Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An alternative interpretation to Maxian interpretation of a phrase

3 posters

Go down

An alternative interpretation to Maxian interpretation of a phrase Empty An alternative interpretation to Maxian interpretation of a phrase

Post by Guest Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:16 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote: Seen many brahmin women -nonbrahmin men (similar to hiindu women Muslim men), but a lower caste DIL within a household is still an issue.

\"MaxEntropy_Man wrote:the statement above is very similar to the fear that southern white bubbas have that big black men will poke their women, and that they may lose them because the women will get addicted to the more joyful whoopie the women might have with them. hence the phrase, once you go black you can't go back. maybe some hindu men are afflicted with the same type of insecurities about muslim men, and "higher" caste hindu men about "lower" caste hindu men. what do you think of this theory?

-----

The phrase 'once you go black you can't go back' has another interpretation. A white Texan girl once told me that this phrase means that if a white girl were to date a black guy then subsequently no white guy would be willing to date her in the future.

Back to top Go down

An alternative interpretation to Maxian interpretation of a phrase Empty Re: An alternative interpretation to Maxian interpretation of a phrase

Post by Kris Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:56 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote: Seen many brahmin women -nonbrahmin men (similar to hiindu women Muslim men), but a lower caste DIL within a household is still an issue.

\"MaxEntropy_Man wrote:the statement above is very similar to the fear that southern white bubbas have that big black men will poke their women, and that they may lose them because the women will get addicted to the more joyful whoopie the women might have with them. hence the phrase, once you go black you can't go back. maybe some hindu men are afflicted with the same type of insecurities about muslim men, and "higher" caste hindu men about "lower" caste hindu men. what do you think of this theory?

-----

The phrase 'once you go black you can't go back' has another interpretation. A white Texan girl once told me that this phrase means that if a white girl were to date a black guy then subsequently no white guy would be willing to date her in the future.

>>>That is a possibility, but the phrase as is commonly used in the lighter vein is that if she dates a black person she will not go back.

Kris

Back to top Go down

An alternative interpretation to Maxian interpretation of a phrase Empty Re: An alternative interpretation to Maxian interpretation of a phrase

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:54 pm

There is also another interpretation. Once a whote female marries and has a kid, the descendants will have to marry ONLY whites for 4 generations to be "accepted" as a white.

I am curious to know how many kids of Brahmin-non Brahmin couple are accepted back into Brahmin marriages. I know (very well) of a Goundar-Chettiar love-marriage couple had hell of a trouble at every stage - finding match for brothers, then daughter, and even at cremation times. Never saw any other relatives of the couple visiting their house.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:06 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:There is also another interpretation. Once a whote female marries and has a kid, the descendants will have to marry ONLY whites for 4 generations to be "accepted" as a white.

I am curious to know how many kids of Brahmin-non Brahmin couple are accepted back into Brahmin marriages. I know (very well) of a Goundar-Chettiar love-marriage couple had hell of a trouble at every stage - finding match for brothers, then daughter, and even at cremation times.  Never saw any other relatives of the couple visiting their house.

>>>The Brahmin-NonBrahmin couple can move to America or Canada, change the last names of their kids to Iyer or Iyengar. Then the problem is solved. When they place an ad in the Hindu newspaper for their kids, there will be a long line.

I went to a marriage that took place in a temple in Maryland. The groom was an ABCD iyer. He married his ABCD girlfriend. The grandmother of the boy told me that the girl's parents were descendants of TN brahmins who moved to Bihar long time ago. They looked like typical Bihari goondas to me. Do you think the boy's parents went to Bihar and checked? I don't think they even cared.

You can always come up with stories to claim brahminhood.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:22 pm

Rishi wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:There is also another interpretation. Once a whote female marries and has a kid, the descendants will have to marry ONLY whites for 4 generations to be "accepted" as a white.

I am curious to know how many kids of Brahmin-non Brahmin couple are accepted back into Brahmin marriages. I know (very well) of a Goundar-Chettiar love-marriage couple had hell of a trouble at every stage - finding match for brothers, then daughter, and even at cremation times.  Never saw any other relatives of the couple visiting their house.

>>>The Brahmin-NonBrahmin couple can move to America or Canada, change the last names of their kids to Iyer or Iyengar. Then the problem is solved. When they place an ad in the Hindu newspaper for their kids, there will be a long line.

I went to a marriage that took place in a temple in Maryland. The groom was an ABCD iyer. He married his ABCD girlfriend. The grandmother of the boy told me that the girl's parents were descendants of TN brahmins who moved to Bihar long time ago. They looked like typical Bihari goondas to me. Do you think the boy's parents went to Bihar and checked? I don't think they even cared.

You can always come up with stories to claim brahminhood.

I am talking about it in Indian environment. In the US, many parents would be more than happy if their kids married any Indian of the same religion.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down