Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

U.S. will sell green cards to rich Indian families

+2
b_A
Rishi
6 posters

Go down

U.S. will sell green cards to rich Indian families  Empty U.S. will sell green cards to rich Indian families

Post by Rishi Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:00 pm

http://www.sunday-guardian.com/news/us-will-sell-green-cards-to-rich-indian-families

Just Rs 3.1 Crore.

Khobragade can easily raise that kind of money.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

U.S. will sell green cards to rich Indian families  Empty Re: U.S. will sell green cards to rich Indian families

Post by b_A Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:08 pm

Is this a new policy? I thought those investing a million dollars were always offered GC's. Looks like they lowered it to half a million now.

b_A

Back to top Go down

U.S. will sell green cards to rich Indian families  Empty Re: U.S. will sell green cards to rich Indian families

Post by nevada Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:16 pm

b_A wrote:Is this a new policy? I thought those investing a million dollars were always offered GC's. Looks like they lowered it to half a million now.

Doesn't seem new to me. Half a million is for targeted areas like rural areas and for unrestricted areas I think it is 1 million or more. Just putting down the money is not enough - I think they have to provide employment to 6 people or something like that. Basically, they invest in a business which employs x number of people at a minimum. Other than using a green card for money laundering purposes, what motivation do India's fat cats have to go for this scheme?

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:58 am

nevada wrote:
b_A wrote:Is this a new policy? I thought those investing a million dollars were always offered GC's. Looks like they lowered it to half a million now.

Doesn't seem new to me. Half a million is for targeted areas like rural areas and for unrestricted areas I think it is 1 million or more. Just putting down the money is not enough - I think they have to provide employment to 6 people or something like that. Basically, they invest in a business which employs x number of people at a minimum. Other than using a green card for money laundering purposes, what motivation do India's fat cats have to go for this scheme?

you are correct. Aussies also enacted a similar law based on investment. But, the money cannot be taken out for x years (think 5 yrs).

The catch is it has to be WHITE money and also has to be in DOLLARS. That means even most who can afford have to go through RBI. Of course those who have dollars in phoren banks are too rich to want GCs.

Oh yeah...the real rich will not want GC bcz they will be required to file US Taxes on world wide income - giving ALL THEIR BANK ACCOUNT details. Also, they will have to spend 6 months in the US.

I know a few oldies with house and other properties in India regretting why they ever applied for GC.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:08 am

Uppili
What is the status of number of applicants vs available slots?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:04 am

It's a lot more attractive for rich or semi rich Chinese than Indians methinks

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:54 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:It's a lot more attractive for rich or semi rich Chinese than Indians methinks

You are right....The Chinkus and their money are just as bad as Indians but their commie set up and secret banks wont share details with Western/US Banks. Also, the Chinkus would want a GC as an insurance...but the conditions of GC are not attractive for Chinkus. The most effective and preferred way is to come to US legally and deliver a baby - assuring it of US citizenship should the need arise in the future.

In fact, anyone in China and Paki, Beggardeshi and Middle east would LOVE to have an OCI card with practically no restrictions...If India demands $10 mil for OCI card, I bet chinkus and Musalmaans would line up, and India can thrown in a PAN card and Aadhar card as bonus for another $5 mil.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:32 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:It's a lot more attractive for rich or semi rich Chinese than Indians methinks

You are right....The Chinkus and their money are just as bad as Indians but their commie set up and secret banks wont share details with Western/US Banks. Also, the Chinkus would want a GC as an insurance...but the conditions of GC are not attractive for Chinkus. The most effective and preferred way is to come to US legally and deliver a baby - assuring it of US citizenship should the need arise in the future.

In fact, anyone in China and Paki, Beggardeshi and Middle east would LOVE to have an OCI card with practically no restrictions...If India demands $10 mil for OCI card, I bet chinkus and Musalmaans would line up, and India can thrown in a PAN card and Aadhar card as bonus for another $5 mil.

Bangladeshis come in to India and get ration cards for free. They have been doing this for years. Why would they even pay?

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:57 pm

nevada wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

Bangladeshis come in to India and get ration cards for free. They have been doing this for years. Why would they even pay?

The rich banglas dont sneak in just like the rich messicans dont cross the Rio.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down