Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

india - england summer 2014 test series

+6
southindian
truthbetold
confuzzled dude
nevada
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
MaxEntropy_Man
10 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

india - england summer 2014 test series - Page 3 Empty Re: india - england summer 2014 test series

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:33 am

Ishant gets his 7th of the inning

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

india - england summer 2014 test series - Page 3 Empty Re: india - england summer 2014 test series

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:34 am

ishant on fire! closing in on a famous win. yoohoo.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:42 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:ishant on fire! closing in on a famous win. yoohoo.
Does this mean we figured out English bats weakness against short ball or England just gave up and wanted to get it over with

P.S: I wish at some point all these will be seen as routine wins not famous or historical.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:46 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
Does this mean we figured out English bats weakness against short ball or England just gave up and wanted to get it over with

P.S: I wish at some point all these will be seen as routine wins not famous or historical.

for once it's good to see an indian fast bowler peppering the opposition with short balls and getting wickets by the bucketful.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:49 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

for once it's good to see an indian fast bowler peppering the opposition with short balls and getting wickets by the bucketful.
I heard Kapil was around at Lords, wonder was providing a few tips; he didn't have much success, as a bowler, in England though.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:50 am

all over. only second ever win at cricket HQ for india. when was the last time? when chandra and company spun them out in the seventies (77?), i am guessing.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:51 am

Some guys may be have been handsomely payed.

Jadeja to Anderson, OUT, a run-out to end it all over! fitting finish to an hour of comedy batting from England

Well payed England
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:52 am

surely ishant is MOM.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:53 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:all over. only second ever win at cricket HQ for india. when was the last time? when chandra and company spun them out in the seventies (77?), i am guessing.
I believe in 1986 under Kapil. We won that series 2-0.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:55 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:all over. only second ever win at cricket HQ for india. when was the last time? when chandra and company spun them out in the seventies (77?), i am guessing.
I believe in 1986 under Kapil. We won that series 2-0.

yup cricinfo is saying 28 years. so that must be it.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:56 am

so many names on the lord's board in one test - rahane, bhuvi, and ishant.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:01 am

southindian wrote:Some guys may be have been handsomely payed.

Jadeja to Anderson, OUT, a run-out to end it all over! fitting finish to an hour of comedy batting from England

Well payed England
 Let's savor the win for now, we will worry about match fixing theories later Smile

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:09 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:so many names on the lord's board in one test - rahane, bhuvi, and ishant.
hey! don't forget vijay. without him 300 target would not have been possible.
happy that pissant or whatever names he was called deliveted a victory.
good for the young team. gives them confidence.

Finally test class bowling by india in a overseas test.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:12 am

truthbetold wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:so many names on the lord's board in one test - rahane, bhuvi, and ishant.
hey! don't forget vijay. without him 300 target would not have been possible.
happy that pissant or whatever names he was called deliveted a victory.
good for the young team. gives them confidence.

Finally test class bowling by india in a overseas test.

didn't forget. just fell ever so short of getting on the board. maybe he'll come back yet and do it later in his career like RD did. still a pivotal knock when it mattered no doubt.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:48 am

Wow, what a nice surprise to wake up and see the headline about an Indian victory and not England's. Ishant the star of the show? Unbelievable. Will he again go back to being a passenger in the team milking this for the next 2-3 years? I hope not.

If the target were 500 instead of 300+, I think England would have managed to bat out for a draw. When there is no other option than to win, they just fold because they are mentally fragile. Same applies for India too. If draw were an option, I doubt the bowlers would have bowled so aggressively.

It is great to see India come back from the brink so many times in this match thanks to Rahane's defiant counter attacking century, Vijay's consistency, Jaddu's belligerent 65, Bhuvi's allround show, and finally Ishant looking like the second coming of Mitchell Johnson. What a match!

It must have hurt England like hell to see Jaddu not only do well but rub it in with his antics. Lords, the "home of cricket" taken over by a sword brandishing mad man who is fit only for gully cricket. Uppity Lords and high falutin MCC members must have been mortified by his disorderly behavior. I am not a fan of Jaddu and still think he shouldn't be a test match regular but absolutely loved the show he put on.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:48 pm

England threw away the test by unnecessarily playing outside-off, short pitch balls. More than the bowling, it was comedy batting by English batsmen.

Don't know if it was money, stupidity or Indian spirits in English batsmen that made them do that.

I'm afraid India will now have to live with Ishant Sharma for more years just like India lived with Ajit Agarkar.

From Cricinfo

"Behind every successful batsman there is a Kamran Akmal, but in front of them is Ishant Sharma."

"Dear single guys, if a girl gives you as many chances as Dhoni has given Ishant Sharma, marry her."

"It was Ishant Sharma's stunning form that made MS Dhoni take up bowling".

From a different game.

Australia need 44 from 18.

47.1 A wide half-volley. Four.
47.2 A short ball. Six.
47.3 A straight half-volley. Six.
47.4 A short ball. Two.
47.5 A short ball. Six.

"47.6 I Sharma to Faulkner, SIX, SIX MORE, what on earth? Ishant Sharma had his critics before this game, there aren't going to be many people backing him after this, short once more, another pull, right off the middle off the bat, and that sails into the crowd once more, crowd not sure whether to be gobsmacked by this hitting from Faulkner or be thrilled by this sensational turnaround, that's Faulkner's 50 as well"

Australia win with three balls to spare.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:04 pm

southindian wrote:England threw away the test by unnecessarily playing outside-off, short pitch balls. More than the bowling, it was comedy batting by English batsmen.

I still think they should have taken Praveen Kumar (who is also economical and accurate) and Umesh for speed (better than Ishant).

I would have been impressed with Ishant if it were not for the short-ball wickets. It is not like the English batsmen were terrified by his pace.

Ishant is no Holding.

At least now, England has to win TWO matches for India to lose the series. So in essence if India drew one of the remaining three matches, they can claim phenomenal series win overseas.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:23 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
southindian wrote:England threw away the test by unnecessarily playing outside-off, short pitch balls. More than the bowling, it was comedy batting by English batsmen.

I still think they should have taken Praveen Kumar (who is also economical and accurate) and Umesh for speed (better than Ishant).

I would have been impressed with Ishant if it were not for the short-ball wickets. It is not like the English batsmen were terrified by his pace.

Ishant is no Holding.

At least now, England has to win TWO matches for India to lose the series. So in essence if India drew one of the remaining three matches, they can claim phenomenal series win overseas.
When will you be satisfied? Remember, India was the underdog, their effort should be appreciated whether you like Ishant or not. This match was perfect example of team effort.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:28 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

Ishant is no Holding.

When will you be satisfied? Remember, India was the underdog, their effort should be appreciated whether you like Ishant or not. This match was perfect example of team effort.

+1.
I think India did a great job to even drag the match to the 5th day. Every time it looked like a disaster would unfold, someone stepped up and dragged the team back to a competitive position. This was a nice win achieved through teamwork and not due to the brilliance of 1-2 superstars. Even in the first match, if Binny hadn't bailed us out, it would have ended up as a loss. Instead of being 0-2, the team is at 1-0. How can a fan not be happy about that?

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:31 pm

CD and Nevada,

+1. Team victory. Ishant is the hero. May be for a day but he is the man.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:57 am

England came back strong. Looks like Cook will get his ton. India made 2 changes, Binny made way for Rohit and Pankaj Singh comes int for Ishant.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:46 pm

Tomorrow morning session will decide the path for this test.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:08 pm

England not likely to lose this test. So india needs to be careful and make sure to eke out a draw.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:36 pm

truthbetold wrote:England not likely to lose this test. So india needs to be careful and make sure to eke out a draw.

If India played for a draw already, they WILL lose. They should still try to win hoping Dhawan and Kholi click scoring quick big runs and England collapse in the second innings.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:54 am

waiting for declaration like the good ole days. this is terrible team selection. the batting has clicked, so why include rohit sharma for an extra bat? especially when the pitch seems like a featherbed. he should have swapped binny for ashwin not rohit sharma. brainless team selection.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:36 am

Great! now both Cook & Bell are back in form.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:05 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:Great! now both Cook & Bell are back in form.

It took a little time but the Indian team is back in form. Now watch the featherbed pitch suddenly get some life.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:06 pm

Yeah...Dhawan is continuing to be in great form.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:04 am

Rahane stands tall again, only top order bat to score 50 in this innings thus far.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:10 am

confuzzled dude wrote:Rahane stands tall again, only top order bat to score 50 in this innings thus far.
this indian team is behaving like an erratic teenager. do a little bit of work and then indulge in some irresponsible action.
each batsman spent enough time in the middle to settle down and they throw away an opportunity.
england's chance of victory is 90%.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:12 am

wtf were rohit and rahane thinking? i expect this kind of crap from nohit sharma, but rahane too?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:27 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:wtf were rohit and rahane thinking? i expect this kind of crap from nohit sharma, but rahane too?
bummer! still need 141 runs to avoid follow on not that it matters much these days, most likely ENG will bat.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:47 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:wtf were rohit and rahane thinking? i expect this kind of crap from nohit sharma, but rahane too?
bummer! still need 141 runs to avoid follow on not that it matters much these days, most likely ENG will bat.

and what's up with kohli? wonder how long this slump in form will last. troubling.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:01 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

and what's up with kohli? wonder how long this slump in form will last. troubling.

If rumor mills are to be believed, a bollywood actress with a very common northindian last name is the reason.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:11 pm

b_A wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

If rumor mills are to be believed, a bollywood actress with a very common northindian last name is the reason.

what's bothering him? getting into a relationship or getting out of one? it's interesting all our previous gen greats and the ones before that were married domesticated men when they were in the prime of their careers. i don't know of any playboy types who had a solid career.

whatever the reason i hope he shakes it off soon. not a good feeling when the team's premier batsman is having a form slump and the others around him are throwing away their wickets after getting good starts (cue southindian to pipe in with his matchfixing crap...).
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:15 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
b_A wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

what's bothering him? getting into a relationship or getting out of one? it's interesting all our previous gen greats and the ones before that were married domesticated men when they were in the prime of their careers. i don't know of any playboy types who had a solid career.

whatever the reason i hope he shakes it off soon. not a good feeling when the team's premier batsman is having a form slump and the others around him are throwing away their wickets after getting good starts (cue southindian to pipe in with his matchfixing crap...).

"On a different note, the coach, who has known Virat since he was 10-years-old, said that the cricketer's relationship with Bollywood actress Anushka Sharma has not affected his game as Virat is aware about his priorities.

"Let me assure one and all that Virat knows what his priorities are. His focus is only on his game. Also he is a 25-year-old boy who knows what he is doing. He is matured enough to handle his personal life. If he feels relaxed by sharing his thoughts with a friend, he is entitled to do that and it will certainly not affect his game," Sharma signed off."

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/cricketnext/outofform-virat-kohli-gets-advice-from-childhood-coach/488022-78.html

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:57 am

england are piling it on. ominous signs.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:08 am

two wrong lbw not out, followed by one wrong caught out. All is well that ends well, lol.

ps: watching cricket just coz it's on.

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:46 am

India is.getting its ass kicked because the batsmen were rather causual in tbeir approach. where a couple of long innings would have ensured.a draw, india is now looking at a certain defeat at an avoidable venue.
eng to set a target anywhere upto 500 and allow bowlers time to hunt.
indian team has not shown the ability to play out time. unless someone surprises us.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:26 am

the one guy who knew where his off stump was is gone. f***ng run out! here we go. will someone stand and deliver or is it going to be a procession?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:33 am

India will lose some 6 wickets today and it will all be over.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:34 am

oh great. now the only two guys capable of grafting are gone. just wait for the inevitable.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:35 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:the one guy who knew where his off stump was is gone. f***ng run out! here we go. will someone stand and deliver or is it going to be a procession?

Too bad he didn't know where the crease is :-)

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:36 am

To look at the glass as half full - an early end to the innings means more time for net practice.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:39 pm

112/4 and of all people this Ali guy took 2 wickets!

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:39 pm

And some people were calling the pitch, a featherbed.
It was one, even in England's second Innings Wink.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:32 am

friggin Indian team is the same old same old, get complacent after a win and give the advantage right back to the opponent. Look at our team's strategy, we refuse to play our best spinner and the opponent's spinner takes 8 wickets. I think the turning point of the match was Rahane's wicket in the first innings, things would've been different, had he not thrown his wicket away.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:55 am

many players are complacent. replace a few. Dhawan, rohit, Pujara, KHOLI, Pankaj. Fly in Umkumt(?) Chhand, Umesh from India now.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:03 am

Any idea, guesses which northindian or northindians sold out for money in this test?

Cricketers are businessmen and play for money.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:14 am

is ishant going to be another zak? on one test and off two.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next