Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NaMo with Arnab on TimesNow

+2
southindian
smArtha
6 posters

Go down

NaMo with Arnab on TimesNow Empty NaMo with Arnab on TimesNow

Post by smArtha Thu May 08, 2014 12:32 pm

Catch live updates at
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Narendra-Modi's-exclusive-interview-to-Times-Now/liveblog/34840198.cms

Unable to find the live video link. If anyone does, please post the same

smArtha

Back to top Go down

NaMo with Arnab on TimesNow Empty Re: NaMo with Arnab on TimesNow

Post by smArtha Thu May 08, 2014 3:10 pm

Full text is here now

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/home/lok-sabha-elections-2014/news/Narendra-Modi-interview-Only-constitutional-authorities-should-be-trusted-on-Gujarat-riots/articleshow/34843479.cms

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Thu May 08, 2014 3:22 pm

Rashmun, please post your rebuttal on behalf of your partner RaGa.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Thu May 08, 2014 3:45 pm

southindian wrote:Rashmun, please post your rebuttal on behalf of your partner RaGa.

There is no comparison between RaGa and NaMo in how they handled ArGo. People can keep the text of both side by side and see for themselves.

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 3:48 pm

smArtha wrote:
southindian wrote:Rashmun, please post your rebuttal on behalf of your partner RaGa.

There is no comparison between RaGa and NaMo in how they handled ArGo. People can keep the text of both side by side and see for themselves.

Arnab has links with the BJP. Arnab's father has contested Lok Sabha elections on a BJP ticket.

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Thu May 08, 2014 4:21 pm

Arnab Goswami: One view is that you have run a very effective campaign, a very tough campaign and a very aggressive campaign. When and if you form a government Mr Modi, the same strength of yours where you can take a lot of responsibility, some critics say could be your weakness where you over centralise, I want you to give your clear view today before we wrap up this interview.

Narendra Modi: Instead of taking my view, it would be better if you check my 14 year track record first. You will be surprised to see that all the credit that I am being given for the development of Gujarat is wrong. In reality it is a team that is working. You will be surprised to see that I essentially do not have any work in the government. For 14 years, I have had no work. I do not have to do any government work, I delegate it to my team, all the ministers have their professional freedom, but yes we do sit down every week for a discussion where we evaluate our situation and then move ahead. I do not have any other role apart from this. So the success in Gujarat is because all the teams are empowered. Also, secondly by God's grace I still believe that every idea must be institutionalised and then that institutionalized activity will work. In 2002, when there were talks of Gujarat being in a desperate situation, where there was no investment in the state, I decided to tackle the situation head on. By 2003, I got everything ready for heavy publicity, with a view that I will bring investors back into Gujarat. The entire media was up in arms against me and the situation was made to be like, if somebody invested a rupee into the state it would have been a big crime. We worked hard for some 8-9 months at a stretch, everyday we would hold exhaustive meetings, and even my officers in Vibrant Summit were very enthusiastic about it. In 2005 I would attend about 2-4 meetings I would enquire about all that was happening, in 2007 they would come and brief me about the ongoings. But by 2009, 2011, 2013 I have only gone to 'Vibrant' summit for its inauguration and I did not have to look into how things were being done, and it was being done better than ever before. I hold a month long 'Krishi Mahotsav' where I go to the fields of the farmers with all my Government officials. In the beginning, it took me around 15 days to conceptualise this, but for the last 10 years I am just informed and I go for the event, all the other institutional work gets done. So basically, I am a team worker and human resource management is in my blood and so optimum utilisation of the resources be it human, time or monetary resources, I am gifted by the Almighty in that respect. I myself do nothing. You will be surprised and I am sure in the entire country no other politician will ever admit to something like this. I do nothing, everything is done by my team and I believe that the team must work this way in unison.

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Thu May 08, 2014 4:24 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Arnab has links with the BJP. Arnab's father has contested Lok Sabha elections on a BJP ticket.

BTW, even NaMo also has links with BJP, if you missed that. We are talking of NaMo's responses and not about ArGo's questions here. RaGa had to answer far fewer subjects than this one and he limited himself to repeating 5 lines in different order each time.

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Thu May 08, 2014 4:32 pm

smArtha wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

BTW, even NaMo also has links with BJP, if you missed that. We are talking of NaMo's responses and not about ArGo's questions here. RaGa had to answer far fewer subjects than this one and he limited himself to repeating 5 lines in different order each time.
LOL!
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Thu May 08, 2014 4:50 pm

Rashmun wrote:
smArtha wrote:

just as expected.
I could've typed that on behalf of Rashmun.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 4:53 pm

smArtha wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

The allegation is that Arnab was tossing relatively soft ball questions at Modi.

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Thu May 08, 2014 5:05 pm

b_A wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

just as expected.

Don't ever attempt that. Rashmun will do some digging and research and conclude that you are him.

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 5:10 pm

smArtha wrote:
b_A wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

just as expected.

Don't ever attempt that. Rashmun will do some digging and research and conclude that you are him.

Looks like Smartha and b_A are in the process of assimilating each other. After all, they are both Modi bhaktas.

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Thu May 08, 2014 10:12 pm

Just saw the full interview. A must see for everybody. The way he demolished the Adani issue is noteworthy. He was being a typical politician dodging/fudging in some issues ( like future alliances with JJ/Mamta etc.) but he came out very strong in some issues. Especially terrorism.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Thu May 08, 2014 10:24 pm

i watched a bit of this hoping arnab will put on a good show in his usual i-will-repeat-my-question-till-you-surrender mode. 

bleh, seems rather timid and sane, at least in the bits i watched.

btw, does modi speak any english?

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu May 08, 2014 10:30 pm

bw wrote:i watched a bit of this hoping arnab will put on a good show in his usual i-will-repeat-my-question-till-you-surrender mode. 

https://youtu.be/vbPPI-l4X1o
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Thu May 08, 2014 11:02 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
bw wrote:i watched a bit of this hoping arnab will put on a good show in his usual i-will-repeat-my-question-till-you-surrender mode. 

https://youtu.be/vbPPI-l4X1o

watched a bit - he can speak english, though it ij is not a pleajure to lijjen to.

wonder why he was using hindi to answer arnab's questions.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Fri May 09, 2014 7:05 am

Arnab tried to corner him but was beaten back. You have to remember that this is an interview and not his typical shooting match talk show with 4-5 participants where the one who shouts the loudest wins.
And Modi has that mean icy stare look that he used a couple of times whenever Arnab tried to cross the line.

http://www.rediff.com/news/interview/ls-election-arnab-modi-was-a-picture-of-complete-confidence/20140509.htm

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri May 09, 2014 12:38 pm

smArtha wrote:
b_A wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

just as expected.

hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down