Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

India deserves better than Modi

+11
Propagandhi711
Kris
rawemotions
Vakavaka Pakapaka
MaxEntropy_Man
Idéfix
Merlot Daruwala
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Rishi
truthbetold
confuzzled dude
15 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

India deserves better than Modi Empty India deserves better than Modi

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:09 pm

"And if they still choose Mr Modi? We would wish him well, and we would be delighted for him to prove us wrong by governing India in a modern, honest and fair way. But for now he should be judged on his record—which is that of a man who is still associated with sectarian hatred. There is nothing modern, honest or fair about that. India deserves better."

http://www.economist.com/news/leaders/21600106-he-will-probably-become-indias-next-prime-minister-does-not-mean-he-should-be-can-anyone?fsrc=scn%2Ftw%2Fte%2Fpe%2Fed%2Fmodi

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

India deserves better than Modi Empty Re: India deserves better than Modi

Post by truthbetold Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:42 pm

CD,

This is recycled material.  Why did you post this? Do you have comment associated with this post?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:49 pm

>>>>Most of the articles about India in the economist are written by Indians themselves mostly th pseudoseculars.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:56 pm

truthbetold wrote:CD,

This is recycled material.  Why did you post this? Do you have comment associated with this post?
I concur with the POV. His reckless acts are no different than Saddam gassing Kurds. Indians definitely deserve better.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:25 pm

"As politics, as style, as message, Mr. Modi presents an ersatz version of the BJP. There is little that is civilisational about him. Worse still, he creates an artificial Swadeshi, without any sense of Swaraj. Mr. Modi’s Swadeshi does not empower locality, it creates a politics of anxiety around security. He evokes paranoia insulting Mrs Sonia Gandhi as foreign and Italian which neither Mr. Advani nor Mr. Vajpayee would do. He is leader of a nukkad not of a nation. He behaves like a Bajrang Dal bully rather than a BJP leader ready for adjustments, coalitions or even a compromise necessary for an Indian idea of unity"

"There is a deeper inadequacy to his politics. As a country, we need leaders who can win more than the next election. Our Prime Minister is not a winnable horse, which corporate or media punters can be happy about. A leadership has to think fifty, hundred, at least five hundred years into the future. Mr. Modi offers little sense of the future, whether it is of craft, knowledge, agriculture or biotechnology. He has not a single significant line on an India of the future."

"But by watching him grow in popularity, and listening to his message, I want to argue that Mr. Modi is dangerous to the BJP and its value frames. His narrowness hypothecates the BJP, politics and Indian society to a jingoism of nation-state and development."

"Mr. Modi’s Neanderthal model of development in the age of sustainable and human development shows that Mr. Modi is an anachronism, dusted up and presented as technocratic model of development. It will not take long to prove that the Gujarat model of development and the Gujarat model of violence are part of one picture."

http://www.thehindu.com/opinion/lead/is-narendra-modi-genuinely-bjp/article5872576.ece?homepage=true

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:37 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:

I concur with the POV. His reckless acts are no different than Saddam gassing Kurds. Indians definitely deserve better.
I differ with POV as it is another recycled material with same nonsense.  

Yes, India deserve better than Modi. So does uSA deserve better than Obama.  

But coming back to India, It also deserve better than Rahul.  Modi is far better than Rahul.  When you find someone better than modi we can talk about that alternate leader. So for now India is stuck with Modi.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:56 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:

Agree....perhaps, people should vote for "secular" Shahi Imam.

Agree...today the most secular politician in India is Sonia ji.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:50 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

Modi at the top will be detrimental Hindu youth than other communities as it will likely propel the rise of RSS and its cohorts across India.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:03 am

CD,

Fight RSS. But if they spread their message in legal methods, you cannot stop their activities modi or no modi. You can fight back legally and  democratically.  

People of India are overlooking all those dangers and opting to take a risk over the incompetency and corruption of congress and sonia.  Congress played the secularism card too many times to fool majority of people.  They want to take a rsik with a competent person.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:27 am

Yes, India deserves better. Sadly, the alternatives are much worse. That unfortunately is the reality. So suck it up and hope that some better options show up by 2019..
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:37 am

Merlot,

are you planning for 2019?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:49 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

Modi at the top will be detrimental Hindu youth than other communities as it will likely propel the rise of RSS and its cohorts across India.

reeaaally...then it is no one but Modi ji, and hope he and BJP (and RSS) win B I G. That is the best that can happen to hindus in a 1000 years.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:19 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:Yes, India deserves better. Sadly, the alternatives are much worse. That unfortunately is the reality. So suck it up and hope that some better options show up by 2019..

I think you're taking a very narrow view (economy) and compromising fully knowing the baggage he comes with. He actively participated or supported 3 of the high profile communal events that took place. Even if you want give him credit for his efforts on economy front, 3 of the 4 states in the south, in spite of the issues, did as well as or better than Gujarat. Why is everybody (especially media) singing hosannas of Modi because he is a NORT INDIAN and speaks HINDI fluently. I don't think that kind of vetting process or qualification bodes well for India's progress in this and age. South has always shown progress than other parts of India, if anything a leader from South may have better vision than Modi.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:22 pm

This is the cover story of the latest issue of the magazine. I was planning to post it myself.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:32 pm

Idéfix wrote:

This is the cover story of the latest issue of the magazine. I was planning to post it myself.

expect it to be easily dismissed as western media acting against indian interests. the truth is nobody besides bjp and modi supporters are convinced that the supreme court verdict confers any kind of respectability on him. even amongst them there are cynical people like saamiyaar who full well know that he is culpable, even admit to it, but in fact support him because they believe him to be culpable, not in spite of it.

Last edited by MaxEntropy_Man on Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:32 pm

Idéfix wrote:

My question is what is your comment accompanying the post?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:44 pm

Idéfix wrote:

Every election since 1980 has been fought, not on an economic plank, but on an assumed fear of a communal BJP and the need to prevent it from coming to power. India is the only country where the opposition is voted out of power in every election. To allay the fear of the "fear mongers" one has to simply cite the defeat of the reasonably successful BJP government in 2004 - again fought on the 2002 riots. So, should Modi and BJP ends up with blood on their hands in 2019, they can always be thrown out - there has been precedence in 1977 and 2004. Instead to simply disenfranchise an opposition - perennially - on an assumed and imaginary projection of the past is neither fair nor democratic.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:47 pm

Idéfix wrote:

Every election since 1980 has been fought, not on an economic plank, but on an assumed fear of a communal BJP and the need to prevent it from coming to power. India is the only country where the opposition is voted out of power in every election. To allay the fear of the "fear mongers" one has to simply cite the defeat of the reasonably successful BJP government in 2004 - again fought on the 2002 riots. So, should Modi and BJP ends up with blood on their hands in 2019, they can always be thrown out - there has been precedence in 1977 and 2004. Instead to simply disenfranchise an opposition - perennially - on an assumed and imaginary projection of the past is neither fair nor democratic.

well it won't be too long. let's see if you guys have made the sale.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:52 pm

Idéfix wrote:

Assumed? must be a typo.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:00 pm

truthbetold wrote:
Idéfix wrote:

I agree with most of the points in the article. I hope that NDA does not win this election. If it does, I hope it wins narrowly enough that alliance partners force someone other Modi as PM.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:01 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

reeaaally...then it is no one but Modi ji, and hope he and BJP (and RSS) win B I G.  That is the best that can happen to hindus in a 1000 years.

You mean Indian version of Waziristan is a good thing?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:02 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Idéfix wrote:

Assumed? must be a typo.

Have you proved beyond a reasonable doubt that Modi was behind the 750 muslims killed or it was ONLY the BJP that was behind the riots?

Since you or none have proved it yet, it is still only an assumption.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:04 pm

Idéfix wrote:
truthbetold wrote:
Idéfix wrote:

I agree with most of the points in the article. I hope that NDA does not win this election. If it does, I hope it wins narrowly enough that alliance partners force someone other Modi as PM.
Yeah, hopefully, Prashant Bhushan or Bakri imam Bhukari will be the consensus candidates.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:06 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Idéfix wrote:

Assumed? must be a typo.

Have you proved beyond a reasonable doubt that Modi was behind the 750 muslims killed or it was ONLY the BJP that was behind the riots?

Did you know a poster called Uppili on the old CH? He knew beyond reasonable doubt.

More here: https://such.forumotion.com/t11339-never-forget-godhra#88022
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:06 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Idéfix wrote:

Assumed? must be a typo.

you have admitted to believing that modi is culpable in the past.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:12 pm

Idéfix wrote:

Admin Welcome back! 

Now regarding the topic at hand, if a biased magazine like economist is now going after Modi, I am pretty sure he is doing something right!

We do  not know whether NDA can win elections, I find some of the numbers in NDTV polls (especially on UP) at a higher side, and a little incredulous. However, if NDA gets less than 200 and cannot form government with just one extra partner it is better for NDA to not form government, as the economic situation is precarious. Economy needs bold decisions to kick start growth, which can be done with conviction, only with a clear comfortable majority, devoid of bickering.

Regarding Modi, an answer Modi gave to a question on religion, something that he is always scrutinized about,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVg6TCkPcwk

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:14 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Idéfix wrote:

Assumed? must be a typo.

Culpable of complicity and leading the riots or culpability of ineffeciency and ineffectiveness?

Why does the history start at 2002? Yes, modi is the one in the fray and not rajiv gandhi. But, isn't congress involved in 1984 riots? aren't members of the murderer Rajiv Gandhis family running that party even today and standing in elections?

Let us start from 1970 and see which party and FAMILY have done most damage to democratic traditions, democratic institutions through corruptions and economy through looting and corruption.

Dont be selective and look at the entire spectrum.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:26 pm

rawemotions wrote:

Regarding Modi, an answer Modi gave to a question on religion, something that he is always scrutinized about,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVg6TCkPcwk

i understood only parts of it, but instead of answering the question by saying that everyone is equal and that's the law of the nation, he resorts to giving some long-winded emission of flatulence about hindu creed and philosophy. i wouldn't want a religious philosopher as the leader, but one who respects and upholds the law of the land.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:27 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

Assumed? must be a typo.

Culpable of complicity and leading the riots or culpability of ineffeciency  and ineffectiveness?

Why does the history start at 2002? Yes, modi is the one in the fray and not rajiv gandhi. But, isn't congress involved in 1984 riots? aren't members of the murderer Rajiv Gandhis family running that party even today and standing in elections?

Let us start from 1970 and see which party and FAMILY have done most damage to democratic traditions, democratic institutions through corruptions and economy through looting and corruption.

rajiv gandhi is not a candidate in this election, modi is.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:27 pm

Idéfix wrote:

Did you know a poster called Uppili on the old CH? He knew beyond reasonable doubt.

More here: https://such.forumotion.com/t11339-never-forget-godhra#88022

What I said was my views but that is not proof. He might have looked sideways - for various reasons - and he was a new administrator. secondly, at best he could be accused of being ineffective in the initial stages of the riots.

Rajiv ws sworn in as acting PM right after Indira's death while her body was still lying in state. The riots were taking place all over the country and did he stop it ? In fact, there are clear evidences he actively encouraged it by making statements of support (remember the banyan tree).

If Rajiv and Congress could be elected why not Modi ? If the genocidal party could be trusted and considered "secular" and elected many times why not the BJP ?

it is not like the iSlamic secularists would have voted for BJP if Sushma Swaraj had been picked to lead. all the iSlamocentric parties just happen to use gujarat riots bcz Modi is the lead. They used the Gujarat riots in 2004, 2009, 2014, and in future 2019, 2014, and for eternity....

And BTW, since when did you guys put so much faith and value in my words than in supreme court words ????

I am truly humbled... Happy ugadi...

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:36 pm

Idéfix wrote:

Good point! BTW this election had a development agenda set by Modi, until Sonia and Rahul along with their cohorts in the Media made it Communal.  Congress and secularism has become a Joke!

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:45 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Culpable of complicity and leading the riots or culpability of ineffeciency  and ineffectiveness?

rajiv gandhi is not a candidate in this election, modi is.

Yes.. see the bolded sentence. I wrote that line and the explanation with your favorite statement in mind. In India - despite BJP's annointment of Modi as PM candidate - elections are about parties. if for some reason Modi cannot assume or get the support for his election as the "head" of BJP parliamentary group, someone else would become the PM. The elections are not cancelled or revoted.

So modi or not - still it is BJP vs. congress and hence look at both parties from 1970s.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:12 pm

idefix and other anti modi "secularists",

The 2004 elections were fought on 2002 riots.  BJP lost. Vajpayee and advani paid the price despite leading india to good economic situation.  Congress had its run for 10 years. People decided it is a highly corrupt , incompetent govt that failed to fulfil their aspirations. The opinion polls are now saying that they are ready to forgive or overlook modi and bjp sins and give them a chance. 

Third front got no chance.

So the fight is between  Modi (and NDA) and Rahul (and UPA). 

The question is why should voters of India give this incompetent and corrupt bunch led by a complete idiot be given a chance against modi a flawed but competent man?  The indian voter is making a choice in his/her self interest.  Tell them why it is not in their self interest to vote for modi. So far arguments about whether modi is responsible for riots or not have failed to convince them. They are tired of that recycled stuff. 

I am not only sure modi was responsible for 2002 riots, I am also sure that Modi is likely to preside over one or more major communal conflagrations in his rule (if not in first five years but certainly by his second term). 

So come up with a more workable solution.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:26 pm

truthbetold wrote:idefix and other anti modi "secularists",

The 2004 elections were fought on 2002 riots.  BJP lost. Vajpayee and advani paid the price despite leading india to good economic situation.  Congress had its run for 10 years. People decided it is a highly corrupt , incompetent govt that failed to fulfil their aspirations. The opinion polls are now saying that they are ready to forgive or overlook modi and bjp sins and give them a chance. 

The question is why should voters of India give this incompetent and corrupt bunch led by a complete idiot be given a chance against modi a flawed but competent man?  The indian voter is making a choice in his/her self interest.  Tell them why it is not in their self interest to vote for modi. So far arguments about whether modi is responsible for riots or not have failed to convince them. They are tired of that recycled stuff. 

I am not only sure modi was responsible for 2002 riots, I am also sure that Modi is likely to preside over one or more major communal conflagrations in his rule (if not in first five years but certainly by his second term). 

Corruption is like a disease of the skin, and further as per the Indian Supreme Court the Modi govt. is also guilty of corruption. But instigating civil strife between different sections of a society is like a disease of the heart--much more dangerous for the health of a nation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:46 pm

>>>> I don't think this will happen, at least not in the sense of being caused by him. He has been under scrutiny all these years and can't afford to be seen as being associated with a blowout and you have a very vocal media which is not exactly pro-modi in its bias. This is assuming that he has the intent. One of the things that may in fact be working against Congress, other than the corruption, the tiresome dynastic rule and the sycophancy that goes with it, could be the 24-7 beating of the 'modi is a villain' drum which the public may be tiring of. Besides it has other things on its mind like personal economics.  If the congress party wants to win, it needs to field a dynamic candidate who can project confidence to take the country to the next level. If it wants to win solely on the aspect of Modi being the devil, it needs to produce a court ruling that he is guilty. It has done neither so far.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:46 pm

Rashmun wrote:

Corruption is like a disease of the skin, and further as per the Indian Supreme Court the Modi govt. is also guilty of corruption. But instigating civil strife between different sections of a society is like a disease of the heart--much more dangerous for the health of a nation.

you should read up on the politics of strife your favorite party leaders used to routinely instigate in hyderabad to achieve their political goals. strangely those communal incidents died down after TDP came to power in the 80s..it's amazing how you "secular" apologists of congress ignore that conveniently

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:12 pm

Incompetent - not proven; If you think BJP will be less corrupt, we will have to wait and see. So both your points could very well apply to BJP.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:56 pm

-> and this man is intelligent, mature and able to lead the country? oh! my my. All we need to do is give this idiot a rope and he will hang himself.

"
There are some things Narendra Modi cannot resist speaking about. Unfortunately, they are ones that stir up trouble. Mr Modi has again gone after what he has cleverly called the Pink Revolution, meaning the export of meat and fish. He finds this distasteful because being a vegetarian he thinks poorly of all those who are not, even though they are the majority

He associates non-vegetarianism with Islam and any reference to cattle brings in that old Sangh rallying point: Cow slaughter. Mr Modi does not need to go the communal route in this election. The Congress is on the ropes and this is because of its record on corruption, legislation and governance. Mr Modi is justifiably the man who is reaping the benefit of this. All opinion polls say he will win, differing only very slightly on his margins. So why stir up mischief where it is neither needed nor, in my opinion, productive?"

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/140406/commentary-op-ed/article/candidate-modi%E2%80%99s-saffron-mischief

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:05 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:-> and this man is intelligent, mature and able to lead the country? oh! my my. All we need to do is give this idiot a rope and he will hang himself.

"
There are some things Narendra Modi cannot resist speaking about. Unfortunately, they are ones that stir up trouble. Mr Modi has again gone after what he has cleverly called the Pink Revolution, meaning the export of meat and fish. He finds this distasteful because being a vegetarian he thinks poorly of all those who are not, even though they are the majority

He associates non-vegetarianism with Islam and any reference to cattle brings in that old Sangh rallying point: Cow slaughter. Mr Modi does not need to go the communal route in this election. The Congress is on the ropes and this is because of its record on corruption, legislation and governance. Mr Modi is justifiably the man who is reaping the benefit of this. All opinion polls say he will win, differing only very slightly on his margins. So why stir up mischief where it is neither needed nor, in my opinion, productive?"

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/140406/commentary-op-ed/article/candidate-modi%E2%80%99s-saffron-mischief

get over it, man. you're sounding more and more outlandish and unhinged like douchemun grasping at straws

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:09 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:-> and this man is intelligent, mature and able to lead the country? oh! my my. All we need to do is give this idiot a rope and he will hang himself.

"

no the BJP number will go up from 220 to 240....Razz

Hopefully, Sonia Mata ji will meet with Mufti Abul Qasim Nomani and assure/pledge to help him in all ways.... That will push the BJP tally alone to over 280.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:13 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:

"

get over it, man. you're sounding more and more outlandish and unhinged like douchemun grasping at straws

The number of riots and killings indulged by the Congress and the Commies since the 1970 will dwarf the 750 muslims killed spontaneously by the Gujaratis in 2002. Good that the train was not burnt in Tirunelveli or Erode. It might have been 7500.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:22 pm

"

So, would you rather have the ones who have a horrible record on corruption, legislation and governance than the man who is against the slaughter and export of animals?

That article made me want to have Modi as the PM more than at anytime.

"The second is A.K. Antony, who informs Parliament that people wearing the dress of Pakistan Army beheaded our soldiers while our Army says Pakistanis had done so.” He (modi) demanded to know: “Who do you (A.K. Anthony) want to benefit with your statement?”

Did A.K. Anthony guy really say that? Whoa! What kind morale will the indian soldiers have if our own politicians, instead of showing anger and dismay at the beheading of our soldiers, try to cover up what the pakistani soldiers did and blame it on our own people? What does A.K. Anthony really gain by that? Who does he really want to please? It's ridiculous that the author of the article is angered that Modi was bringing this up and questioning the intentions of A.K. What a bas*tid of an author! The whole article is ridiculous. Kudos to Modi! He is the one that India needs, not the enemies of their own country.

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:25 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:

"

Anyone that thinks vegetarians are superior breed and looks down on meat eaters is an idiot of the highest order; no two ways about it. You would wait & watch him self-destruct running his big mouth (that's what I mean by give him enough rope to hang himself)

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:28 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

"

Anyone that thinks vegetarians are superior breed and looks down on meat eaters is an idiot of the highest order; no two ways about it. You would wait & watch him self-destruct running his big mouth (that's what I mean by give him enough rope to hang himself)
It is the author who is making his own assumptions. For someone to be against the slaughter and export of animals doesn't necessarily mean that they are thinking of themselves as superior breed and looking down upon meat eaters.

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:34 pm

Modi is full of it. He is wrong on this pink revolution. He better shut up about it. This is the first time congress made a case that will win few new votes.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:36 pm

truthbetold wrote:Modi is full of it. He is wrong on this pink revolution. He better shut up about it. This is the first time congress made a case that will win few new votes.
It will also lose a few new votes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:01 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

"

your parsing skills are abysmal and nearly on par with douchemun's. good luck with that

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:04 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

"

your parsing skills are abysmal and nearly on par with douchemun's. good luck with that

Child of Grace, would it be fair to say that if Narendra Modi were to fart it would be a lovely perfume as far as you are concerned.

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:08 pm

Kinnera wrote:

"So, would you rather have the ones who have a horrible record on corruption, legislation and governance than the man who is against the slaughter and export of animals?

That article made me want to have Modi as the PM more than at anytime.

"The second is A.K. Antony, who informs Parliament that people wearing the dress of Pakistan Army beheaded our soldiers while our Army says Pakistanis had done so.” He (modi) demanded to know: “Who do you (A.K. Anthony) want to benefit with your statement?”

Did A.K. Anthony guy really say that? Whoa! What kind morale will the indian soldiers have if our own politicians, instead of showing anger and dismay at the beheading of our soldiers, try to cover up what the pakistani soldiers did and blame it on our own people? What does A.K. Anthony really gain by that? Who does he really want to please? It's ridiculous that the author of the article is angered that Modi was bringing this up and questioning the intentions of A.K. What a bas*tid of an author! The whole article is ridiculous. Kudos to Modi! He is the one that India needs, not the enemies of their own country.

For crying out loud, he is defense minister, will follow standard protocols, won't blame other countries willy-nilly. And this is what he actually said

"A K Antony said attack on Indian soldiers was carried out by 20 heavily-armed terrorists along with persons in Pakistan army uniform."

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:21 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

"

Don't you worry about my parsing skills. Modi being thrusted into national spotlight recently, is still an unknown quantity to majority of Indians. He was a local leader like CBN or Jayalalitha, people in other states may have heard of him but aren't very familiar about him. I've learned a few details about (his prejudices) him in last few days. To think any criticism of him is grasping at straws is unfair. For you his comments on meat eaters may seem trivial and Gujaratis may approve of his views on pink revolution & non-vegetarians but the folks in other states may not. Also, it is hypocritical of him to blame congress while meat production in his own state doubled in recent years.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next