Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CONmen are arming sikular minority in Assam

3 posters

Go down

CONmen are arming sikular minority in Assam Empty CONmen are arming sikular minority in Assam

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Sun May 04, 2014 10:14 pm

I wonder what CONmen are thinking! There is an easier solution: just deport Bangladeshis.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Assam-govt-mulls-arming-Muslims-in-Bodo-areas/articleshow/34650259.cms

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

CONmen are arming sikular minority in Assam Empty Re: CONmen are arming sikular minority in Assam

Post by confuzzled dude Sun May 04, 2014 10:57 pm

-> Are we sure that all of them are trespassers?

"The tone for the agitation was set by the infamous “language riots” between the Bengali Hindus and ethnic Assamese in the 1960s, reaching a peak with the 1983 Nelie massacre that saw more than 2,000 Bengali-Muslims killed by the indigenous Lalung tribesmen. The 2012 flare-up in the Bodo areas is just the latest in the tribal ethnic groups’ clashes with Muslim settlers in the state.

The constant politicking and migrant-bashing rhetoric has made sure that on the streets of Assam, anyone who wears a lungi, sports a beard, speaks in Bangla and has a Muslim surname is a Bangladeshi. “The worst victims of this are the genuine Bengali-Muslims of Assam who have been here much before Partition, let alone the creation of Bangladesh in 1971,” says Hafiz Ahmed, a noted literary activist. “The illegal influx from Bangladesh is a reason of worry for everyo
ne in Assam, including the genuine Bengali-Muslim, but then to brand every Muslim a Bangladeshi is also criminal.”

According to government estimates, after Partition, over six lakh refugees entered Assam, both Bengali Hindus and Muslims. The seeds of trouble were perhaps sown with the passage of the Immigrants (Expulsion from Assam) Act, 1950, in Parliament. Section 2 of the Act allowed minority communities of Bangladesh affected by “civil disturbance” to migrate to Assam, but in the absence of a proper mechanism to ascertain actual beneficiaries, many Muslims from Bangladesh seized the opportunity to move to Assam in search of greener pastures. Subsequent acts did not address this loophole. During the 1971 Bangladesh Liberation War, an estimated 10 million refugees had entered Assam (government estimates say about 1.5 million stayed back). “Due to the volatile nature of geopolitics, Bengali-Muslims have turned refugees several times and each time they have become economically weaker,” says Hafiz" [/b]

http://www.tehelka.com/the-agony-of-being-labelled-a-bangladeshi-in-assam/

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

CONmen are arming sikular minority in Assam Empty Re: CONmen are arming sikular minority in Assam

Post by confuzzled dude Sun May 04, 2014 11:01 pm

"We purchased our land in 1901 and we have official documents to establish this. Yet we are treated as foreigners in our own country.

I was fortunate to get proper schooling, as my family had decent land holdings. Being good in studies, I managed to study dentistry in Guwahati. Since I am well-read, understand modern lifestyle, am clean shaven and wear trendy clothes, I am not easily branded a Bangladeshi, but I too have faced it. To avoid humiliation, I would not talk in Bangla, but in Assamese, even with my own family."

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun May 04, 2014 11:10 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:"We purchased our land in 1901 and we have official documents to establish this. Yet we are treated as foreigners in our own country.

I was fortunate to get proper schooling, as my family had decent land holdings. Being good in studies, I managed to study dentistry in Guwahati. Since I am well-read, understand modern lifestyle, am clean shaven and wear trendy clothes, I am not easily branded a Bangladeshi, but I too have faced it. To avoid humiliation, I would not talk in Bangla, but in Assamese, even with my own family."

Such thngs are quite common among minorities in any country and under any situation. During the Iraqi wars, many Indians (light skinned) were thought of as middle easterners. Just yesterday a redneck "dumbo" asked me if I was a muslim (holy allah)... Most commoners dont have a broader knowledge to distinguish. That is where the Govt and Govt. come in and ensure who is a foreigner and who is not. Unfrtunately, COngress (i) failed big time, and it is no secret that the party actively encouraged infiltration. It is natural for common Bodos and assamese to assume any Bengali speaker to be an illegal.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon May 05, 2014 12:46 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:"We purchased our land in 1901 and we have official documents to establish this. Yet we are treated as foreigners in our own country.

Such thngs are quite common among minorities in any country and under any situation.  During the Iraqi wars, many Indians (light skinned) were thought of as middle easterners. Just yesterday a redneck "dumbo" asked me if I was a muslim (holy allah)... Most commoners dont have a broader knowledge to distinguish. That is where the Govt and Govt. come in and ensure who is a foreigner and who is not. Unfrtunately, COngress (i) failed big time, and it is no secret that the party actively encouraged infiltration. It is natural for common Bodos and assamese to assume any Bengali speaker to be an illegal.

It is common & okay because victims happen to be Muslims

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Mon May 05, 2014 1:11 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:

Such thngs are quite common among minorities in any country and under any situation.  During the Iraqi wars, many Indians (light skinned) were thought of as middle easterners. Just yesterday a redneck "dumbo" asked me if I was a muslim (holy allah)... Most commoners dont have a broader knowledge to distinguish. That is where the Govt and Govt. come in and ensure who is a foreigner and who is not. Unfrtunately, COngress (i) failed big time, and it is no secret that the party actively encouraged infiltration. It is natural for common Bodos and assamese to assume any Bengali speaker to be an illegal.

Coming back to the original post, are you ok with the govt. arming a group of people?

Are CONartists doing this knowing that Modi will be the PM and if the CON vote bank uses the weapons and Bodos retaliate, Modi becomes a target of Tits Sheethalwad, Javed Anand, CONmen and sikular non-men?

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon May 05, 2014 1:19 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

Coming back to the original post, are you ok with the govt. arming a group of people?

Are CONartists doing this knowing that Modi will be the PM and if the CON vote bank uses the weapons and Bodos retaliate, Modi becomes a target of Tits Sheethalwad, Javed Anand, CONmen and sikular non-men?
I don't but was it a opinion of a minister or did the govt actually release a statement to that effect

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down