Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

india should lose the complacent attitude about terrorism

+5
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Kris
confuzzled dude
truthbetold
MaxEntropy_Man
9 posters

Go down

india should lose the complacent attitude about terrorism Empty india should lose the complacent attitude about terrorism

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:29 pm

india is pooh poohing my suggested 9/11 type scenario:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-03-17/india-denies-malaysian-jet-911-style-attack-theory/5326746

even if MH 370 has nothing to do with india, now is a good time to consider such scenarios and plan for it. look at israel, they're going totally crazy about this.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

india should lose the complacent attitude about terrorism Empty Re: india should lose the complacent attitude about terrorism

Post by truthbetold Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:37 pm

Max
Do you expect a Congress govt to talk about terrorism before an election? They would rather see India go to dogs than broach terrorism at this time.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

india should lose the complacent attitude about terrorism Empty Re: india should lose the complacent attitude about terrorism

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:17 pm

That's a bit of a stretch though.. why would they pick a target that is about 4 hours away and what were they doing near Andaman unless their target was naval base.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:25 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:india is pooh poohing my suggested 9/11 type scenario:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-03-17/india-denies-malaysian-jet-911-style-attack-theory/5326746

even if MH 370 has nothing to do with india, now is a good time to consider such scenarios and plan for it. look at israel, they're going totally crazy about this.

>>>>it is a cultural problem. Israeli culture is ingrained with the idea of taking no chances on this front. No political correctness, no dilly dallying. We on the other hand publish idiotic articles like 'Bombay will be back in action or can't be kept down' after every attack, making a virtue out of necessity and of course have earned the well deserved title of 'soft target'.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:39 pm

Who cares...We hindus have reincarnation. Christians, muslims, and Jews have one life and this is it. Hence they are worried.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:23 am

How exactly does one prevent a 9/11 scenario (or prepare for one) when the airplane is already missing and can enter anybody's airspace at any time, spoofing a commercial flight?
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:25 am

So you are indeed a closet Chaddi. Or, are you implying that the notorious RSS hindu hijackers will attack Indian cities with hijacked planes?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:44 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

Who cares...We hindus have reincarnation. Christians, muslims, and Jews have one life and this is it. Hence they are worried.
Uppili,
Good one! Smile. The last one I laughed so much "was your quote about women being safe in elevators with you".

I have a request. There might have been many such quotes over the years. Is it possible for you to do a post with all such quotes? Though sometimes the quotes are double fun only in the context of the overall topic, it might still be worthwhile to read it. That would be real fun.

On the concerned topic, I think Max is right. It is all the more probable, given that Strobe Talbott of all the persons tweeted about this. India should be more cautious, given that there are elections around the horizon, and there is a strong possibility of terrorists backed by Pakistani State apparatus, taking advantage of this to do something spectacular to weaken India.

It has been found that typically Pakistani Media is awash with bad press about India, before any big incident. I hope someone is watching the Pakistani Media.

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:20 am

rawemotions wrote:It has been found that typically Pakistani Media is awash with bad press about India, before any big incident. I hope someone is watching the Pakistani Media.

Yeah. We have Rishi aka Breasty Beauty on the job.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:11 am

Kris wrote:

>>>>it is a cultural problem. Israeli culture is ingrained with the idea of taking no chances on this front. No political correctness, no dilly dallying. We on the other hand publish idiotic articles like 'Bombay will be back in action or can't be kept down' after every attack, making a virtue out of necessity and of course have earned the well deserved title of 'soft target'.

right on...our strategy is to make ourselves so soft that CD's buddies dont get much of a feeling of accomplishment when they kill a few hundred indians so they get tired and quit on their own

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:18 am

India seems to be dealing with this problem peacefully, as the father of the nation would have liked.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down