Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to Stop Corruption? Sadhguru [Election 2014]

4 posters

Go down

How to Stop Corruption? Sadhguru [Election 2014]  Empty How to Stop Corruption? Sadhguru [Election 2014]

Post by FluteHolder Sun May 18, 2014 10:23 pm

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

How to Stop Corruption? Sadhguru [Election 2014]  Empty Re: How to Stop Corruption? Sadhguru [Election 2014]

Post by bw Sun May 18, 2014 10:30 pm

thank you. i was missing him.

bw

Back to top Go down

How to Stop Corruption? Sadhguru [Election 2014]  Empty Re: How to Stop Corruption? Sadhguru [Election 2014]

Post by rawemotions Sun May 18, 2014 11:15 pm

FluteHolder wrote:
Thanks for posting. However I feel he took a long time 5 mts, to state the main point. In addition, I do not think the crux of his so called solution is practical.

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Sun May 18, 2014 11:17 pm

bw wrote:thank you. i was missing him.
I post specially for you Smile. Infact after I saw your post, I remembered to post this Smile

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Sun May 18, 2014 11:22 pm

rawemotions wrote:Thanks for posting. However I feel he took a long time 5 mts, to state the main point. In addition, I do not think the crux of his so called solution is practical.

>>
I think he was talking in a higher level/paradigm.

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun May 18, 2014 11:48 pm

FluteHolder wrote:
I post specially for you Smile. Infact after I saw your post, I remembered to post this Smile

Now stop "using" sadhguru for your "unethical" objectives....

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Mon May 19, 2014 12:59 am

FluteHolder wrote:

thank you, thank you. cat videos and sadhguru - both make me love the world a bit more. of course, clay pot cooked venn pongal followed by a cup of piping hot filter kapi will add to the joy.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Mon May 19, 2014 7:47 am

FluteHolder wrote:
rawemotions wrote:Thanks for posting. However I feel he took a long time 5 mts, to state the main point. In addition, I do not think the crux of his so called solution is practical.

>>
I think he was talking in a higher level/paradigm.
Let us consider a Low to middle level government official / policeman earning anywhere from 12000 to 25000 a month , with prices jumping by 5 times in 5 years and 4 people in his family to provide for. This person sees, economy booming and other professions spending money like crazy, and the GDP of the  city that the Police person guards is huge. But he/she does not get the same benefit int terms of increased salaries and inability of afford goods and services. This higher paradigm does not give him a clear reason to desist from the temptation to make money on the side, especially when everyone around him do so. Today what deters him/her is ethics, his oath to not be corrupt, fear of law and in some folks the principle that one should earn money in a straightforward manner, because that is what would eventually stay with him/her.

I think Sadhguru can help, by clearly explaining how corruption affects society as a whole. It has to be made unpalatable at so many levels for the religious, so that people will desist from it. It should become the guiding principle in people's lives. That along with good salaries/compensation is needed to bring down corruption. If we need to attack corruption,first we need to make sure there is no corruption among the folks who police the society. Only then can society itself begin to rid itself of corruption. Chanakya himself has mentioned corruption in Government in his arthasashtra. It is prevalent everywhere and has been around a long time. It needs a comprehensive approach to fight it, unlike the idiotic AK, who only talks about enforcing law/ making new laws and giving out vigilante justice.

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Mon May 19, 2014 2:40 pm

I was searching something on Swami Chimayananda which kind of answered your query and found this series of interviews took place in 80s..
---
Q) But you are now talking in materialistic terms yourself. The ideal of progress is totally western. We never had progress on an altar in our country. In fact, this western concept of progress should strike us as illusory, Maya. Why are you, a Swami, impressed by such norms of progress? Isn't this kind of progress alien to our culture?
A) No. Lakshmi is worshipped in India. But we never worship Lakshmi without Narayana. What we want now is so called materialistic civilization that is Narayana should be ignored and we should wink at Lakshmi. Be careful. Lakshmi without Narayana, wealth without character is suicidal. A young man suddenly gets money; he will damn himself. A man of character, if he has got wealth, will use it wisely.

---
https://www.facebook.com/notes/swami-chinmayananda/swami-chinmayananda-interviewed-by-pritish-nandy-part-3/10152333669257814

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down