Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"No Indians, no People's Republic of China (PRC)", sorry.

2 posters

Go down

"No Indians, no People's Republic of China (PRC)", sorry. Empty "No Indians, no People's Republic of China (PRC)", sorry.

Post by Rishi Tue May 06, 2014 8:32 pm

One Indian expatriate said his agent told him that many landlords would refuse to rent flats to him because "Indians always cook smelly curries", BBC reported.

Charlene, an estate agent, said it was common for landlords not to rent houses to tenants from India or China because such tenants "are not people who are house proud".

"Many don't clean weekly, and they do heavy cooking, so dust and oil collect over the months. They may use a lot of spices that release smells people don't like," Charlene added.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/nri/other-news/No-houses-on-rent-for-Indians-in-Singapore/articleshow/34534786.cms

Rishi

Back to top Go down

"No Indians, no People's Republic of China (PRC)", sorry. Empty Re: "No Indians, no People's Republic of China (PRC)", sorry.

Post by nevada Tue May 06, 2014 8:44 pm

They cook smelly curries and cause cockroach infestation with kitchen trash piled up for ages. I have seen 2 such apartments myself. So I wouldn't blame the landlords for wanting to protect their properties.

nevada

Back to top Go down