Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Modi voter in Rajasthan thinks Gujarat is a utopia

Go down

The Modi voter in Rajasthan thinks Gujarat is a utopia Empty The Modi voter in Rajasthan thinks Gujarat is a utopia

Post by Guest Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:14 am

All of them talk about what he has done for Gujarat but none of them have been to Gujarat. Ask them what the Gujarat model is and they say things like “there are no uneducated people there”, “tourism is very good”, “everyone has a job”. This is what they have heard and this is what they believe, they tell me. 66 year old Jaipur businessman Trilok Joshi is more skeptical about Modi’s Gujarat “boasts”. “He comes here and says everyone in India lives on our milk. What if people from Uttarakhand started saying, ‘If we stop the Ganga none of you will get Moksha?’ What sort of logic is this?” But the pride of young Modi supporters I meet is not hurt by Modi’s assertion of Gujarat’s superiority. For them Gujarat is no longer a neighbouring state they can compete with on statistics. It is another word for a utopia they have never seen.

In Rajasthan people talk about their leaders, local and national, intimately. They like to believe they know them, their antecedents; analyze them closely like they would family members. Modi is an anomaly in this culture. No one seems to know much about him. But despite his enigma, or perhaps because of it, they want to vote for him. 88 year old Nahar Singh has worked in the BJP at the grassroots level for most of his life. He has never met Modi, nor seen him. I ask him why he thinks the Gujarat CM is likely to become PM and he answers simply: “Because the media has said he will become PM.”

http://www.dnaindia.com/analysis/standpoint-what-is-the-modi-wave-and-what-does-it-mean-for-the-congress-party-in-rajasthan-1979237

Back to top Go down

The Modi voter in Rajasthan thinks Gujarat is a utopia Empty Re: The Modi voter in Rajasthan thinks Gujarat is a utopia

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:34 am

Looks like he is brain-washed by CON's sikular BS.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down