Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What should the new prime minister choose?

3 posters

Go down

What should the new prime minister choose? Empty What should the new prime minister choose?

Post by Seva Lamberdar Sat May 24, 2014 2:26 pm

It will be interesting to see where and when the next P.M. moves in terms of occupying the official residence, at 7 Racecourse Rd. or at 10 Janpath?

Even though the latter (10 Janpath -- previously the Indian P.M.'s official residence) is not used currently as P.M.'s residence, because of its strategic location in the middle of Govt. offices and Depts. and other seats of power the best use for it now probably is either to restore it as P.M.'s official residence or turn it into a museum.

Even without being used and occupied by the Indian P.M. as his / her official residence anymore, it is certain that due to its historical significance (as Indian P.M.’s residence previously, at 10 Janpath) and its strategic location (right in the middle of Govt. depts. and central ministries), whoever controls and occupies 10 Janpath (residence), whether as a party or as an individual and whether inside the Govt. or outside the Govt., automatically acquires undue and unfair advantage and power in influencing the decision making process in Govt. and parliament, etc.

Thus it seems that the only way to curtail such undue outside influence related to 10 Janpath (residence) is to avoid its use and occupation by anyone other than the prime minister of the time; or perhaps either close it down or turn it into a historical museum.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Posts : 6432
Join date : 2012-11-29

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

What should the new prime minister choose? Empty Re: What should the new prime minister choose?

Post by Seva Lamberdar Mon May 26, 2014 8:57 am

Btw is anyone here personally familiar with these places (P.M. residences at 10 Janpath and / or 7 Racecourse Rd.), like having visited them in official capacity etc. in the past?
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Posts : 6432
Join date : 2012-11-29

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

What should the new prime minister choose? Empty Re: What should the new prime minister choose?

Post by swapna Mon May 26, 2014 10:44 am

Seva Lamberdar wrote:It will be interesting to see where and when the next P.M. moves in terms of occupying the official residence, at 7 Racecourse Rd. or at 10 Janpath?
no, it won't; there are far more interesting things to watch for.

swapna

Posts : 1951
Join date : 2013-11-27

Back to top Go down

What should the new prime minister choose? Empty Re: What should the new prime minister choose?

Post by truthbetold Mon May 26, 2014 11:03 am

Seva

It was already announced that modi is moving into 7 race course today evening India time. 

On the other hand,  10 janpath is residence of sonia.  I think modi will leave it alone.

truthbetold

Posts : 6799
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

What should the new prime minister choose? Empty Re: What should the new prime minister choose?

Post by Seva Lamberdar Mon May 26, 2014 1:41 pm

truthbetold wrote:Seva

It was already announced that modi is moving into 7 race course today evening India time. 

On the other hand,  10 janpath is residence of sonia.  I think modi will leave it alone.
10 Janpath is a public Bldg., used previously as P.M.'s residence. It's not a private residence belonging to any person or family.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Posts : 6432
Join date : 2012-11-29

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

What should the new prime minister choose? Empty Re: What should the new prime minister choose?

Post by Seva Lamberdar Mon May 26, 2014 1:44 pm

swapna wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:It will be interesting to see where and when the next P.M. moves in terms of occupying the official residence, at 7 Racecourse Rd. or at 10 Janpath?
no, it won't; there are far more interesting things to watch for.

Like what -- should Uma Bharati be given a ministerial job or not?
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Posts : 6432
Join date : 2012-11-29

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

What should the new prime minister choose? Empty Re: What should the new prime minister choose?

Post by truthbetold Mon May 26, 2014 2:22 pm

Seva Lamberdar wrote:
truthbetold wrote:Seva

It was already announced that modi is moving into 7 race course today evening India time. 

On the other hand,  10 janpath is residence of sonia.  I think modi will leave it alone.
10 Janpath is a public Bldg., used previously as P.M.'s residence. It's not a private residence belonging to any person or family.

Yes. Sonia occupied it as a person with cabinet ranking. She is an Mp and hoping to get recognition as leader of opposition which also is equal to cabinet minister in privilages.

As a political courtesy, modi govt will probably allow the dust to settle before worrying about these type of issues.

truthbetold

Posts : 6799
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

What should the new prime minister choose? Empty Re: What should the new prime minister choose?

Post by Seva Lamberdar Tue May 27, 2014 12:27 pm

truthbetold wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:
truthbetold wrote:Seva

It was already announced that modi is moving into 7 race course today evening India time. 

On the other hand,  10 janpath is residence of sonia.  I think modi will leave it alone.
10 Janpath is a public Bldg., used previously as P.M.'s residence. It's not a private residence belonging to any person or family.

Yes. Sonia occupied it as a person with cabinet ranking. She is an Mp and hoping to get recognition as leader of opposition which also is equal to cabinet minister in privilages.

As a political courtesy,  modi govt will probably allow the dust to settle before worrying about these type of issues.

10 Janpath, as the P.M.'s residence in the past and due to its strategic location right in the middle of Govt. depts. and bldgs., is better suited to be a museum than as the residence for a Opposition leader or a minister.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Posts : 6432
Join date : 2012-11-29

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

What should the new prime minister choose? Empty Re: What should the new prime minister choose?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum