Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My line is the party line: Diggy Raja

Go down

My line is the party line: Diggy Raja Empty My line is the party line: Diggy Raja

Post by Guest Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:11 pm

http://www.outlookindia.com/article.aspx?277935

Back to top Go down

My line is the party line: Diggy Raja Empty Re: My line is the party line: Diggy Raja

Post by Guest Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:16 pm

My stand that Diggy is an important leader of the Congress and not a 'clown' as some were trying to portray him to be stands vindicated.

Back to top Go down

My line is the party line: Diggy Raja Empty Re: My line is the party line: Diggy Raja

Post by charvaka Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:25 pm

Rashmun wrote:My stand that Diggy is an important leader of the Congress and not a 'clown' as some were trying to portray him to be stands vindicated.
Rashmun Method: Diggy claims that he is an important leader. Diggy also admits that Sonia Gandhi scolded him for his comments and forced him to apologize to Chidambaram. This proves that Diggy is not a clown.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:26 pm

charvaka wrote:
Rashmun wrote:My stand that Diggy is an important leader of the Congress and not a 'clown' as some were trying to portray him to be stands vindicated.
Rashmun Method: Diggy claims that he is an important leader. Diggy also admits that Sonia Gandhi scolded him for his comments and forced him to apologize to Chidambaram. This proves that Diggy is not a clown.

Charvako Method: keep misinterpreting and lying.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:29 pm

Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh, an old-timer of the party,
is known for speaking his mind unrestrainedly and pushing certain
agendas. But what makes him very important in the party is that many of
his “controversial statements” eventually turn out to be the party line.

For instance, when Union home minister P. Chidambaram articulated a
hardline approach to tackling the Maoist insurgency, Digvijay stirred a
storm by criticising him. On another occasion, he highlighted the issue
of saffron terror; now, it’s being investigated seriously by security
agencies. Similarly, he was always dismissive of the anti-corruption
movement spearheaded by civil society; now, the Congress too has taken
that line.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:30 pm

You recently said that Sonia Gandhi did pull you up for what you had said about Home Minister P. Chidambaram.

That was for a personal remark calling him intellectually arrogant.
Not for an ideological line. I have not been pulled up for any
ideological position.

Besides the Chidambaran remark has there been any other occasion where Mrs Gandhi has told you off?

Not not at all. I have not been scolded for anything else I have said (laughs).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:40 pm

A year ago when I interviewed you
there was a very clear division in the party between you and Mr
Chidambaram. The home minister was pushing a harder line against Maoists
and was quite vague on the issue of saffron terror. You advocated a
development approach for Maoists and kept harping on the need to
investigate saffron terror. Today, the HM has apparently changed tack on
both issues and is now in tune with your line on both issues?

Isn't that a good sign (smiles).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:25 am

charvaka wrote:

Looks like after getting exposed Charvaka has decided to run away with his tail between his legs. What a clown!

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:05 pm

Yes, sir. It is appropriate to judge whether Diggyji is a clown or not, based entirely on an interview with Diggyji. My suggesting otherwise did get "exposed." You win.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:19 pm

charvaka wrote:Yes, sir. It is appropriate to judge whether Diggyji is a clown or not, based entirely on an interview with Diggyji. My suggesting otherwise did get "exposed." You win.

Charvako, let's evaluate your original statement again:

Charvaka: Rashmun Method: Diggy claims that he is an important leader. Diggy also
admits that Sonia Gandhi scolded him for his comments and forced him to
apologize to Chidambaram. This proves that Diggy is not a clown.

u first start off by saying that Diggy is the one claiming that he is an important leader. That is not true with respect to the article i gave. It is the person who took the interview who made this claim. This person substantiated the claim by pointing out specific examples of controversial positions Diggy had taken which went on to become the official position of the Congress party.

You then went on to say that Sonia scolded Diggy for his comments and forced him to apologize to Chidambaram. What you failed to mention is that Sonia only scolded him for calling Chidambaram 'intellectually arrogant'. She did not scold him for any ideological position he had adopted.

That's how Charvako spin works. Just keep spinning, misinterpreting, lying--all this in a desperate bid to somehow throw mud at those who disagree with you: Charvako Method!

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:26 pm

I completely understand your motives for accusing me of spinning, misinterpreting and lying. Please carry on.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:38 pm

charvaka wrote:I completely understand your motives for accusing me of spinning, misinterpreting and lying. Please carry on.

*Irony Alert*

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down