Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

batting zero

+4
southindian
Hellsangel
MaxEntropy_Man
Propagandhi711
8 posters

Go down

batting zero Empty batting zero

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:55 am

wonder how the bicoastal bar charters & wapo warrior elites feel now...must be crushing that they've gotten india elections wrong in '14 and now this stunning defeat. I suspect they'll focus their energies on 2nd amendment now (again full 100% out of step with rest of the country & world) and will be 0-3. most amusing to see. I myself am batting .500 in predictions but I never liked hillary so not crying that she lost. only worried abt what the trumpanzee will do to the economy but there's always 2020 if he fucks up real bad. 

schadenfreude is delicious indeed.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

batting zero Empty Re: batting zero

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:58 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:wonder how the bicoastal bar charters & wapo warrior elites feel now...must be crushing that they've gotten india elections wrong in '14 and now this stunning defeat. I suspect they'll focus their energies on 2nd amendment now (again full 100% out of step with rest of the country & world) and will be 0-3. most amusing to see. I myself am batting .500 in predictions but I never liked hillary so not crying that she lost. only worried abt what the trumpanzee will do to the economy but there's always 2020 if he fucks up real bad. 

I won't deny it, it is crushing. But I am not sure I understand the schadenfreude since your claim was that you did not support Trump, and that you are worried about the economy.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:50 pm

Time for this I guess:

batting zero 14962656_10207667694391113_8661302653781604361_n
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:01 pm

Hellsangel wrote:Time for this I guess:

batting zero 14962656_10207667694391113_8661302653781604361_n
Off course. this is "After the Election..."

Noted for Trump.

Somehow, these still ring and are on video/audio

Blood coming from... Whereever
Groping the pussy
Fat pig
Like a house keeper
Sex Tape

and much, much, much more...

Google
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:14 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:wonder how the bicoastal bar charters & wapo warrior elites feel now...must be crushing that they've gotten india elections wrong in '14 and now this stunning defeat. I suspect they'll focus their energies on 2nd amendment now (again full 100% out of step with rest of the country & world) and will be 0-3. most amusing to see. I myself am batting .500 in predictions but I never liked hillary so not crying that she lost. only worried abt what the trumpanzee will do to the economy but there's always 2020 if he fucks up real bad. 

I won't deny it, it is crushing. But I am not sure I understand the schadenfreude since your claim was that you did not support Trump, and that you are worried about the economy.

schadenfreude on SUCH given the history we've had here. am worried about the unknown like 5.x billion ppl in rest of the world that didnt vote for him but also know they'll kick him out in 4 yrs if he's as disastrous as ppl think he will be.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:29 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

What was that advise you were dispensing about Yoga and meditation?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:58 pm

Dunno. W was fairly disastrous and he stayed on for second term. And he left the country in complete shambles.

And even if they kick him out, at what cost?

At the cost of first admitting we elected the biggest lying narcissist crook who has still has pending cases and inquiries in court? Who is so unfit temperamentally that his team had to block his twitter access last couple days? Who NEVER shared his shoddy business practices hidden in his tax records? Who represents EVERYTHING a normal parent tries to teach their child against?

At the cost of making a mockery out of the whole process?

At the cost of another candidate who deserved to win for so many reasons? This is the biggest loss that's keeping me low today. (don't even want to get into yet another discussion over this)

At the cost of RNC continuing it's dirty politics of continuously casting shadows on any democratic president, with fox news it's biggest mouthpiece? They did it with Bill Clinton throughout his 8 years. They did with Obama and his birth and religion. And they were after Hillary since even before Bill Clinton became president, and they would have continued in an even bigger scale had she won. This definitely parallels with congress (and now AAP too) party whiners of India, except they are much more successful with their bullshit here.

It's easy to be gracious and ask for unity and mutual respect when you win. The message seems clear, (and I only hope I am wrong). Let the white man have his secure spot he feels entitled to, and he will then plead with you to keep peace and mutual respect. Reverse the situation and try to replace him with color or gender, and be prepared for his endless anger and unrest.

If Trump had lost, he would be preparing to sue half the states. And we would have heard of all kinds of conspiracy theories of voter fraud. The real winner is Clinton's concession speech today. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-Zt_oGTm4I

And that's the sense of loss that's making me depressed today. Almost as depressed as I was on the day FBI dropped the bombshell. I knew then that she will lose.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:10 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

I am already into yoga and meditation and yes it will help.

But schadenfreude cuts both ways. If the economy tanks, I am going down, but so are all the people who voted for him. At least I'll have the satisfaction of knowing that I am not responsible for it. Same thing with blowback on immigrants from fringe white nationalist groups who'll now be emboldened to take their movement mainstream. I am brown-skinned, but so are you, but at least I didn't vote for him and hence bear no blame.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:16 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

I am already into yoga and meditation and yes it will help.

But schadenfreude cuts both ways. If the economy tanks, I am going down, but so are all the people who voted for him. At least I'll have the satisfaction of knowing that I am not responsible for it. Same thing with blowback on immigrants from fringe white nationalist groups who'll now be emboldened to take their movement mainstream. I am brown-skinned, but so are you, but at least I didn't vote for him and hence bear no blame.

There, there! Take a deep breath and say Om, Il Professore.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:19 pm

Scarlet O'Hara wrote:Dunno. W was fairly disastrous and he stayed on for second term. And he left the country in complete shambles.

I am sorry to tell you that this will be worse; much worse. For all his endless list of shortcomings, Dubya was not a personally malicious individual (millions who lost their lives due to his policies in the middle east and elsewhere will disagree with that I am sure); but it is my opinion that he surrounded himself with neocons who had a specific agenda who were to blame for the mess. I have no such delusions about our president-elect.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:37 pm

Scarlet O'Hara wrote:Dunno. W was fairly disastrous and he stayed on for second term. And he left the country in complete shambles.

And even if they kick him out, at what cost?

At the cost of first admitting we elected the biggest lying narcissist crook who has still has pending cases and inquiries in court? Who is so unfit temperamentally that his team had to block his twitter access last couple days? Who NEVER shared his shoddy business practices hidden in his tax records? Who represents EVERYTHING a normal parent tries to teach their child against?

At the cost of making a mockery out of the whole process?

At the cost of another candidate who deserved to win for so many reasons? This is the biggest loss that's keeping me low today. (don't even want to get into yet another discussion over this)

At the cost of RNC continuing it's dirty politics of continuously casting shadows on any democratic president, with fox news it's biggest mouthpiece? They did it with Bill Clinton throughout his 8 years. They did with Obama and his birth and religion. And they were after Hillary since even before Bill Clinton became president, and they would have continued in an even bigger scale had she won. This definitely parallels with congress (and now AAP too) party whiners of India, except they are much more successful with their bullshit here.

It's easy to be gracious and ask for unity and mutual respect when you win. The message seems clear, (and I only hope I am wrong). Let the white man have his secure spot he feels entitled to, and he will then plead with you to keep peace and mutual respect. Reverse the situation and try to replace him with color or gender, and be prepared for his endless anger and unrest.

If Trump had lost, he would be preparing to sue half the states. And we would have heard of all kinds of conspiracy theories of voter fraud. The real winner is Clinton's concession speech today. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-Zt_oGTm4I

And that's the sense of loss that's making me depressed today. Almost as depressed as I was on the day FBI dropped the bombshell. I knew then that she will lose.

batting zero Cw12cYRXEAAAqwJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:46 pm

wonder how the bicoastal bar charters & wapo warrior elites feel now
I will freely admit that I was wrong. I misread this country. I thought people were nicer and more progressive than they actually are. When you have elections like 2008 and 2012, you can get carried away and get ahead of your skies. That is what happened to me and a lot of people like me.

What I worry about now is the impact of this angry vote. Whether they meant it to or not, the "I am angry and I don't want to take it any more" voters of 2016 will unleash several bad consequences. I will highlight only the most important ones.

Trump's election will set the clock back on the urgent agenda of climate change. This more than anything else we do today is about the future of humanity. COP21 was incredibly hard to put together. Trump thinks climate change is a Chinese hoax. If the US walks away from action. China and India will too. You posted an informative chart a few weeks ago showing the entire spread of temperatures during human history. Trump's election has made is more likely that we will get on course for the worst case scenario.

This election fundamentally erodes American power around the world. For the first time in 60+ years, an American president has wavered on US security commitments to Japan, South Korea, Germany, Turkey, Poland, the Baltics and the Balkans. China and Russia will enhance their power at America's expense. Some people (both within and outside America) will think that that will be a good thing. I don't; I think it makes for a less free and more dangerous world order.

Trump's economic policies are fundamentally wrong. Trade is good, not bad (this is one reason I couldn't ever support Sanders). Providing subsidized health insurance to the poor helps, rather than hurts, the US economy. Those steel jobs are not coming back. Automation is the way of the future, and if Trump tries to stop it, the US will lose its competitive edge to countries like Germany where the demand for automation is high due to demographic pressures. The real policy debate we should be having is about government's role in a coming hyper-automated economy. Instead, Trump and his voters are focused on a past that can never be recreated.

Trump's election diminishes the prestige of the presidency -- unlike past presidents who had their affairs behind closed doors and didn't talk about them, this guy actually brags about sexual assault, and is unrepentant. Vulgarity in the 1960s (e.g. LBJ) wasn't visible to the public because they didn't have Twitter or 24x7 cable news. We do now, and after 16 years of presidents without personal scandal, we will have a pussy-grabber in the Oval Office.

On the personal front, this outcome has helped clarify my thinking. I was under heavy pressure to apply for naturalization, something I had resisted but was considering coming around to. I am far too liberal, far too brown, far too irreligious, far too accented, and far too educated to not keep my options open in this environment.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:30 pm

I'm very disappointed, no doubt about that but I'm also very satisfied that I voted for Hillary Clinton. Initially, I did not like her and thought she was an arrogant person but after having listened to her speeches, and watching her conduct herself over the past few months, and especially for sticking to her guns wrt abortion rights, she has gained a lot of my respect; I'm sure she gained a lot respect from folks like me.  So, no regrets.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:33 pm

Idéfix wrote:
On the personal front, this outcome has helped clarify my thinking. I was under heavy pressure to apply for naturalization, something I had resisted but was considering coming around to. I am far too liberal, far too brown, far too irreligious, far too accented, and far too educated to not keep my options open in this environment.

this. last night, inspite of heavy dose of melatonin, I was working out an exit strategy and logistic back home, or Europe which somehow attracts me a lot lately. Obviously, all of that washed away by morning, and I decided to just grieve, no action.

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:46 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:I'm very disappointed, no doubt about that but I'm also very satisfied that I voted for Hillary Clinton. Initially, I did not like her and thought she was an arrogant person but after having listened to her speeches, and watching her conduct herself over the past few months, and especially for sticking to her guns wrt abortion rights, she has gained a lot of my respect; I'm sure she gained a lot respect from folks like me.  So, no regrets.
I have no regrets at all about supporting Clinton. She was highly qualified. The bad judgment she made was also made by a two-term president from the GOP. When she was a senator, lots of Republicans praised her work ethic and collaborative approach. When she was SoS she also received praise from everybody from Trump to McCain. She was damaged by her unwillingness to squarely apologize for her mistake with the private email server, but much more by a deliberate smear operation on the right, and by a politically motivated faction within the FBI.

It is scary to imagine what that pro-Trump FBI faction will be up to going forward. It was common in India to misuse the CBI against political opposition. America is well on its way to that.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:14 pm

"It is scary to imagine what that pro-Trump FBI faction will be up to going forward. It was common in India to misuse the CBI against political opposition. America is well on its way to that."

Really? Have we forgotten J Edgar Hoover and Martin Luther King.  USA is much higher Rule of Law standards but it is not perfect. India, on the other hand, destroyed any sense of "rule of Law' to prop up Psuedo secular "Nehru" family.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:31 pm

I do not think Trump will not do most of the things that democrats accused him of. He is not going to misuse nuclear button or is he going to grab any pussy (atleast publicly). He would not be able to order mass deportations nor could he push around China for new trade deals. 

He can appoint a new judge to supreme court to tilt the supreme court for next decade or two to right. But his official actions are not the biggest problem for minority citizens. The ugly forces pampered by his campaign cannot be put back in cage even if he tried (which is doubtful) . These radical extremist elements will be making forays into mainstream America and cause  local problems. At local level, there is limited to non existent capacity to fight such extreme element. Their actions will combine intellectual tricks and physical actions to stir up trouble.  Who is going to stop them?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:30 pm

Idéfix wrote:
I will freely admit that I was wrong. I misread this country. I thought people were nicer and more progressive than they actually are.
May be you should go on a month long trip to rural counties Smile What did you expect from the folks who have no respect for woman's choice (pro-life), want their supreme court judges to be mullahs err preachers of Christianity.
Idéfix wrote:
I'm all of the above still have survived in conservative Virginia for over 20 years. Despite all her flaws this still is a great country.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:38 pm

truthbetold wrote:I do not think Trump will not do most of the things that democrats accused him of. He is not going to misuse nuclear button or is he going to grab any pussy (atleast publicly). He would not be able to order mass deportations nor could he push around China for new trade deals. 

He can appoint a new judge to supreme court to tilt the supreme court for next decade or two to right. But his official actions are not the biggest problem for minority citizens. The ugly forces pampered by his campaign cannot be put back in cage even if he tried (which is doubtful) . These radical extremist elements will be making forays into mainstream America and cause  local problems. At local level, there is limited to non existent capacity to fight such extreme element. Their actions will combine intellectual tricks and physical actions to stir up trouble.  Who is going to stop them?
Trump won't be able to deliver several things he promised. The question is where his movement goes from there. Do the ugly forces as you call them then turn on him, or on scapegoats like highly-educated dark-skinned foreigners doing well in "their" country?

This election was about the past. Two 70-year-olds fighting it out about each other's past mistakes, and the winner won by promising to restore a glorious past that is neither glorious nor can be restored. He cannot bring back well-paid hourly jobs in manufacturing for moderately-skilled high school graduates. This is a BIG part of his promise to America. But automation is an unstoppable trend. Human labor will do less and less factory work. When the God Emperor (as he is known in some circles of his fandom) fails on his core promises, there will be hell to pay and it may be paid by the people who lost yesterday.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:41 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Idéfix wrote:
I will freely admit that I was wrong. I misread this country. I thought people were nicer and more progressive than they actually are.
May be you should go on a month long trip to rural counties Smile What did you expect from the folks who have no respect for woman's choice (pro-life), want their supreme court judges to be mullahs err preachers of Christianity.
I thought they were genuinely religious and Christian, and could see Trump for the snake-oil salesman he is. He couldn't quote a single favorite Bible verse. He very likely hasn't read the Bible, and he called it his favorite book during the primaries. But apparently they care about Supreme Court justices, abortion, gay marriage, etc. a lot more than about their "leader" being a good Christian.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:45 pm

Idéfix wrote:
Trump won't be able to deliver several things he promised. The question is where his movement goes from there. Do the ugly forces as you call them then turn on him, or on scapegoats like highly-educated dark-skinned foreigners doing well in "their" country?

This election was about the past. Two 70-year-olds fighting it out about each other's past mistakes, and the winner won by promising to restore a glorious past that is neither glorious nor can be restored. He cannot bring back well-paid hourly jobs in manufacturing for moderately-skilled high school graduates. This is a BIG part of his promise to America. But automation is an unstoppable trend. Human labor will do less and less factory work. When the God Emperor (as he is known in some circles of his fandom) fails on his core promises, there will be hell to pay and it may be paid by the people who lost yesterday.
Right on! A colleague of mine who hails from West Virginia (coal country) says "which glorious past, I cannot recall one"

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:53 pm

BTW, talking about batting averages, I don't know who decided to reset the clock to 2014. I have been commenting in this group since 2006, and I remember calling the 2008, 2009 and 2012 races right, and 2014 and 2016 wrong. And I am not counting the midterms.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:54 pm

Idéfix wrote:
I thought they were genuinely religious and Christian, and could see Trump for the snake-oil salesman he is. He couldn't quote a single favorite Bible verse. He very likely hasn't read the Bible, and he called it his favorite book during the primaries. But apparently they care about Supreme Court justices, abortion, gay marriage, etc. a lot more than about their "leader" being a good Christian.
You don't think that mullahs that brainwash young Muslims are genuinely religious Razz. These evangelicals don't like Trump but he is the conduit to accomplish their religious goals. They're all (including RSS Hindus) one and the same (philosophically), two sides of the same coin.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:17 pm

Idéfix wrote:
truthbetold wrote:I do not think Trump will not do most of the things that democrats accused him of. He is not going to misuse nuclear button or is he going to grab any pussy (atleast publicly). He would not be able to order mass deportations nor could he push around China for new trade deals. 

**My mind is having these crazy reruns of this interview i read with david duke several mos ago where he praised trump and stated that he is returning to politics because he is so heartened by the response to his campaign.
early this morning cnn had a telephone interview with someone from breitbart. can't believe they'd invite someone like that.
so since he promised undeliverables like having jobs come back he will likley deliver more hate. i find it difficult to believe there are any gray cells under the wig.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:32 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:
Idéfix wrote:

**My mind is having these crazy reruns of this interview i read with david duke several mos ago where he praised trump and stated that he is returning to politics because he is so heartened by the response to his campaign.
early this morning cnn had a telephone interview with someone from breitbart. can't believe they'd invite someone like that.
so since he promised undeliverables like having jobs come back he will likley deliver more hate. i find it difficult to believe there are any gray cells under the wig.

** but i think for the health of any democracy all voices must be heard and we have to respect that and work together. so we live in a healthy democracy, people voted and there will be a peaceful transition to the next presidency.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:55 pm

Ignoring the hurt of the rust belt voters was a big mistake that not only democrats and Clinton are guilty of but also establishment Republicans. Trump has sold them a package that he most likely will not deliver on but I am also making a prediction that at the end of four years his supporters will not forsake him. They won't forsake him because it is human tendency to not accept a mistake readily. At the end of four years they'll still blame the illegal and legal immigrants, Muslims, other assorted brown people and the elites and will give him a second term. I am quite pessimistic.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:24 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:Ignoring the hurt of the rust belt voters was a big mistake that not only democrats and Clinton are guilty of but also establishment Republicans. Trump has sold them a package that he most likely will not deliver on but I am also making a prediction that at the end of four years his supporters will not forsake him. They won't forsake him because it is human tendency to not accept a mistake readily. At the end of four years they'll still blame the illegal and legal immigrants, Muslims, other assorted brown people and the elites and will give him a second term. I am quite pessimistic.
Clinton focussed too much on the negative campaigning of Trump and that backfired. She thought that if she could project Trump as anti-hispanic, anti-blacks, anti-muslims, anti-immigrant, anti-women, anti-LGBT, etc she could get votes from all these groups, through which she could win the presidency. 
When Trump took one step, Hillary took two steps to further divide the society and play the vote bank politics. It's similar to the caste based politics in India. In the process, she forgot to address the real issues and that has hurt her. In the end, did she get full support from all these groups? No.

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:25 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:Ignoring the hurt of the rust belt voters was a big mistake that not only democrats and Clinton are guilty of but also establishment Republicans. Trump has sold them a package that he most likely will not deliver on but I am also making a prediction that at the end of four years his supporters will not forsake him. They won't forsake him because it is human tendency to not accept a mistake readily. At the end of four years they'll still blame the illegal and legal immigrants, Muslims, other assorted brown people and the elites and will give him a second term. I am quite pessimistic.
Bush/Obama did pump billions of dollars to bailout auto industry. Here is an interesting comment and article about Younsgtown, OH.
Grew up in this town. I'm 54 years old now. Left when I was a jr in HS teh year before the mill closed. Ytown's problems can't be blamed on either party at the federal level. The roots of these modern day problems started long before the mill closed in 1979. Years of spending city and county tax dollars like there was bottomless pit of $$$ and not saving anything for a rainy day, not considering the mill may actually close one day and preparing the work force for next generation jobs. The writer has no clue how close he came to describing the "good old days." I have friends as kid whose father's quit school in the 8th grade when down to the mill got a job and never finished HS. When a man was getting to retire, he would bring in his cousin, nephew, son, son-in-law, etc introduce him to the foreman and just like that, he would retire one day and that person would started the next day. It really was like a tradition to work in the mill. They worked all the hours they wanted including overtime and they lived WELL. The wives were stay at home moms, they owned a home, nice cars, vacations etc. Most everyone thought it would never end. I remember everso often when I was a kid, someone would run for office, mayor or city council on the platform that one day the mills may close and the city should start saving some of the tax dollar and investing in other industry. They would get laughed off the ballot and beat in a landslide on election day.  

By the time I started 8th grade somehow the younger generation somehow noticed the writing was on the wall even if their parents didn't because slowly but surely kids graduating from HS instead of ALL going to the mill for employment, there was a slow drip then a steady stream of people graduating from HS and getting the heck out of dodge, military, college or heading south to Atlanta. By time my jr. year instead of it being assumed you were going to the mill to get a job, it was anything but the mill.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/can-either-presidential-candidate-rescue-this-ohio-city/2016/10/27/09d18706-9ace-11e6-b3c9-f662adaa0048_story.html#comments

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:54 pm

Kinnera wrote:
Clinton focussed too much on the negative campaigning of Trump and that backfired. She thought that if she could project Trump as anti-hispanic, anti-blacks, anti-muslims, anti-immigrant, anti-women, anti-LGBT, etc she could get votes from all these groups, through which she could win the presidency. 
When Trump took one step, Hillary took two steps to further divide the society and play the vote bank politics. It's similar to the caste based politics in India. In the process, she forgot to address the real issues and that has hurt her. In the end, did she get full support from all these groups? No.

I don't see what she was 'projecting'. He did say all those things quite freely. It's all on video if you want to watch it. Apparently scapegoating immigrants and minorities is perfectly acceptable in contemporary America. However, and this phenomenon will be even more difficult for people like me to understand, some people who belong to those very groups have been willing to support him, the rationale being that Hillary's shortcomings were even more serious. I don't agree with it, but I'm not on the winning side of this debate. So I'll deal with it. I'm not on Facebook but my family members have shared salutary posts by many Indians in support of Trump. So it's clear his support amongst Indians is non trivial and not limited to our little group here.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:59 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

I don't see what she was 'projecting'. He did say all those things quite freely. It's all on video if you want to watch it. Apparently scapegoating immigrants and minorities is perfectly acceptable in contemporary America. However, and this phenomenon will be even more difficult for people like me to understand, some people who belong to those very groups have been willing to support him, the rationale being that Hillary's shortcomings were even more serious. I don't agree with it, but I'm not on the winning side of this debate. So I'll deal with it.  I'm not on Facebook but my family members have shared salutary posts by many Indians in support of Trump. So it's clear his support amongst Indians is non trivial and not limited to our little group here.

looks like they are the first one to be had http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/muslim-ban-statement-disappears-trump-website/story?id=43433347

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:16 pm

Scarlet O'Hara wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

I don't see what she was 'projecting'. He did say all those things quite freely. It's all on video if you want to watch it. Apparently scapegoating immigrants and minorities is perfectly acceptable in contemporary America. However, and this phenomenon will be even more difficult for people like me to understand, some people who belong to those very groups have been willing to support him, the rationale being that Hillary's shortcomings were even more serious. I don't agree with it, but I'm not on the winning side of this debate. So I'll deal with it.  I'm not on Facebook but my family members have shared salutary posts by many Indians in support of Trump. So it's clear his support amongst Indians is non trivial and not limited to our little group here.

looks like they are the first one to be had http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/muslim-ban-statement-disappears-trump-website/story?id=43433347

I'm sure Donald will be publishing a report on what the hell is going on real soon.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:18 pm

47% of white women voters supported him. Not all of them were blue collar women with no college education. That's quite revealing.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:27 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Scarlet O'Hara wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

I'm sure Donald will be publishing a report on what the hell is going on real soon.
Mike Pence was against the Muslim ban. Mike Pence is in charge of foreign policy and domestic policy in the new administration. Trump is in charge of being tremendous. That is what the hell is going on.

As for the Trump voters' anger against Washington insiders, Pence was in Congress for five terms. As for their anger at political corruption, Pence used campaign funds to pay his mortgage bills, credit card bills, groceries, golf tournament fees, and car payments for his wife's car. It wasn't illegal to do so at that time.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:26 pm

Idéfix wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Idéfix wrote:

the bible is a very very good book. it's such a beautiful book, I even gave it to melania to read once after grabbing her by the pussy. it's true folks, it's a beautiful, beautiful book.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:31 pm

Idéfix wrote:

dark! whatever do you mean.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:34 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Idéfix wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Idéfix wrote:

the bible is a very very good book. it's such a beautiful book, I even gave it to melania to read once after grabbing her by the pussy. it's true folks, it's a beautiful, beautiful book.

Are you Megyn Kelly?

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:51 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
Idéfix wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Idéfix wrote:

Are you Megyn Kelly?

not quite but in my spare time I pretend to be many things to her, including her tampon. that's one hot milf....that hair, nose, neck combined with her insolent expression makes me hard instantaneously.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:08 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Idéfix wrote:

As jobs keep disappearing due to automation, rather than returning as their God-Emperor promised, who will they blame for the failure? Not Donald, because that would require admitting that they were wrong and had been conned. It will be a lot easier to blame the usual scapegoats -- immigrants, the educated elites, women who take "men's jobs." Of these groups immigrants are rather easy to target, and they will go after successful non-white immigrants like us because we are rather easy to distinguish by appearance and manner.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:47 pm

Idéfix wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
Idéfix wrote:

As jobs keep disappearing due to automation, rather than returning as their God-Emperor promised, who will they blame for the failure? Not Donald, because that would require admitting that they were wrong and had been conned. It will be a lot easier to blame the usual scapegoats -- immigrants, the educated elites, women who take "men's jobs." Of these groups immigrants are rather easy to target, and they will go after successful non-white immigrants like us because we are rather easy to distinguish by appearance and manner.

not sure if you're aware of it but it's the flip of argument many whites make about unruly blacks and illegal immigrant mexicans when libs take over. many ppl hate each other historically and nativist sentiment is nothing new, every generation go through it more like a constant....we should all be more worried about this orange faced baboon turning the country into a retrograde 2nd grade power than worry about some phantom bugaboo of angry whites hunting brown ppl like an episode of walking dead.

PS: exercise your second amendment rights if you're worried.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down