Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bihar: Caste politics neutralizes the 'Modi wave'

4 posters

Go down

Bihar: Caste politics neutralizes the 'Modi wave' Empty Bihar: Caste politics neutralizes the 'Modi wave'

Post by Guest Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:43 am

http://scroll.in/article/662400/Caste-politics-neutralises-Modi-wave-in-Bihar,-BJP-in-race-for-only-9-seats

Back to top Go down

Bihar: Caste politics neutralizes the 'Modi wave' Empty Re: Bihar: Caste politics neutralizes the 'Modi wave'

Post by Guest Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:56 pm

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1140420/jsp/nation/story_18259296.jsp#.U1V3Aygvp94

Back to top Go down

Bihar: Caste politics neutralizes the 'Modi wave' Empty Re: Bihar: Caste politics neutralizes the 'Modi wave'

Post by truthbetold Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:08 pm

Did diggy pay this writer?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:22 pm

truthbetold wrote:Did diggy pay this writer?

u sound like you are beginning to panic. Like how the corporate houses who have spent thousands of crores on Modi's campaign must be panicking at the news from Bihar.

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:35 pm

Last NDTV poll was taking into consideration that TDP/BJP will sweep in Seemandhra, however, they might come short by at least 5-8 seats in Andhra/Telangana and if the same happens in Bihar that will change the equation.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:21 pm

Rashmun wrote:

u sound like you are beginning to panic. Like how the corporate houses who have spent thousands of crores on Modi's campaign must be panicking at the news from Bihar.
am i panicking?
let us see. am i searching day and night for some news supporting my arguments?
am i digging up old articles to look for some mud?
am i talking about communal talk like UP Brahmins doing this or that?
am i exaggerating using labels such as Nazi?
am i a lackey of idiot diggy?
am i supporting a loser like rahul?
am i supporting a corruption monster like jagan ?
may be someone should look in mirror.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:06 pm

truthbetold wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

am i panicking?
let us see. am i searching day and night for some news supporting my arguments?
am i digging up old articles to look for some mud?
am i talking about communal talk like UP Brahmins doing this or that?
am i exaggerating using labels such as Nazi?
am i a lackey of idiot diggy?
am i supporting a loser like rahul?
am i supporting a  corruption monster like jagan ?
may be someone should look in mirror.

when have i ever supported jagan? i am discussing the role of UP brahmins in elections and using labels like Nazi because media is doing the same.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:07 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:Last NDTV poll was taking into consideration that TDP/BJP will sweep in Seemandhra, however, they might come short by at least 5-8 seats in Andhra/Telangana and if the same happens in Bihar that will change the equation.

NDTV poll was also giving more than 50 seats--out of the total 80 in UP-- to BJP. I suspect the actual number of seats BJP wins from UP will also be significantly less.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:11 pm

Rashmun wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:Last NDTV poll was taking into consideration that TDP/BJP will sweep in Seemandhra, however, they might come short by at least 5-8 seats in Andhra/Telangana and if the same happens in Bihar that will change the equation.

NDTV poll was also giving more than 50 seats--out of the total 80 in UP-- to BJP. I suspect the actual number of seats BJP wins from UP will also be significantly less.

The Bhartiya Janata Party's Lok Sabha candidate in Nawada in Bihar, Giriraj Singh, is unrepentant. He knows his party is trying to project a soft image of Narendra Modi, but he's in no mood to apologise for his remark that all Modi's critics will have to go to Pakistan after Modi become prime minister in a few weeks. His statement only exacerbates fears that a Modi government will be intolerant of dissidents, branding them as anti-national, or seditious. The idea of expulsion from the country suggests how extreme this intolerance could get.

But why Pakistan? Why didn't Singh just say Modi's critics would have to leave India and allow them to choose their own destinations? What Singh really meant was that Muslims would have to go to Pakistan. If he had said as much, though, the Election Commission would have come down heavily on him for so obviously violating the model code of conduct for the elections, which stipulates that candidates cannot spread communal disharmony in their campaigning. But without demonising Muslims, there's no way the BJP can win Bihar and Uttar Pradesh. They know no other trick. We heard Amit Shah's speeches in western Uttar Pradesh recently. This election is a fight for honour and revenge, he told Jats as he defended people accused of fanning riots in Muzaffarnagar. For BJP leaders to resort to such tactics, there must really be no Modi wave in UP and Bihar.

Their strategy is simple: demonise Muslims, raise issues that set the terms of the political campaign on Hindu-Muslim lines, and scare Hindus into voting for the BJP. In the absence of such polarisation, Hindu voters would be divided along caste lines, supporting caste-based parties such as those led by Lalu Prasad Yadav, Nitish Kumar, Mualayam Singh Yadav or Mayawati. For the BJP, the Muslim is the new Hindu rakshasa. If all Muslims were to leave India, for Pakistan or wherever, the BJP would have to invent another enemy to prevent Hindus from seeing identities other than their religion as important.

http://scroll.in/article/662417/If-the-BJP-wants-Modi's-critics-to-leave-India,-why-does-it-want-them-to-go-to-Pakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:49 pm

TBT ,
Looks like you are not paying attention to the rules of SuCH.

1. If an article is pro-modi , it will be deemed as a fact that it is a paid article, paid by either a modi supporter or some corporate houses. Doesn't matter if it is spoof or if it is by a known modi basher like Aakar patel.
https://such.forumotion.com/t18843-to-rashmun#135047 .
2. If the article is anti-modi , then the author is just following his secular journalistic ethics and definitely not paid by diggy or anyone else.
3. If you question any of this , you will be automatically labelled as a chaddi by Rashmun and a thirstie by a intellectual-sounding-and-sitting-on-a high-horse-and-looking-down-on-everybody-else secular types.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:54 pm

Rashmun wrote:http://www.telegraphindia.com/1140420/jsp/nation/story_18259296.jsp#.U1V3Aygvp94

http://www.hindustantimes.com/elections2014/state-of-the-states/the-return-of-lalu-yadav/article1-1210674.aspx

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:10 pm

"NDTV's survey was preceded by an interview with BJP's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on a Hindi channel, India TV. The interview drew the ire of critics, who claimed that India TV is biased in favour of the BJP. The TV station's director of news resigned the following day."

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2014/04/paid-news-clouds-india-elections-2014416121619668302.html

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:17 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:"NDTV's survey was preceded by an interview with BJP's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on a Hindi channel, India TV. The interview drew the ire of critics, who claimed that India TV is biased in favour of the BJP. The TV station's director of news resigned the following day."

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2014/04/paid-news-clouds-india-elections-2014416121619668302.html

speaking of impartiality of media, an old but still relevant piece:

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/11/18/magazine/18ALJAZEERA.html

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:34 pm

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1140424/jsp/bihar/story_18272847.jsp

Note: Seemanchal is a region in Bihar.

---
Most of the Muslims The Telegraph spoke to in the course of its whirlwind tour from Banka and Bhagalpur in the south of the Ganga to Purnea and Kishanganj in the north of the river and from Kishanganj to Katihar to Araria bordering Nepal and Bengal spoke in glowing terms for the embattled chief minister for his performance and also for his decision to break out from the BJP.

But the refrain was the same. “Yeh upar ka chunav hai, is baar Modi ko harana hai. Vidhan sabha mein Nitish ko hi vote dengein (It is the election for the top position. We have to defeat Modi this time. We will vote for Nitish in the Assembly elections),” said Mohammad Iqbal, a participant in an election rally that Lalu had addressed at Kasba in the Purnea Lok Sabha constituency on Tuesday.

Lalu is the “original” and more raw and belligerent opponent of the Sangh parivar — be it L.K. Advani or Modi — who seems to have emerged as the “vehicle” for the anti-BJP forces to board their antipathy on to defeat the saffron candidates stopping their icon, Modi, from becoming the Prime Minister. “Is baar Lalu ka saath khoon maaf hai..Modi ko harana hai (We will pardon Lalu even if he has committed seven murders this time around…we have to defeat Modi),” said Mohammad Shahnawaz Alam, a Muslim farmer in Araria.

The spirited drive of the Muslims in Bhagalpur, Katihar, Purnea and Araria to “smother” the Modi wave in the land where the community matters so much has placed the RJD-Congress and NCP nominees in almost as well-placed a state as they were in the 1990s till 2004. What has given an X-factor to such drives is the strong presence of the Yadavs, Lalu’s caste men, who have all along voted against the BJP and are gearing up once again to vote against the saffron brigade.

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:47 pm

So you are a big fan of caste politics. And they make you super excited. Good to know. You are a noble person, in deed.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down