Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DR. Swamy asks a good question

+3
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
rawemotions
Rishi
7 posters

Go down

DR. Swamy asks a good question Empty DR. Swamy asks a good question

Post by Rishi Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:29 pm

http://www.timesnow.tv/Debate-FightGetsPersonal---3/videoshow/4452057.cms

>>>Watch from 4:15

Rishi

Back to top Go down

DR. Swamy asks a good question Empty Re: DR. Swamy asks a good question

Post by rawemotions Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:42 pm

I did not know the Congress Party President allegedly lied about her educational qualifications in 2004 and 2009. Apparently she never went to Cambridge.

Thanks to the Congress Foolishness of taking up a non-issue, things are tumbling out.

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:02 pm

rawemotions wrote:I did not know the Congress Party President allegedly lied about her educational qualifications in 2004 and 2009. Apparently she never went to Cambridge.

Thanks to the Congress Foolishness of taking up a non-issue, things are tumbling out.

She sure would have gone to Cambridge - but not for studying.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:07 pm

It is really pathetic. Is this how ppl discuss? Smile

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:17 pm

rawemotions wrote:I did not know the Congress Party President allegedly lied about her educational qualifications in 2004 and 2009. Apparently she never went to Cambridge.

>>>There is a book by Northcote Parkinson 'in-lawsand outlaws' where he advises young men to go spend a weekend in Oxford and after that pepper their conversations with 'when I was at Oxford....' to get into the right social set so they could marry rich women.

P.S. I have spent a minimal amount of time in the town of Oxford (the pubs had good balti curry), but did not know how to convert that to membership in high society or a rich wife Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:23 pm

Rishi wrote:http://www.timesnow.tv/Debate-FightGetsPersonal---3/videoshow/4452057.cms

the debates on Indian Tv are notorious. no one - including the host - don't know how to talk in debates. shouting and all taking at the same time are trademarks of desis.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:28 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Rishi wrote:http://www.timesnow.tv/Debate-FightGetsPersonal---3/videoshow/4452057.cms

the debates on Indian Tv are notorious. no one - including the host - don't know how to talk in debates. shouting and all taking at the same time are trademarks of desis.
The fish market talk is quite common on Times Now.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:38 pm

Kris wrote:

>>>There is a book by Northcote Parkinson 'in-lawsand outlaws' where he advises young men to go spend a weekend in Oxford and after that pepper their conversations with 'when I was at Oxford....' to get into the right social set so they could marry rich women.

P.S. I have spent a minimal amount of time in the town of Oxford (the pubs had good balti curry), but did not know how to convert that to membership in high society or a rich wife Smile

I was also once at Oxford....does Oxford, Miss count?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:29 am

>>>Do you want to go back to the days of Doordarshan style of interviews?

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:39 am

not very different from when bill o reilly interviews someone.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:40 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

not very different from when bill o reilly interviews someone.

A lot depends on the host. I have noticed that be it Karan, Arnab or anyone else, Indian hosts talk much of the time. Sundays panels on CBS, NBC and ABC are not like this.

I always liked Ted Koppel. IMO, there is no one better. He knew how to to be tough and yet respectful and not come across as a bully or an attention seeking host.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down