Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meanwhile, a social activist against modi...

+4
pravalika nanda
Kris
MaxEntropy_Man
Propagandhi711
8 posters

Go down

Meanwhile, a social activist against modi... Empty Meanwhile, a social activist against modi...

Post by Propagandhi711 Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:00 pm

Is in the court for you guessed it, "corruption"

http://www.dnaindia.com/mumbai/report-no-bombay-high-court-relief-for-teesta-setalvad-husband-in-fund-embezzlement-case-1975341

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Meanwhile, a social activist against modi... Empty Re: Meanwhile, a social activist against modi...

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:26 pm

did you watch that video rawemotions posted where someone asked modi if muslims should feel threatened in a bjp governed india? did you watch the answer he gave? he gave a rambling answer about what hinduism was all about. why not simply say that they have nothing to fear because they are equal citizens and have equal rights as given to them by the indian constitution and that the government will uphold their rights?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Meanwhile, a social activist against modi... Empty Re: Meanwhile, a social activist against modi...

Post by Propagandhi711 Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:28 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:did you watch that video rawemotions posted where someone asked modi if muslims should feel threatened in a bjp governed india? did you watch the answer he gave? he gave a rambling answer about what hinduism was all about. why not simply say that they have nothing to fear because they are equal citizens and have equal rights as given to them by the indian constitution and that the government will uphold their rights?

I didnt watch it, but if modi were to say what you wanted him to say would you endorse him?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:34 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:did you watch that video rawemotions posted where someone asked modi if muslims should feel threatened in a bjp governed india? did you watch the answer he gave? he gave a rambling answer about what hinduism was all about. why not simply say that they have nothing to fear because they are equal citizens and have equal rights as given to them by the indian constitution and that the government will uphold their rights?

I didnt watch it, but if modi were to say what you wanted him to say would you endorse him?

no but it may at least get me closer to a point where i start viewing rahul gandhi's negligible intellect and modi's sins of 2002 in a somewhat equal light. look i wish the indian people genuinely had a third choice, but they don't, and so we'll have to muddle through whatever happens.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:50 pm

>>>His rambling answer aside, in practical terms what do you think he will/can do if elected, in the current day context with a very vocal opposition and an active media?

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:53 pm

Kris wrote:

>>>His rambling answer aside, in practical terms what do you think he will/can do if elected, in the current day context with a very vocal opposition and an active media?

Many media people who have been critical of Modi have now been effectively silenced. For instance:

http://scroll.in/article/why-cnn-ibns-sagarika-ghose-can-no-longer-criticise-modi?id=655950

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:05 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Kris wrote:

Many media people who have been critical of Modi have now been effectively silenced. For instance:

http://scroll.in/article/why-cnn-ibns-sagarika-ghose-can-no-longer-criticise-modi?id=655950

>>> I read some of it. Is it a case of her employers not wanting her to editorialize, since she is a journalist? I am not sure what her role is with her employer and hence, my question. Aside from that, in the current day context, you have the internet which is a venue for anyone with access to weigh in with their opinions. You also have the global media. Even assuming the Indian media can be muzzled, it is but a subset of the global scene. India's governance structure is basically pretty robust, with a healthy opposition which is another counter.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:07 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

no but it may at least get me closer to a point where i start viewing rahul gandhi's negligible intellect and modi's sins of 2002 in a somewhat equal light. look i wish the indian people genuinely had a third choice, but they don't, and so we'll have to muddle through whatever happens.
max, one can be a leader with neglible intellect if you at least have the good sense to surround yourself with bright people. the problem is that rahul gandhi has no courage, no opinions, no sense of what india needs. he should do something that suits his personality more like making tiramisu, or rum babas or napoleans and cannolis and bringing a lot of happiness to the world like that. or take up something else that suits his personality, like gardening. the problems of india are not really up his aisle. he has zero leadership skills. he inspires no one. i just feel bad that his mom is so clueless and power-hungry that she sends this reasonably nice chap into the fire of  politics. one should be like an eagle or a lion or a hawk and earn his place in the pantheon of power, it's not handed to you like that.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:15 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

max, one can be a leader with neglible intellect if you at least have the good sense to surround yourself with bright people. the problem is that rahul gandhi has no courage, no opinions, no sense of what india needs. he should do something that suits his personality more like making tiramisu, or rum babas or napoleans and cannolis and bringing a lot of happiness to the world like that. or take up something else that suits his personality, like gardening. the problems of india are not really up his aisle. he has zero leadership skills. he inspires no one. i just feel bad that his mom is so clueless and power-hungry that she sends this reasonably nice chap into the fire of  politics. one should be like an eagle or a lion or a hawk and earn his place in the pantheon of power, it's not handed to you like that.
>>>>You can't blame her. You have a tribe of supplicants and sycophants over the past 2 generations that has cultivated this sense of entitlement in her. Rahul Gandhi should move to NY and get into investment banking or something. He has/had a great uncle (hutheesingh?) who was in the industry once. RG can capitalize on his name and could bring in clients.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:19 pm

Kris wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

>>>>You can't blame her. You have a tribe of supplicants and sycophants over the past 2 generations that has cultivated this sense of entitlement in her. Rahul Gandhi should move to NY and get into investment banking or something. He has/had a great uncle (hutheesingh?) who was in the industry once. RG can capitalize on his name and could bring in clients.
rahul in investment banking, my my did he fall out of your womb?

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:22 pm

Kris wrote:

the media and the opposition were no less active and vocal in 2002. would you be comfortable electing david duke as president? after all what do you think he will/can do if elected given the active american media?

Last edited by MaxEntropy_Man on Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:24 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:
Kris wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

>> I don't have a womb, at least last time I checked Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:36 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

so you feel this election is a choice between rahul's negligible intellect and modi's SUPPOSED AND UNPROVEN sins of 2002? I think you're completely missing the point. 

the choice is between congress party's abject mismanagement (of law & order, international PR, relations with hostile countries, economy, social progress & their shameful corruption at all levels) and a dynamic regional leader with clear anti corruption and pro growth credentials that also electrifies large swaths of the country's youth. 

what I see as positives for modi are:
a) his administrative, law & order, anti corruption cred
b) just plain leadership qualities he displays
c) the fact that he steamrolled and pushed into retirement the stodgy upper caste old guard of BJP is very encouraging in my book...I think he'll be genuinely welcoming of strong BJP leaders in his mold from various parts of the country that arent just UP brahmins in their late 70s that still cling to old ways and recite shitty urdu/hindi poetry.

india needs bold younger leaders that come up through meritocracy and are truly representative of it's vast underclass while being capable and not beholden to the traditional establishment and I think those leaders would be exactly in the mold of modi. and he's likely to find and nurture those exact type of leaders to succeed him - the usual handwringing about his 'autocratic style' not withstanding, he doesnt have family heirs so he's infinitely more likely to groom deserving leadership for the future with is very bullish for the country.

finally, looking at the way he navigated the past 12 yrs under a microscope, one gets a good measure of the man: it's clear that he's capable, calculating, machiavellian and bold in equal degrees which will stand the country in good lead when it comes to foreign policy. I said this before a year ago on this forum and will say again: there is no choice but Modi. I dont have any time for the intellectuals' hand wringing over fascist bogeymen under their beds.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:53 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Kris wrote:

the media and the opposition were no less active and vocal in 2002. would you be comfortable electing david duke as president? after all what do you think he will/can do if elected given the active american media?
>>>>It is not about me being comfortable with him and the question is academic since David Duke will not get elected. In the very weird off-chance he gets elected, he cannot get away with killing blacks or other minorities, since the checks and balances i.e. media and opposition, will act as a serious counter. Your juxtaposition of these two individuals actually brings forth a point, albeit one you may not have intended. The reason Duke won't make it is because he cannot survive the vetting out process. Modi on the other hand is poised to quite possibly getting elected. We can draw one of the following conclusions then from this: (1) Modi's stances are far less outlandish than Duke's; (2) the voting public has other issues it is worried about; (3) a sizeable part of the Indian voting public seriously has it in for minorities. Modi's success thus far, I think, is a combination of #1 and #2.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:03 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

so you feel this election is a choice between rahul's negligible intellect and modi's SUPPOSED AND UNPROVEN sins of 2002? I think you're completely missing the point. 

the choice is between congress party's abject mismanagement (of law & order, international PR, relations with hostile countries, economy, social progress & their shameful corruption at all levels) and a dynamic regional leader with clear anti corruption and pro growth credentials that also electrifies large swaths of the country's youth. 

what I see as positives for modi are:
a) his administrative, law & order, anti corruption cred
b) just plain leadership qualities he displays
c) the fact that he steamrolled and pushed into retirement the stodgy upper caste old guard of BJP is very encouraging in my book...I think he'll be genuinely welcoming of strong BJP leaders in his mold from various parts of the country that arent just UP brahmins in their late 70s that still cling to old ways and recite shitty urdu/hindi poetry.

>>> Weren't those contests held in Lahore, kind of in the Hindi-Paki bhai bhai spirit?

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:44 pm

Kris wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:
Kris wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

How can you check yourself?

....this is more likely than Kejriwal becoming the PM..

>> I don't have a womb, at least last time I checked Smile

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:20 pm

If that answer is considered rambling, you need to have your head examined. It was the best answer anyone could give. They did not ask Modi that question to know about Laws of India. 

It would have been too easy for him to do that. He gave a framework for Muslim Citizens, which clarifies things beyond the constitution.

They asked him that question specifically because of a perception that he did not do enough to curb riots. BTW 1/4th of those killed in those riots were Hindus, and not one person seems to shed any tear for them. 

BTW when you mention rights, why are you forgetting duties OR you think duties are only for Hindus and do not apply for Muslims like the media ? [size=12.800000190734863]Seems like you need lesson in Civics.[/size]

Anyway where is Law, when communal parties like SP/Congress releases Manifestos promising reservation of Muslims (which is against Constitution of India) and when Congress supports the same. Why doesn't media ask them about that ?

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:32 am

Kris wrote:

If Modi/BJP is elected, Modi will again try to harm non-hindus insidiously, just as he did in Gujarat in 2002, but this time, he'll be cleverer and more careful.

Because he thinks that no one will notice the malignancy that he spreads clandestinely, and non-hindus and the media are likely to see through his malice, his pm-ship will end in disaster for him, the BJP, and India.

Within three years of Narenbhai taking the reins, I expect to see a violent revolution in India, in reaction to his misrule.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:17 am

swapna wrote:
Kris wrote:

If Modi/BJP is elected, Modi will again try to harm non-hindus insidiously, just as he did in Gujarat in 2002, but this time, he'll be cleverer and more careful.

Because he thinks that no one will notice the malignancy that he spreads clandestinely, and non-hindus and the media are likely to see through his malice, his pm-ship will end in disaster for him, the BJP, and India.

Within three years of Narenbhai taking the reins, I expect to see a violent revolution in India, in reaction to his misrule.

>>> You are free to speculate. The only things we know are that he has a vast following, including muslims. There are guys like Akbar who have done an about face on their views of him. There is yet to be a conviction against him in a court of law, 12 years later. Lastly, for all the problems India has, it still has a healthy infrastructure for governance which provides checks and balances. Even assuming the worst about him, your doomsday scenario does not seem like a possibility.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:43 am

Speaking of clandestine activities and harming people insidiously, how is Flimflam's plan working? Now that you reentered the such under a cleverly disguised sweet Hindu name, are you able to influence those Tamil thambis to become anti naarthindians?

Are you still observing Hindus defacating along rail tracks?

May be you should also study modi bhai to learn a trick or two in treachery? Bring along your other identity michell for company.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down