Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PM bows out graciously, Sonia inelegantly

5 posters

Go down

PM bows out graciously, Sonia inelegantly Empty PM bows out graciously, Sonia inelegantly

Post by rawemotions Sun May 18, 2014 9:25 am

http://www.niticentral.com/2014/05/17/pm-bows-out-graciously-sonia-inelegantly-224434.html#comment-1390730656

Excerpts
Congress president Sonia Gandhi and vice-president Rahul Gandhi accepted responsibility for the party’s worst-ever defeat in the Lok Sabha election in a brief appearance before the media on Friday. Both congratulated the new Government without naming either the BJP or Narendra Modi who single-handedly crafted the victory and made BJP the majority party in the Parliament for the first time since 1984. This glaring omission was noted by citizens across the nation who felt that the Congress president’s speech was awkward and stilted.

A smiling Rahul Gandhi, who spoke a few lines, admitted that the party had fared poorly and had expected to do better, “The Congress has done pretty badly, a lot for us to think about.” Thus, spreading the burden of introspection evenly over the whole party, he said, “As Congress vice-president, with all humility, I take responsibility for this.” Rahul Gandhi, who was anointed campaign chief of the party in January, added, “I would like to congratulate the new Government. They have clearly been given a mandate and I wish them all the best.”

Immediately thereafter, Sonia Gandhi read out a prepared statement saying, “the people’s mandate is against us and I humbly accept the verdict… As Congress President, I take responsibility for it.” Then, extending formal greetings to the incoming regime, she inelegantly warned, “We hope that it will not compromise with the social unity and national interests. Congress will continue to fight for its principles and will not make any compromise.” She asserted that the party will continue to fight for social harmony and issues of national interest.
After reading her statement at the AICC headquarters on Akbar Road, Sonia Gandhi refused to take questions from the media and saying “come” to vice-president Rahul Gandhi, quickly moved away. There was no indication of constructive Opposition or engagement with the new regime. The tone and tenor of her speech, in fact, indicate hostility to the new regime and adherence to the Left-liberal shibboleths that have been roundly rejected by the people.

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

PM bows out graciously, Sonia inelegantly Empty Re: PM bows out graciously, Sonia inelegantly

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun May 18, 2014 9:34 am

rawemotions wrote:http://www.niticentral.com/2014/05/17/pm-bows-out-graciously-sonia-inelegantly-224434.html#comment-1390730656

Excerpts

Immediately thereafter, Sonia Gandhi read out a prepared statement saying, “the people’s mandate is against us and I humbly accept the verdict… As Congress President, I take responsibility for it.” Then, extending formal greetings to the incoming regime, she inelegantly warned, “We hope that it will not compromise with the social unity and national interests. Congress will continue to fight for its principles and will not make any compromise.” She asserted that the party will continue to fight for social harmony and issues of national interest.

Not fair to expect more than that from a Barmaid. An Italian passport holder hid in the Italian embassy in 1977 who illegally voted in 1980, and lying about not being in the US and refusing to submit her passport copy to the judge conducting the Sikh massacre case against her is lecturing the RSS guys about national interests and social unity. Everyone knows how she was desperately trying to protect her fellow Italian Navy killers.

Put the italian navy killers and Vadra in Tihar. Let her go and visit her SIL with Pasta and macroni every weekend.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

PM bows out graciously, Sonia inelegantly Empty Re: PM bows out graciously, Sonia inelegantly

Post by Propagandhi711 Sun May 18, 2014 9:38 am

Bar maid bar maid...the epithet comes from the same place in Indian consciousness that the word chai wallah came from. Insulting someone's humble origins is so 19th century, get over it

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Sun May 18, 2014 9:57 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
rawemotions wrote:http://www.niticentral.com/2014/05/17/pm-bows-out-graciously-sonia-inelegantly-224434.html#comment-1390730656

Excerpts

Not fair to expect more than that from a Barmaid. An Italian passport holder hid in the Italian embassy in 1977 who illegally voted in 1980, and lying about not being in the US and refusing to submit her passport copy to the judge conducting the Sikh massacre case against her is lecturing the RSS guys about national interests and social unity.  Everyone knows how she was desperately trying to protect her fellow Italian Navy killers.

Put the italian navy killers and Vadra in Tihar. Let her go and visit her SIL with Pasta and macroni every weekend.

Angry. Out of control. Crude.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun May 18, 2014 12:03 pm

swapna wrote:

Excerpts

Not fair to expect more than that from a Barmaid. An Italian passport holder hid in the Italian embassy in 1977 who illegally voted in 1980, and lying about not being in the US and refusing to submit her passport copy to the judge conducting the Sikh massacre case against her is lecturing the RSS guys about national interests and social unity.  Everyone knows how she was desperately trying to protect her fellow Italian Navy killers.

Angry. Out of control. Crude.

So?...hahaha...look who is talking........ Did i say anything that is not an established fact?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun May 18, 2014 12:09 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:Bar maid bar maid...the epithet comes from the same place in Indian consciousness that the word chai wallah came from. Insulting someone's humble origins is so 19th century, get over it

not really.. the Chaiwallah proudly declared about his humble beginnings and being a Chaiwallah is not deragatory to Indians.

If MT Sonia ji had openly and proudly defended her humble beginnings, then one would admire her honesty and guts - I will even become her supporter and fan for her courage. In that, even Sunny Leone is above MT and the Indians do accept her as part of mainstream.

So it is not so so 19th century...as it focuses on the one-sidedness and elitism on the part of the intellectual idiots.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sun May 18, 2014 4:41 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:Bar maid bar maid...the epithet comes from the same place in Indian consciousness that the word chai wallah came from. Insulting someone's humble origins is so 19th century, get over it

not really.. the Chaiwallah proudly declared about his humble beginnings and being a Chaiwallah is not deragatory to Indians.

If MT Sonia ji had openly and proudly defended her humble beginnings, then one would admire her honesty and guts - I will even become her supporter and fan for her courage. In that, even Sunny Leone is above MT and the Indians do accept her as part of mainstream.

So it is not so so 19th century...as it focuses on the one-sidedness and elitism on the part of the intellectual idiots.

>>>There is one guy here who thought the life of desi cabbies in America was quaint.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down