, Governor of New Jersey, and United States Senator, began his tenure as CEO of MF Global in March 2010. Corzine spent nearly all of the 9 years prior to joining MF Holdings as either U.S. Senator or Governor. From 1994-1999, Corzine held the role of Chief Executive Officer for Goldman Sachs.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MF_Global

>> He or CFTC yet to charge this man for the losses of customers of MF Global. It has been proved that CEO knew the issues of this firm and authorized the transfer of customer's funds to cook the books.

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:42 pm

......The guy has a 79-0 conviction rate...Shows this guys does his homework thoroughly rather than have egss thrown on his face. Steve Cohen WILL be charged....when Bharara is sure he has nailed him...

Out of 79 he has caught only a handful of desis...Wait...with Desis occupying so many high positions on Looters Street, I think Bharara is intentionally going soft on Desis.

He catches 3 desi crooks and all desis are riled up... Hope he gets another 4 years and throws all the bastids in the slammer. Hope he also confiscates every penny of these crooks - that will teach them a lesson.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:29 pm

Rishi wrote: Bharara's father, a doctor, opened a small medical practice in Asbury Park. And he was supposed to be dirt poor?  

It probably has to do with the official culture back home in India, where Govt. helps people in education and jobs with quotas and reservations even if the family's yearly income is Rs. 6 lakh (Rs. 50000 / month, in the case of OBC) and more (no limit on the family's income, in the case of SC/ST). Note the yearly poverty line (limit) for a family of four (couple and two children) in India is about Rs. 18000 (or Rs. 1500 / month).
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:49 pm

Seva Lamberdar wrote:
Rishi wrote: Bharara's father, a doctor, opened a small medical practice in Asbury Park. And he was supposed to be dirt poor?  

It probably has to do with the official culture back home in India, where Govt. helps people in education and jobs with quotas and reservations even if the family's yearly income is Rs. 6 lakh (Rs. 50000 / month, in the case of OBC) and more (no limit on the family's income, in the case of SC/ST). Note the yearly poverty line (limit) for a family of four (couple and two children) in India is about Rs. 18000 (or Rs. 1500 / month).

Also, notice that Bharara claims his mother hindu, dad Sikh, FIL muslim, MIL Jewish all of them "fled" their native place bcz of who they were....

Really...his mom and Sikh doctor F L E D India in 1969 ???? from what ? This guys is already singing the Bhajans of power. He is friend of Sanjay Gupta...so ou see the "class" system is at work here...

But hope he catches all the crooks and someone else catches Bharara down the line.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:52 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:

Also, notice that Bharara claims his mother hindu, dad Sikh, FIL muslim, MIL Jewish all of them "fled" their native place bcz of who they were....

Really...his mom and Sikh doctor F L E D India in 1969 ????  from what ?  This guys is already singing the Bhajans of power.  He is friend of Sanjay Gupta...so ou see the "class" system is at work here...

But hope he catches all the crooks and someone else catches Bharara down the line.

>>>Soon Satya Nadella will also claim in his autobiography he fled a life of punishing poverty back home in India.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:58 pm

Rishi wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:

Really...his mom and Sikh doctor F L E D India in 1969 ????  from what ?  This guys is already singing the Bhajans of power.  He is friend of Sanjay Gupta...so ou see the "class" system is at work here...

>>>Soon Satya Nadella will also claim in his autobiography he fled a life of punishing poverty back home in India.

Of course... people are hypocrites. Americans love to hear the poor and disadvantages succeeding to the top... who does not...Modi plays that downtrodden game...Rahul plays that game saying he lost his father and grandmother as a boy and hence he was deprived.

And, I will claim that I was abused by my parents - my father and all my teachers beat the crap out of me on a daily basis. If that is not abuse then nothing is. I might as well milk the sentiments of the people and the system.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:07 pm

Rishi wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:

Of course... people are hypocrites. Americans love to hear the poor and disadvantages succeeding to the top... who does not...Modi plays that downtrodden game...Rahul plays that game saying he lost his father and grandmother as a boy and hence he was deprived.

And, I will claim that I was abused by my parents - my father and all my teachers beat the crap out of me on a daily basis. If that is not abuse then nothing is. I might as well milk the sentiments of the people and the system.

>>>> This reminds me of something I read in the Reader's Digest magazine.

When John F. Kennedy was running for President, one working class guy from the crowd came to him and asked "Is it true Mr. Kennedy that you never worked for a living." Kennedy was embarassed, did not know what to say.

The man said. "Don't worry. You did not miss anything."

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down