Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Status in SA - YSRC is giving tough fight to CBN

3 posters

Go down

Status in SA - YSRC is giving tough fight to CBN Empty Status in SA - YSRC is giving tough fight to CBN

Post by rawemotions Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:25 pm

http://www.ndtv.com/elections/article/election-news/congress-two-big-mistakes-in-andhra-pradesh-515167?pfrom=home-otherstories

CBN/TD should have hammered home the fact that YSRC is a B-team of Congress, and  was conveniently let off from Jail by GOI, well before the elections

Another interesting point caught my eye (in red below). 
It appears that in this aspect, AP is similar to TN.
Excerpts
While a month  ago, he was trailing Chandrababu Naidu's TDP in opinion polls, he seems much stronger now.   The TDP's alliance with the BJP has sent the minorities to Jagan's camp. The ever-winning MIM leader Asaduddin Owaisi says that Muslims have been asked to vote for the secular party with the best chance of winning, which in Andhra is Jagan's YSR Congress. Similarly, Jagan, a Christian, is seen as picking up this minority group's support. The interesting thing is that no one is quite sure how large the Christian population in Andhra is. While the census  places it at just 2%, almost everyone puts it at above 10%. Many converts don't officially admit to being Christian to protect their SC/ST rights. 

As Chandrababu Naidu heads off for another day of hectic campaigning , he cedes that Jagan has strengths: money, media, minorities and the influential support base of the Reddys. He has reached out to the actor Pawan Kalyan to win back the youth. He claims that the majority of the Congress supporters have come to him and not Jagan and says " We are confident we will do well."

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Status in SA - YSRC is giving tough fight to CBN Empty Re: Status in SA - YSRC is giving tough fight to CBN

Post by truthbetold Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:43 pm

Raw
When cbn opted for alliance with bjp, he must have calculated the loss of minority vote.
Christian vote is more like 10% in some parts of ap. I said that
many times on such.

Jagan has a near full support of reddy community.

None of this is news. Despite opinion poll swings it is tough fight to the end.
Big factor yet to unfold is the money and liquor. Lot of money made in different scans will make it to elections. Voting percentage will be as high as 80% in coastal districts. Normal prediction models will not work. So we will have to wait.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Status in SA - YSRC is giving tough fight to CBN Empty Re: Status in SA - YSRC is giving tough fight to CBN

Post by rawemotions Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:55 pm

truthbetold wrote:Raw
When cbn opted for alliance with bjp,  he must have calculated the loss of minority vote.
many times on such.

Big factor yet to unfold is the money and liquor. Lot of money made in different scans will make it to elections. Voting percentage will be as high as 80% in coastal districts. Normal prediction models will not work. So we will have to wait.
Why do all the Reddy's support Jagan despite knowing that he is corrupt. What portion of Reddy's are Christians ? I know conversion is more prevalent among Malas

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:58 pm

I'm surprised desperado CBN hasn't taken up Christianity yet, may be he's not aware of this stat or doesn't believe it.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:03 pm

rawemotions wrote:
When cbn opted for alliance with bjp,  he must have calculated the loss of minority vote.
many times on such.

Why do all the Reddy's support Jagan despite knowing that he is corrupt. What portion of Reddy's are Christians ? I know conversion is more prevalent among Malas
because they're corrupt, immoral, classless thugs & per my inside information 90% of them are Christians.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:04 pm

rawemotions wrote:
many times on such.

reddy's are politically dominant in ap. In 1989 they won as many as 100 plus seats out of a total of 294.
I don't know what percentage of them are Christians but it is not likely to be very large (<10%).
Brahmananda reddy and janardhan reddy were also Christians but they were careful to keep public appearences of religion to near zero.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:13 pm

Raw
There are many progressive reddy's who are very independent. But at the mass level ysr was able to unite them.
the belief that jagan could win the upcoming election helps him keep the community with him.
If he does not win this election, we may see how strong this loyalty is.
I doubt many reddys will follow a sinking ship just like members of any other community.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:33 pm

truthbetold wrote:
rawemotions wrote:
many times on such.

reddy's are politically dominant in ap. In 1989 they won as many as 100 plus seats out of a total of 294.
I don't know what percentage of them are Christians but it is not likely to be very large (<10%).
Brahmananda reddy and janardhan reddy were also Christians but they were careful to keep public appearences of religion to near zero.
I found this listed in the comments section of a website.

Are these true ?
In Andhra Pradesh
1. Minority Welfare ( In India, minority means people who follow imported Abrahamic religions like Christianity or Islam ) pays Rs.1500.00 per Muslim and Christian couples when they get married.
2.100% tution fees for minorities in professional colleges for engineering, medicine, MBA, MCA, B.ed dental etc. are paid by the Andhra government.
3. There are 5 percent reservation of Muslims in non-minority colleges.
4. Govt. grants to AP Urdu academy goes up every year, current year it is 14 crores of rupees. By comparison, Sanskrit Academy gets Rs. 5 lakhs!
5. There is subsidy of Rs. 20,000.00 for every Christian pilgrim.
Who votes this government to power? Hindus of course !

if this is true,  it is time Hindus start asking for the same benefits for themselves. I do not understand how constitution permits treating a person different from others based on religion. Doesn't it conflict with fundamental rights to be treated equal, irrespective of which religion a person belongs to ?

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:36 pm

rawemotions wrote:
many times on such.

It's not that Reddys support Jagan because they see him as a Reddy.The opponents in TDP are also mostly Reddys, so they should have no qualms about voting for them too. But the problem is that TDP is perceived as a Kamma party and an Andhra party. The general perception in Rayalaseema is that Kammas and Andhras (a majority of kammas are from andhra anyway) are very cunning and can't be trusted. So they hesitate to vote for an andhra based kamma party. They feel more safer to vote for Jagan who they feel is one of their own. There's a feeling that 'Jagan vaste mana panulu ayitaayi. TDP ayite mana gurinchi pattinchu kone vare undaru'. There was the same perception with YSR. They felt very secure with him as CM.

To hell with the caste politics and religion-based politics. Here's an interesting thing. Hyderabadi muslims talk about secularism and criticize BJP for being communal. But, when it comes to voting, they vote en masse to an out and out communal party, MIM (mujlis ittehadul muslimaan). They always have. Ironically, the owisis also talk about secularism. Smile

Edit: to answer your other question. No, there are not many christians among reddys in the rayalaseema region compared to the christian converts in guntur.

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:47 pm

Kinnera wrote:
rawemotions wrote:
many times on such.

It's not that Reddys support Jagan because they see him as a Reddy.The opponents in TDP are also mostly Reddys, so they should have no qualms about voting for them too. But the problem is that TDP is perceived as a Kamma party and an Andhra party. The general perception in Rayalaseema is that Kammas and Andhras (a majority of kammas are from andhra anyway) are very cunning and can't be trusted. So they hesitate to vote for an andhra based kamma party. They feel more safer to vote for Jagan who they feel is one of their own. There's a feeling that 'Jagan vaste mana panulu ayitaayi. TDP ayite mana gurinchi pattinchu kone vare undaru'. There was the same perception with YSR. They felt very secure with him as CM.

To hell with the caste politics and religion-based politics. Here's an interesting thing. Hyderabadi muslims talk about secularism and criticize BJP for being communal. But, when it comes to voting, they vote en masse to an out and out communal party, MIM (mujlis ittehadul muslimaan). They always have. Ironically, the owisis also talk about secularism. Smile
Looking at recent events, secularism is being equated with special privileges for Minority religions (Muslims and Christians). Now whether we give a person from one religion an incentive OR penalize a person from one religion (Jaziya), both results in discrimination. What is worse is the fact that Muslims are openly asking for benefits based on strength of population. Most parties don't see a problem with that. We all know that Muslim population is growth is much larger, and added to that is illegal infiltration. This is how partition started. Separate electorate/ benefits etc..

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:59 pm

rawemotions wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
rawemotions wrote:
many times on such.

Looking at recent events, secularism is being equated with special privileges for Minority religions (Muslims and Christians). Now whether we give a person from one religion an incentive OR penalize a person from one religion (Jaziya), both results in discrimination. What is worse is the fact that Muslims are openly asking for benefits based on strength of population. Most parties don't see a problem with that. We all know that Muslim population is growth is much larger, and added to that is illegal infiltration. This is how partition started. Separate electorate/ benefits etc..
What should we do now Raw? ethical & values based parties like BJP & TDP seem to have tough time dealing with unethical Indian voters, how can we (persons & parties of high morals) compete with these vultures.. Congress, YSRC, MIM etc.,

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:18 pm

Raw
you should ask confuse dude about ysr programs. I usually skip them. Ysr did give several subsidies but I do not know specifics.
Whatever your politics are, you cannot ignore facts.
Fact is ysr is the only Congress leader who is popular on his own accord. He won a second term against a formidable opponent in cbn. Jagan inherited that legacy.
ysr/ jagan follow Indira Gandhi method. Select subsidies that requires repeated gifts from govt such as monthly rations and propagate that you (Indira or ysr) are giving the subsidy( as if that is your own money and not the money of atax payers). That creates a long lasting bondage and permanent dependency.
Compare that to a development activity like school construction or road or power or hospital development.
Every one got the benefit of school but you did not do anything special for me. There lies the politics of subsidies.
Development may get few extra votes but you will be forgotten soon.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:25 pm

you should ask confuse dude about ysr programs. I usually skip them. Ysr did give several subsidies but I do not know specifics.
Whatever your politics are,  you cannot ignore facts.
Fact is ysr is the only Congress leader who is popular on his own accord. He won a second term against a formidable opponent in cbn. Jagan inherited that legacy.
ysr/ jagan follow Indira Gandhi method. Select subsidies that requires repeated gifts from govt such as monthly rations and propagate that you (Indira or ysr) are giving the subsidy( as if that is your own money and not the money of atax payers). That creates a long lasting bondage and permanent dependency.
Compare that to a development activity like school construction or road or power or hospital development.
Every one got the benefit of school but you did not do anything special for me. There lies the politics of subsidies.

*ahem* you should edmucate Raw about ALL-FREE-CBN, he ain't called ALL-FREE-BABU for nothing my dear moral high ground.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:41 pm

Whatever your politics are,  you cannot ignore facts.
The question was not about subsidies in general., but special subsidies given to people following one religious belief and the constitutionality of that.

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:06 am

rawemotions wrote:http://www.ndtv.com/elections/article/election-news/congress-two-big-mistakes-in-andhra-pradesh-515167?pfrom=home-otherstories

CBN/TD should have hammered home the fact that YSRC is a B-team of Congress, and  was conveniently let off from Jail by GOI, well before the elections
As usual, you're displaying your ignorance in your desperation. CBN recites Jagan's jail time & YSR 108 times a day like Gayatri Mantram. Can you read the text from the link below.

http://eenadu.net/home.aspx

That newspaper is owned by a TDP/CBN crony. It has been out and out TDP biased news paper since 1982 (inception of TDP). This paper runs at least two items every day on the front page about YSR's/Jagan's corruption (nothing short of yellow journalism). This news paper has been badmouthing YSR from before he became CM. That newspaper owner turned very bitter since Congress outed him for his Margadarsi chitfund scam. This biased news paper showed the power of a biased media and gave YSR idea to have his own media base. Now, every party in the state owns one.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:13 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
rawemotions wrote:http://www.ndtv.com/elections/article/election-news/congress-two-big-mistakes-in-andhra-pradesh-515167?pfrom=home-otherstories

As usual, you're displaying your ignorance in your desperation. CBN recites Jagan's jail time & YSR 108 times a day like Gayatri Mantram. Can you read the text from the link below.

That newspaper is owned by a TDP/CBN crony. It has been out and out TDP biased news paper since 1982 (inception of TDP). This paper runs at least two items every day on the front page about YSR's/Jagan's corruption (nothing short of yellow journalism). This news paper has been badmouthing YSR from before he became CM. That newspaper owner turned very bitter since Congress outed him for his Margadarsi chitfund scam. This biased news paper showed the power of a biased media and gave YSR idea to have his own media base. Now, every party in the state owns one.
I did not refer to his Jail time, but the fact that he was conveniently let off just before the start of elections. This more than proves that he is a B-team of the Congress. If you are referring to Sakshi TV, there is nothing surprising there.

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:17 am

rawemotions wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

I did not refer to his Jail time, but the fact that he was conveniently let off just before the start of elections. This more than proves that he is a B-team of the Congress. If you are referring to Sakshi TV, there is nothing surprising there.
Yes he does that too, you think he will spare Sonia. CBN is a savvy and veteran politician knows how to expose his opponents weaknesses.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:38 am

Raw
CD suffers from an allergic reaction to any reference to Cbn.  Let him get medication.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:24 am

CD suffers from an allergic reaction to any reference to Cbn.  Let him get medication.
TBT, Did you read my post before commenting? Rawemotions was calling out CBN of slacking, which I refuted and provided data to prove that CBN indeed is working hard and has been doing a good job of exposing corrupt 800+ crore Jagan. I, in fact commended CBN as senior & savvy politician who knows a lot about campaigning strategies. Are you saying that I made up all of that stuff? 

Do you read eenadu daily on a regular basis? Do you see news stories on corrupt 800+ crore Jagan's & YSR's corruption regularly on the front page or not? 
Wasn't CBN attacking corrupt 800+ crore Jagan & YSR's corrupt regime in his political canvassing (there is nothing wrong with that, he is supposed to do that)
Wasn't CBN referring corrupt 800+ crore Jagan as Sonia's adopted son & she got him out right before the elections so Congress can get more seats in SA? (to Raw's point B-team of Congress)

Which one of the above is not factual, who needs medication?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:41 am

Cd
calm down. your hyperventilation problem is not a one time event. this is not the first time i pointed that out.
I think it is better if we discuss things that does not excite you so much.
let us talk about rest of the India.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:00 am

truthbetold wrote:Cd
calm down. your hyperventilation problem is not a one time event.  this is not the first time  i pointed that out.

Your problem is you want everyone to pretend CBN is an unbiased, intelligent and a person of high integrity & everybody else is the exact opposite. The whole AP knows the stand of both Eenadu & Andhra Jyothy papers, what I said is nothing revealing. Do, If you can refute my points rather than resorting to personal attacks.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:09 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
calm down. your hyperventilation problem is not a one time event.  this is not the first time  i pointed that out.

Your problem is you want everyone to pretend CBN is an unbiased, intelligent and a person of high integrity & everybody else is the exact opposite. The whole AP knows the stand of both Eenadu & Andhra Jyothy papers, what I said is nothing revealing. Do, If you can refute my points rather than resorting to personal attacks.

cd
if you calm down and read your own posts you will realize your problem.
You are free to criticize Cbn or anyone of your choice. just do not hyperventilate.

i do refute your points where i have something useful to say.

I am still waiting for your input on holy book.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:19 am

truthbetold wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

cd
if you calm down and read your own posts you will realize your problem.
You are free to criticize Cbn or anyone of your choice. just do not hyperventilate.

i do refute your points where i have something useful to say.

I am still waiting for your input on holy book.
Here:
https://such.forumotion.com/t22775-killed-for-being-female

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:22 am

Cd
it is ok. your refusal to answer is an answer by itself.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:58 am

What percentage of 1.5 billion Muslims do you think fall into the extremist category that are clearly influenced by the book. Do you think the thought of converting an infidel to Islam or wiping him off the face of the earth is constantly on the back of an average muslim's mind i.e. when he is in an office meeting or travelling in a metro or shopping in a mall. If it is true then definitely, there is an issue with their holy book. Now, what do you think of those folks that murdered 100 million girls/women in last 50 years, they certainly have been influenced by their culture and by their cultural literature library.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:32 pm

Cd
i would respond to the early part of your post if you open a new thread and state your opinion. in fact i posted my opinion with numbers on more than one time.
the later part you seem to be directing at someone else. i am lost with that whole example.

now go and answer my simple question on holybook. fair?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:31 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
What percentage of 1.5 billion Muslims do you think fall into the extremist category that are clearly influenced by the book. Do you think the thought of converting an infidel to Islam or wiping him off the face of the earth is constantly on the back of an average muslim's mind i.e. when he is in an office meeting or travelling in a metro or shopping in a mall. If it is true then definitely, there is an issue with their holy book. Now, what do you think of those folks that murdered 100 million girls/women in last 50 years, they certainly have been influenced by their culture and by their cultural literature library.
Max's favorite topic!
So where are the girls missing for the most part in india? north or south? North.
Where did the believers of the book invade, brutalize, terrorize, kidnap and rape women? north or south? North.
Because of that, where did they start treating girls as a burden? north or south? North.

So that explains it. Indian historical literature library will come handy to look into it.

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:36 pm

Kinnera wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Max's favorite topic!
So where are the girls missing for the most part in india? north or south? North.
Where did the believers of the book invade, brutalize, terrorize, kidnap and rape women? north or south? North.
Because of that, where did they start treating girls as a burden? north or south? North.

So that explains it. Indian historical literature library will come handy to look into it.
This myth has been long proved wrong. 

Read this and I trust you your eyes will shed some tears for those hapless victims, who became 
victims ONLY because they were Hindus.
In addition in recent history we had the infamous Mapillai Riots/genocide and Caliphate movement.
Google Ghiyas-ud-Din Muhammad Damghani
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madurai_Sultanate

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down