Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

cognitive dissonance

Go down

cognitive dissonance Empty cognitive dissonance

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:36 pm

i wonder if people who hold up the rushdie fatwa to demonize all muslims, experience cognitive dissonance when they read this article:

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/politics-and-nation/rushdie-anish-kapoor-lead-anti-narendra-modi-charge-in-uk-media/articleshow/33618881.cms
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

cognitive dissonance Empty Re: cognitive dissonance

Post by Guest Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:58 am

Cognitive dissonance is experienced by the one who blindly goes by what the 'intellectuals' say. "Rushdie is a genius. He married Padma Lakshmi. So she must be good and hence i am a fan of Padma Lakshmi." Not my words. Somebody was mocking at you in chat some time ago.

Same line of thought: Rushdie opposes Modi. So he must be right and I go with him. I don't care about the great democracy in India nor do i have any faith in the indian constitution nor do i respect the choice of a quarter to a half billion people who are supporting Modi.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:22 am

Students terrorize a lecturer and force her tend an apology. Not satisfied, they file a case against her and insist on her getting arrested. When she's not, they come out and shout angry slogans against the police. How can the poor lecturer go back to the class again and teach them? Her crime: Giving her opinion about Rushdie in her political science class discussion.

Incidents like the above are more outrageous than Rushdie being issued a fatwa.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:48 am

Kinnera wrote:Cognitive dissonance is experienced by the one who blindly goes by what the 'intellectuals' say. "Rushdie is a genius. He married Padma Lakshmi. So she must be good and hence i am a fan of Padma Lakshmi." Not my words. Somebody was mocking at you in chat some time ago.

Same line of thought: Rushdie opposes Modi. So he must be right and I go with him. I don't care about the great democracy in India nor do i have any faith in the indian constitution nor do i respect the choice of a quarter to a half billion people who are supporting Modi.

i don't understand the first part of your post. i don't participate in chat so quite oblivious to what goes on there. my admiration of rushdie the writer is derived from my enjoyment of his novels. it has nothing to do with PL.

my dislike of modi goes back a long way. prior to yesterday i didn't know what rushdie's views of modi were. so not sure where you are going with this.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down