Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

talveen singh talking to such.intellectuals

+4
MaxEntropy_Man
rawemotions
confuzzled dude
truthbetold
8 posters

Go down

talveen singh talking to such.intellectuals Empty talveen singh talking to such.intellectuals

Post by truthbetold Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:32 pm

http://indianexpress.com/article/opinion/columns/fifth-column-a-dangerous-disconnect/

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

talveen singh talking to such.intellectuals Empty Re: talveen singh talking to such.intellectuals

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:41 pm

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

talveen singh talking to such.intellectuals Empty Re: talveen singh talking to such.intellectuals

Post by truthbetold Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:52 pm

To all those smart people who claim modi wave is a media creation, she says most media is opposed to modi.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:00 pm

truthbetold wrote:To all those smart people who claim modi wave is a media creation,  she says most media is opposed to modi.

Tavleen has no credibility. She is a fraud.

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:10 pm

Rashmun wrote:
truthbetold wrote:To all those smart people who claim modi wave is a media creation,  she says most media is opposed to modi.

Why is that so? Because rashmun said so?

I read her columns for a long time in Indian express. She is independent and provides sharp rejoinders to sheep like secular jurnos. She writes well.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:21 pm

truthbetold wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

I read her columns for a long time in Indian express. She is independent and provides sharp rejoinders to sheep like secular jurnos.  She writes well.

She has become an ardent Narendra Modi/BJP supporter even though she has a son with a Pakistani politician and further she used to be a very close friend of Sonia Gandhi before she fell out with Sonia and so she became vindictive against Sonia.

The reason she fell out with Sonia was because she convinced Sonia to allow her to write a "profile" piece on Sonia. This was when Rajiv was alive. Against the advice of Rajiv's staff Sonia agreed. Tavleen herself says in her book that after she wrote the piece another journalist of India Today was asked to add some "bite" to the article. When the article was published in India Today it had many unflattering things to say about Sonia. Essentially the article claimed Sonia to be a dumb doll. Sonia called Tavleen to say that is not the person I am and eventually cut off relations with Tavleen.

Tavleen herself says that when her son was growing up he was among the most well dressed boys in Delhi because Sonia used to buy clothes for Tavleen's son.

If u are so close to Sonia that u are accepting Sonia's gifts to u and your son, u get Sonia to agree to give access for a "profile" piece and then the profile piece says Sonia is a dumb doll it was acceptable for Sonia to drop Tavleen. What was not acceptable was for Tavleen to forget Sonia's favors to her in the past and become extremely vindictive against Sonia.

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:01 pm

Rashmun wrote:
truthbetold wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

I read her columns for a long time in Indian express. She is independent and provides sharp rejoinders to sheep like secular jurnos.  She writes well.

She has become an ardent Narendra Modi/BJP supporter even though she has a son with a Pakistani politician and further she used to be a very close friend of Sonia Gandhi before she fell out with Sonia and so she became vindictive against Sonia.

The reason she fell out with Sonia was because she convinced Sonia to allow her to write a "profile" piece on Sonia. This was when Rajiv was alive. Against the advice of Rajiv's staff Sonia agreed. Tavleen herself says in her book that after she wrote the piece another journalist of India Today was asked to add some "bite" to the article. When the article was published in India Today it had many unflattering things to say about Sonia. Essentially the article claimed Sonia to be a dumb doll. Sonia called Tavleen to say that is not the person I am and eventually cut off relations with Tavleen.

Tavleen herself says that when her son was growing up he was among the most well dressed boys in Delhi because Sonia used to buy clothes for Tavleen's son.

If u are so close to Sonia that u are accepting Sonia's gifts to u and your son, u get Sonia to agree to give access for a "profile" piece and then the profile piece says Sonia is a dumb doll it was acceptable for Sonia to drop Tavleen. What was not acceptable was for Tavleen to forget Sonia's favors to her in the past and become extremely vindictive against Sonia.
I do not get this. This is your version. We do not hear the other side of the story. So she had some personal issue with Sonia. But how does that make her a Fraud? Are you suggesting that she is a fraud because she has turned into a NM supporter. Every single journalist that you eulogise from Karan Thapar to Aakar Patel and dubious characters who do yellow journalism like Tehelka/Gulail/Cobrapost would have some personal issues with someone.

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:09 pm

rawemotions wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
truthbetold wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

I do not get this. This is your version. We do not hear the other side of the story. So she had some personal issue with Sonia. But how does that make her a Fraud? Are you suggesting that she is a fraud because she has turned into a NM supporter. Every single journalist that you eulogise from Karan Thapar to Aakar Patel and dubious characters who do yellow journalism like Tehelka/Gulail/Cobrapost would have some personal issues with someone.

Is it justified to accept Sonia's gifts for yourself and your son, to be good friends with Sonia, and then to become vindictive against Sonia after she drops u from her circle of friends for writing that she is a dumb doll in an article for which u had requested and had received exclusive access to Sonia. Tavleen should have returned all the gifts she received for herself and for her son ( whose dad, Tavleen's lover, was a Pakistani politician) at the minimum before expressing her vindictiveness towards Sonia. We will overlook all the gettogethers and parties she enjoyed at Sonia's expense, but if she has a shred of decency she should return all the gifts. If she does not then I am fully justified in calling her a fraud and scum.

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:17 pm

Rashmun wrote:
rawemotions wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
truthbetold wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

Is it justified to accept Sonia's gifts for yourself and your son, to be good friends with Sonia, and then to become vindictive against Sonia after she drops u from her circle of friends for writing that she is a dumb doll in an article for which u had requested and had received exclusive access to Sonia. Tavleen should have returned all the gifts she received for herself and for her son ( whose dad, Tavleen's lover,  was a Pakistani politician) at the minimum before expressing her vindictiveness towards Sonia. We will overlook all the gettogethers and parties she enjoyed at Sonia's expense, but if she has a shred of decency she should return all the gifts. If she does not then I am fully justified in calling her a fraud and scum.
As i said when you have personal relationship there are always two sides to a story. I do not want to get into that. Somebody just does not write about a powerful person like Sonia without some history. Only a insiders words OR the protagonists words can  be trusted in this matter. Not yours, who has no connection to any of these two. But nevertheless acrimony in a relationship does not qualify a person to be called a Fraud. Moderate your tone buddy! And as I said, all journalists have personal issues with someone or other. That does not make them a fraud.

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:42 pm

Rash

Not every one is as accepting of of what they read.  You seem to think anything that fits your POV is wonderful and anyone who differs from your view point is a SOB. 

The inside story you wrote is probably good for a ladies gossip column. But what ever may be their source of anger, most readers can pick up the difference between and phony and a real writer.  She is a very good writer. 

Unlike Karan Thapar who gets overzealous when it comes to Modi and loses objectivity, Talveen provides good reasoning to support her POV. It is ok if you do not like her pov but there is no need yo go into sob stories to denigrate her.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:07 pm

is this woman atish taseer's mother? i don't know about her, but her son is brilliant.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:13 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:is this woman atish taseer's mother? i don't know about her, but her son is brilliant.

Yes she is. You are too easily impressed.

Mihir Sharma on his twitter feed on Aarish Taseer's article in Open magazine:

Aatish Taseer, whose goal in life is to make Rahul Gandhi look like an intellectual giant in comparison, on Benares: openthemagazine.com/article/voices…

the parts that are correct are far from original, if anything a cliche; and the parts that are original are far from correct.

And this is Aatish's article:

http://www.openthemagazine.com/article/voices/there-s-no-silence-louder-than-rahul-in-benares

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:03 pm

rawemotions wrote:

Whats so difficult to understand? Typical UP mindset - they have been erased of their hinduness and independent thinking over the last 1000 years, and been brainwashed into supporting the rulers - without questioning. Naturally, they fell at the feet of Moguls, and now the supporters of Mughal descendants or Pseudo muslims.

Perhaps, UP should be divided into 3 parts with one going to Harijans. The UPdom should be demlished for too long they have been draining India's resources and have not developed one bit.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:56 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:oh! no, another monologue of mau.....
https://such.forumotion.com/t22215-the-monologue-of-the-modi-mausi

Oh! no, another 'pseudo sec sucher' pre-deciding what constitutes a 'balanced view'. 
https://such.forumotion.com/t22215-the-monologue-of-the-modi-mausi#150772

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:57 pm

For my pains, I have been labelled anti-Muslim, anti-Sonia and fascist. There are other charges unrepeatable in a family newspaper. What has intrigued me most is the arrogant assumption that it is wrong to support Modi. Famous editors and public intellectuals have gone public with their love for Sonia Gandhi and her children and this is considered normal, but unless you compare Modi to Hitler, you are an intellectual pariah.

This needs courage, conviction and a lot of self-confidence. It's easy to be a psedo secularist, an 'intellectual', a fashion liberal and a phoney. Not being all that is tough in india and among the indian circles.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:13 pm

Kinnera wrote:For my pains, I have been labelled anti-Muslim, anti-Sonia and fascist. There are other charges unrepeatable in a family newspaper. What has intrigued me most is the arrogant assumption that it is wrong to support Modi. Famous editors and public intellectuals have gone public with their love for Sonia Gandhi and her children and this is considered normal, but unless you compare Modi to Hitler, you are an intellectual pariah.

This needs courage, conviction and a lot of self-confidence. It's easy to be a psedo secularist, an 'intellectual', a fashion liberal and a phoney. Not being all that is tough in india and among the indian circles.
LOL.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:30 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
Kinnera wrote:For my pains, I have been labelled anti-Muslim, anti-Sonia and fascist. There are other charges unrepeatable in a family newspaper. What has intrigued me most is the arrogant assumption that it is wrong to support Modi. Famous editors and public intellectuals have gone public with their love for Sonia Gandhi and her children and this is considered normal, but unless you compare Modi to Hitler, you are an intellectual pariah.

LOL.
Isn't that true though. :-)

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:49 pm

Rashmun wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:is this woman atish taseer's mother? i don't know about her, but her son is brilliant.

http://www.openthemagazine.com/article/voices/there-s-no-silence-louder-than-rahul-in-benares

you don't have to agree with everything a writer writes to like him. i had posted an article sometime ago that he had written, about his travels through muslim lands. i think this guy has the potential to be the next naipual. i don't agree with everything naipaul writes either.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:18 pm

Rashmun wrote:

Mihir Sharma on his twitter feed on Aarish Taseer's article in Open magazine:

Aatish Taseer, whose goal in life is to make Rahul Gandhi look like an intellectual giant in comparison, on Benares: openthemagazine.com/article/voices…

the parts that are correct are far from original, if anything a cliche; and the parts that are original are far from correct.

And this is Aatish's article:

sleep-inducing. the only line i liked was the one where he says that indians are a conjunction of denim, phone and television!!! so funny and true.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down