Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

desi life

Go down

desi life Empty desi life

Post by Guest Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:34 pm

dunno the source, older read it out to me:

"I didn't chose desi life; desi life threatened me with a chappal until I submitted to its will".

Back to top Go down

desi life Empty Re: desi life

Post by Kris Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:53 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:dunno the source, older read it out to me:

"I didn't chose desi life; desi life threatened me with a chappal until I submitted to its will".

>>>Hey, funny anecdote with my son recently. He told me that one of his Indian friends had told him his parents would hit him with a shoe, if he got a girl fried. It took me a few minutes to figure out the kid had translated their comment literally.Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:20 pm

Kris wrote:

>>>Hey, funny anecdote with my son recently. He told me that one of his Indian friends had told him his parents would hit him with a shoe, if he got a girl fried. It took me a few minutes to figure out the kid had translated their comment literally.Smile
>>Damn, just realized the error Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:31 pm

Kris wrote:
Kris wrote:

LOL... yeah that warranties real chappal treatment.

my older's friends all know pretty good hindi/urdu, so if by chance they ever overhear my hindi mixed french on phone (if she forgets to mute), they get a major kick out of it, and translate it fully for her the next day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:39 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:
Kris wrote:
Kris wrote:

LOL... yeah that warranties real chappal treatment.

my older's friends all know pretty good hindi/urdu, so if by chance they ever overhear my hindi mixed french on phone (if she forgets to mute), they get a major kick out of it, and translate it fully for her the next day.

>>> I think the friend knows the idiom. The funny part was it was narrated verbatim by my son "his parents told him that they'd hit him with a shoe"

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down