Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

indian batting remain solidly inwffective

5 posters

Go down

indian batting remain solidly inwffective Empty indian batting remain solidly inwffective

Post by truthbetold Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:25 am

Green pitch. reasonably effective bowling.
indian batting got back to its true self.
151/7.
setting up for poor indian 1 st inning score. followed by englands massive total. rest any one guess.
dhoni can claim progress since england cannot beat india in every test of the series.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

indian batting remain solidly inwffective Empty Re: indian batting remain solidly inwffective

Post by nevada Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:55 am

Saving the first test = whitewash avoided. Mission accomplished!
Who cares what happens in the rest of the series. The team will continue it's "improvement" under the able stewardship of Dhobi.

nevada

Back to top Go down

indian batting remain solidly inwffective Empty Re: indian batting remain solidly inwffective

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:47 pm

There are only 3 Test-capable batsmen in the team: Vijay, Pujara, Rahane.

The rest - including Kholi - are more ODI-Tonty players. They should drop Dhawan and Binny (he scores once every 10 matches) immediately for Gambhir and Rohit (adds an offie).

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:49 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

The rest - including Kholi - are more ODI-Tonty players. They should drop Dhawan and Binny (he scores once every 10 matches) immediately for Gambhir and Rohit (adds an offie).

looks like ashwin is on dhoni's shit list. anyone know why?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:18 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

looks like ashwin is on dhoni's shit list. anyone know why?
Ashwin has been ineffective abroad so I think that is the reason he has been kept out. Actually he could come in place of Binny for the all rounder role.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:45 pm

Rahane is the new laxman!
pujara flatters to deceive.
kohli needs to step up.
tail pushed india to a respectable total but england will build a massive score.
Can indian bowlers pull off one of those rare bowling performances?
i doubt if they can do it at lord's.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:05 pm

truthbetold wrote:Rahane is the new laxman!
pujara flatters to deceive.
kohli needs to step up.
tail pushed india to a respectable total but england will build a massive score.
Can indian bowlers pull off one of those rare bowling performances?
i doubt if they can do it at lord's.

The boundary is long (if I am right) and it adds 50 runs to the total.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:18 pm

Indian bowlers can take 7-8 wickets but cannot get the last couple of wickets. But since this is supposedly a green top, maybe Binny can work his magic again!

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:25 pm

nevada wrote:Indian bowlers can take 7-8 wickets but cannot get the last couple of wickets. But since this is supposedly a green top, maybe Binny can work his magic again!

THIS Binny never showed any magic even in Ranji. This guy is no Roger.

Dump him right away. Dhobi is playing plain politics. Does not want Gambhir and Sambhar in the playing XI

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:35 pm

nevada wrote:Indian bowlers can take 7-8 wickets but cannot get the last couple of wickets. But since this is supposedly a green top, maybe Binny can work his magic again!

Dump him right away. Dhobi is playing plain politics. Does not want Gambhir and Sambhar in the playing XI
Do you know that he recently took 6 for 4 on a green top in Bangladesh? To be fair, that could be just a fluke but one can at least hope.

"Swinging Binny stuns Bangladesh".
Full story here:
http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh-v-india-2014/content/story/753205.html

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:43 pm

good to see a technically correct old style straight bat guy succeed. and that too under difficult conditions. we need more rahanes.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:51 pm

nevada wrote:

Do you know that he recently took 6 for 4 on a green top in Bangladesh? To be fair, that could be just a fluke but one can at least hope.

"Swinging Binny stuns Bangladesh".
Full story here:
http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh-v-india-2014/content/story/753205.html

Good...

When was the previous time Binny took 5 or 6 wickets or scored 2 centuries in a Ranji in a single year?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:53 pm

Binny is a military medium fast bowler. green wicket is not most important requirement. he needs conditions that help ball swing more. bhuwaneshwar is a lot faster and he can swing the ball too. i doubt if binny can do much that other bowlers cannot.

madan lal and mhinder amarnath were of similar pace but bowled with lot more control. happy to be proven wrong.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:08 pm

truthbetold wrote:Binny is a military medium fast bowler. green wicket is not most important requirement. he needs conditions that help ball swing more. bhuwaneshwar is a lot faster and he can swing the ball too. i doubt if binny can do much that other bowlers cannot.

madan lal and mhinder amarnath were of similar pace but bowled with lot more control. happy to be proven wrong.

Madan Lal was faster. Binny is as fast as Dhoni - that is it. His mediocre bowling skills - and the remote possibility of him swinging England to defeat - does not call for wasting a position for the next 9 matches.

Mohinder bowled as an opening bowler when he was 17 in the late 16 and after 2 tests disappeared to reappear later as batsman.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:00 pm

truthbetold wrote:Green pitch. reasonably effective bowling.
151/7.
setting up for poor indian 1 st inning score. followed by englands massive total. rest any one guess.
dhoni can claim progress since england cannot beat india in every test of the series.referring to the word "inwffective in the title line of your post.
Tbt, I refer to the word "inwffective" in the title line of your post. Do you have extremely fat fingers, or are you extremely old? I can't blame you for either; I merely want to know, so that I may remind myself to be charitable and forgiving towards you.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:05 pm

swapna wrote:
151/7.
dhoni can claim progress since england cannot beat india in every test of the series.referring to the word "inwffective in the title line of your post.
Tbt, I refer to the word "inwffective" in the title line of your post. Do you have extremely fat fingers, or are you extremely old? I can't blame you for either; I merely want to know, so that I may remind myself to be charitable and forgiving towards you.

he often makes his posts from his cell phone from what i know. please be charitable and forgiving.

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:36 pm

swapna wrote:
151/7.
swapna
what was your problem with the word? are you extremely old to not recognize the word?
since you are in a questioning mode, let me ask you one.
were you born socially inept or some one or some incident forced you to become antisocial?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down