Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Girish Karnad: "An evil like Modi has entered the fray in Indian politics after a very long time"

2 posters

Go down

Girish Karnad: "An evil like Modi has entered the fray in Indian politics after a very long time" Empty Girish Karnad: "An evil like Modi has entered the fray in Indian politics after a very long time"

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:49 am

http://www.newindianexpress.com/states/karnataka/Writers-Back-Congress-Call-Modi-Evil/2014/04/04/article2148775.ece#.U0luNigvp94

Last edited by Rashmun on Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:53 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Girish Karnad: "An evil like Modi has entered the fray in Indian politics after a very long time" Empty Re: Girish Karnad: "An evil like Modi has entered the fray in Indian politics after a very long time"

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:53 am

Denying that he has joined the Congress, actor and playwright Girish Karnad said Congress holds a safe future for the country. “An evil like Modi has entered the fray in Indian politics after a very long time and he has deluded other BJP members who have lost their own intelligence,” he said.

Even sitting Bangalore South MP H N Ananth Kumar was not spared by Karnad. “We want someone who can be Karnataka’s leader. But in the last 10 years, he has always looked North, which should make him ‘Uttar’ Kumar instead. Now, he has reached a level where he is seeking votes for Modi and not himself,” he said....

Karnad explicitly said he would rather support Congress candidate for Bangalore South Nandan Nilekani. “He has given the city Infosys. In fact, I want people like N R Narayana Murthy, Azim Premji and Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw to enter politics,” he said. He backed Nilekani, C Narayanaswamy and Rizwan Arshad for the Bangalore Urban Lok Sabha seats. When asked why he is not supporting parties such as the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP), Karnad said: “I sympathise with the AAP, but I support Congress because I believe it is the only party now that can beat Modi.”

Back to top Go down

Girish Karnad: "An evil like Modi has entered the fray in Indian politics after a very long time" Empty Re: Girish Karnad: "An evil like Modi has entered the fray in Indian politics after a very long time"

Post by pravalika nanda Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:11 pm

i wonder why nilekani chose congress over bjp. it must have been all that brainwashing about how secular they are.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:20 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:i wonder why nilekani chose congress over bjp. it must have been all that brainwashing about how secular they are.

Well...he is 'close' to Sonia.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:43 pm

some men just want to be dogs.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down